The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Nils Hoglander to 2 year $1.1M

Odd.

23 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I highly doubt Hoglander will get waived. Allvin’s turned down many offers from teams like Carolina, Ottawa, and NY in recent trades.

Garland or Myers will be traded, pretty confident.

Source? 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Feel like he’s gonna push garland down the lineup this year 

could see tocchet liking his style of play better. Let’s hope his defensive details really did improve in Abby and the new system clicks for him 

we really need one of podz / hoglander to take a larger step this year

if both improve though would be huge 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

• -AJ- pinned this topic

My extreme hope for Hogz is that he becomes our very own Swedish Theo Fleury. A smaller player who is able to put up points, play a hard nosed game, while getting under the opposition's skin. If he can play with tenacity and skill and put up 45-55 points on a regular basis, that would be awesome. He has the tools to be a top 6 player, now he's gotta put on the hard hat and beat out the plethora of other wingers too.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

Van will be cap compliant with hog signed in one of 2 scenerios:

1) Pearson is still injured when the season starts and is placed on LTIR. Canucks will capture the space for his contract. 

2) Pearson is healthy when the season starts and the Canucks waive him and send him the AHL like they did with Hamonic 2 years ago. They will open enough space to keep hoggy on the main roster. 

I highly, highly doubt Pearson will be in the starting lineup on opening night regardless of his health, purely due to how much time he has missed and how difficult training has been and still is for him until his hand is healed

Edited by The_Rocket
  • Cheers 1
  • elephant 1

Hoglander showed such flashes of brilliance especially in his first season on the team. It felt like he started to overthink things more recently, and I hope he can get back to playing his freewheeling style of game while being consistently strong defensively. How hard can that be? ::D

Looked fantastic getting good ice time in Abby,.  Huge growth last season for it.

He will definitely be pushing someone off , he was already strong physically, but has definitely improved on his tenacity, and fearlessness.

Nils will shine this year.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

39 minutes ago, The_Rocket said:

Van will be cap compliant with hog signed in one of 2 scenerios:

1) Pearson is still injured when the season starts and is placed on LTIR. Canucks will capture the space for his contract. 

2) Pearson is healthy when the season starts and the Canucks waive him and send him the AHL like they did with Hamonic 2 years ago. They will open enough space to keep hoggy on the main roster. 

I highly, highly doubt Pearson will be in the starting lineup on opening night regardless of his health, purely due to how much time he has missed and how difficult training has been and still is for him until his hand is healed

Option 2 is the most likely scenario. Pearson gets waived and sent to Abby, which frees up $1.15 million in cap space, which is almost the exact amount of the Höglander contract. So Höglander is with the big club and Pearson is in Abby. 

They will also waive Dries and Studnicka to get to 13 forwards. If no other changes are made then this is our forward group:

Kuzmenko     Pettersson     Beauvillier 

Mikheyev       Miller             Boeser 

Höglander     Blueger          Garland 

Joshua          Aman             Podkolzin 

PDG

I’m pretty sure we will see more changes coming. We need more size and grit. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

YES! Solid signing

Its not very good for the Canucks. Now in 2 years , he will  be getting a Bouvilleir contract.

Should have given him 4 years 1.8 million 

He already proved himself an NHL player in the NHL and in the AHL.  Before he was sent down , he was in the top 10 points wise for his draft class 

Edited by MaxVerstappen33
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Option 2 is the most likely scenario. Pearson gets waived and sent to Abby, which frees up $1.15 million in cap space, which is almost the exact amount of the Höglander contract. So Höglander is with the big club and Pearson is in Abby. 

They will also waive Dries and Studnicka to get to 13 forwards. If no other changes are made then this is our forward group:

PDG

Man we need to move Garland... and replace him with a guy like Comtois. Sign Suter at/near league min too.

I could potentially see Podz in Abby as well. No waivers and one of the higher sub-mil contracts. Especially with current management's propensity for over-ripening prospects. Dominating and playing big minutes in Abby wouldn't be the worst thing. Sign Suter for ~$800k, assign Podz, save $125K cap.

Kuzmenko     Pettersson     Beauvillier 

Mikheyev       Miller             Boeser 

Höglander     Suter          Comtois 

Aman         Blueger          Joshua 

PDG

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

PDG

Hope you’re right. There are 8-9 teams that need a scoring winger, with Tarasenko/Kane as the only big name UFA’s left. Maybe we can find a trade for a bottom 6 winger that opens enough cap to add Suter as well.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1