The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] UPD: NHL to release up to 8 players involved in 2018 Team Canada assault

Rate this topic

Odd.

So it looks like Cal Foote, Jonah Gadjovich, Brett Howden, Maxime Comtois and Alex Formenton are the 5 guys still unsigned from the 2018 team.  My bet is Alex Formenton is the guy that picked up the girl and brought her to the hotel.  The others may have been the ones in the room and either watched or got involved as well.

Just speculation only, but perhaps teams have been given a heads up as to the players on the hot seat...

EDIT:  I believe there were 8 guys in total in the room, so at this point who knows for sure...

Edited by Elias Pettersson

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So it looks like Cal Foote, Jonah Gadjovich, Brett Howden, Maxime Comtois and Alex Formenton are the 5 guys still unsigned from the 2018 team.  My bet is Alex Formenton is the guy that picked up the girl and brought her to the hotel.  The others may have been the ones in the room and either watched or got involved as well.

Just speculation only, but perhaps teams have been given a heads up as to the players on the hot seat...

EDIT:  I believe there were 8 guys in total in the room, so at this point who knows for sure...

Gadjovich I believe came out and said he had no part in anything, or his agent did on his behalf. Also Gadj was in a long term relationship at the time.

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Gadjovich I believe came out and said he had no part in anything, or his agent did on his behalf. Also Gadj was in a long term relationship at the time.

Gadjovich was one of the first players to come out and state he had no involvement too.

I really hope he wasn't part of it, I think fondly of him and hope to keep it that way.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Gadjovich could also be unsigned cause he’s just not that good too. 

SACRILEGE! BLASPHEMY!

image.gif.adb157a97e76ccfe10be29fe175c405d.gif

Repent thou, foul demon, in the name of our lord and saviour, Jonah GODjovich!

Edited by RWJC
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

20 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Statements from current NHL players:

Victor Mete, Philadelphia Flyers

“I am deeply troubled by reports of this incident and should my help be requested by those investigating this matter, I will fully cooperate in any way I can.” — Victor Mete

Taylor Raddysh, Chicago Blackhawks

“I was not in any way involved in the alleged incident and I am prepared to cooperate with any additional investigations in the future." — Taylor Raddysh

Boris Katchouk, Chicago Blackhawks

“Boris has fully cooperated with the Hockey Canada investigation and will continue to provide that cooperation in any further investigation." — Katchouk's agent, Mike Liut

Sam Steel, Dallas Stars

“Sam Steel did not engage in any of the misconduct that has been described in the media, and as far as I know, no one has alleged that he did so. Sam has cooperated with every investigation into the matter, and he intends to continue to cooperate.” — Steele’s agent, Gerry Johannson

Conor Timmins, Toronto Maple Leafs

“I was not involved in any way in the incident that gave rise to the allegations that have been reported…I cooperated fully with the initial Hockey Canada investigation and will continue to cooperate in any other investigations as required.” — Connor Timmins

Robert Thomas, St. Louis Blues

“I look forward to cooperating with the NHL investigation as well as any other investigation if appropriate and as required.” — Robert Thomas

Jordan Kyrou, St. Louis Blues

“I did not attend the Hockey Canada Gala and was not in London, Ontario at the time of the alleged incident. I am prepared to cooperate with any additional investigations in the future if necessary.” — Jordan Kyrou

Cale Makar, Colorado Avalanche

“I think it's an ongoing investigation, but I did receive an email and obviously I'll be very cooperative in the investigation. Whatever they need from me, I'll be very cooperative.” — Cale Makar

Jonah Gadjovich, Free agent

“Jonah was not involved in the incident and does not have any comment on legal proceedings and the settlement involving other parties.” — Gadjovich’s agency, Driven Sports Group

Dante Fabbro, Nashville Predators

“Dante was in bed sleeping and wasn’t part of this in any way.” — Fabbro’s agent, J.P. Barry

Dillon Dubé, Calgary Flames

“Dillon did not engage in any wrongdoing, and he co-operated fully with the independent London Police Service investigation in 2018, through which all players were then cleared of any wrongdoing.” — Dube’s agent, Dave Cowan

Brett Howden, Vegas Golden Knights

“I had absolutely no interaction, verbally or physically, with the complainant, which I explained fully to the Hockey Canada investigator…I will of course co-operate in the NHL investigation as I did in the Hockey Canada investigation.” — Howden’s agent, J.P. Barry

Maxime Comtois, Free agent

“The allegations are deeply troubling, and I am cooperating with investigators to help as much as I can.” — Maxime Comtois

Cal Foote, Free agent

According to Foote’s agent, he wasn’t in any way involved in the sexual assault.

Michael McLeod, New Jersey Devils

According to reporters, McLeod stated he is cooperating with the ongoing investigation. However, no official statement has been released.

Drake Batherson, Ottawa Senators

"I've been co-operating with the ongoing investigations. Out of respect for the person involved, I'm not going to be making a comment on it now or in the future," Batherson told reporters at Senators training camp.

Alex Formenton, Ottawa Senators

No statement or comment has been issued.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

“I am deeply troubled by reports of this incident and should my help be requested by those investigating this matter, I will fully cooperate in any way I can.” — Victor Mete

“I was not in any way involved in the alleged incident and I am prepared to cooperate with any additional investigations in the future." — Taylor Raddysh

“Boris has fully cooperated with the Hockey Canada investigation and will continue to provide that cooperation in any further investigation." — Katchouk's agent, Mike Liut

Sam Steel, Dallas Stars

“Sam Steel did not engage in any of the misconduct that has been described in the media, and as far as I know, no one has alleged that he did so. Sam has cooperated with every investigation into the matter, and he intends to continue to cooperate.” — Steele’s agent, Gerry Johannson

“I was not involved in any way in the incident that gave rise to the allegations that have been reported…I cooperated fully with the initial Hockey Canada investigation and will continue to cooperate in any other investigations as required.” — Connor Timmins

“I look forward to cooperating with the NHL investigation as well as any other investigation if appropriate and as required.” — Robert Thomas

“I did not attend the Hockey Canada Gala and was not in London, Ontario at the time of the alleged incident. I am prepared to cooperate with any additional investigations in the future if necessary.” — Jordan Kyrou

“I think it's an ongoing investigation, but I did receive an email and obviously I'll be very cooperative in the investigation. Whatever they need from me, I'll be very cooperative.” — Cale Makar

“Jonah was not involved in the incident and does not have any comment on legal proceedings and the settlement involving other parties.” — Gadjovich’s agency, Driven Sports Group

“Dante was in bed sleeping and wasn’t part of this in any way.” — Fabbro’s agent, J.P. Barry

“Dillon did not engage in any wrongdoing, and he co-operated fully with the independent London Police Service investigation in 2018, through which all players were then cleared of any wrongdoing.” — Dube’s agent, Dave Cowan

“I had absolutely no interaction, verbally or physically, with the complainant, which I explained fully to the Hockey Canada investigator…I will of course co-operate in the NHL investigation as I did in the Hockey Canada investigation.” — Howden’s agent, J.P. Barry

“The allegations are deeply troubling, and I am cooperating with investigators to help as much as I can.” — Maxime Comtois

Cal Foote, Free agent

According to Foote’s agent, he wasn’t in any way involved in the sexual assault.

According to reporters, McLeod stated he is cooperating with the ongoing investigation. However, no official statement has been released.

"I've been co-operating with the ongoing investigations. Out of respect for the person involved, I'm not going to be making a comment on it now or in the future," Batherson told reporters at Senators training camp.

Obviously concern is mostly around Formenton but Dube and Batherson's statements weren't great and Comtois is a bit concerning as well.

Sad, terrible situation and hope the investigation was fair, un-biased and if appropriate the punishment firm and just.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Sam Steel, Dallas Stars

Cal Foote, Free agent

This is a better summary: https://www.cbc.ca/news/players-statements-world-juniors-2018-1.6597503

I have posted in another thread in the past and the only 4 players that have not denied any wrongdoing are Katchouk, Batherson, Mcleod and Forementon. The other 4 members involved were CHL players that were not part of the Team Canada Roster. 

To be clear, Comtois and Gadjovich both have come out and said they were not involved. I think they're Free Agents just because nobody wanted to sign them (yet). 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

Obviously concern is mostly around Formenton but Dube and Batherson's statements weren't great and Comtois is a bit concerning as well.

Sad, terrible situation and hope the investigation was fair, un-biased and if appropriate the punishment firm and just.

Batherson did not deny wrongdoing, but Dube did so I think he's simply just un-signed. The ones to watch out for are Batherson, Katchouk, Forementon, and Mcleod. 

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

There were 22 players on that team.  Only 16 made a statement.  The ones who didn't:

Alex Formenton

Jake Bean

Tyler Steenbergen

Kale Clague

Colton Point

Carter Hart

Clague did make a statement. He said he wasn’t at the event or in the city at the time.

Edited by ThaManbeast

On 7/10/2023 at 7:12 PM, Fen1010 said:

Is this the actual list of players who attended the event or just players who may have attended?

These are stats from 2018 - U20 team stats Team Canada ? I think that would mean they played in the tourney?

10 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

There were 22 players on that team.  Only 16 made a statement.  The ones who didn't:

Alex Formenton

Jake Bean

Tyler Steenbergen

Kale Clague

Colton Point

Carter Hart

Players involved in sex scandal have possibly been identified after latest statement from Comtois - HockeyFeed

Not sure if the link works, but this a part of the article

"The agent for Blue Jackets winger Jake Bean and Flyers goalie Carter Hart, lawyer Scott K. Fenton, was the first to respond, speaking for Clague, Bean and Hart: “None of the players you reference engaged in any wrongdoing, all of the players co-operated fully with the independent London Police Service investigation in 2018, and all players were then cleared of any wrongdoing.”

Seems a few players went thru their agents instead of doing it themselves.

Edited by Fen1010
  • Thanks 1

• Odd. changed the title to [Report] UPD: NHL to release up to 8 players involved in 2018 Team Canada assault

Tweet continued:

If NHL names and suspends players allegedly involved, affected players would likely appeal any sanctions to an arbitrator, as per CBA, and may pursue defamation lawsuits vs league, said agent of one player who attended 2018 Hockey Canada gala. (While an investigating officer in October wrote in court documents he believes there are grounds to charge at least five players, police in London continue to decline comment other than to say an investigation is ongoing.)

Edited by Odd.

Should be pretty soon till we get the names. 

this is only the beginning. There will be a ton of lawsuits and very long and drawn out court proceedings. 

After the whole Chicago debacle, NHL will be under intense scrutiny and pressure.

Edited by Odd.
  • Cheers 1