The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Jets re-sign Gabriel Vilardi

33 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Jets made out pretty good on the Dubois deal.

Agreed, and the Kings better hope PLD doesn't stop trying or have his character issues resurface.
Giving up 2 roster regulars, 1 more hopeful and another early pick is a huge haul.

Edited by Phil_314
  • Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Agreed, and the Kings better hope PLD doesn't stop trying or have his character issues resurface.
Giving up 2 roster regulars, 1 more hopeful and another early pick is a huge haul.

Yup. Very true. Unfortunately for Canuck fans I think the table is set for PLD to be very successful. He is exactly what they needed to add to an already strong team trajectory.

31 minutes ago, Bounce000 said:

Where’s my Vilardi over Petersson 2017 draft crowd at?

Haha, I was sort of one of them. Hadn’t watched enough game action of Pettersson in his D or D-1 and was a little worried about the slight build and weight for his height. At the same time, I’m a pretty heavy stats guy, and the numbers said Petey was the best player in that draft, so I was quite happy with the pick. Just was a little too chicken**** in the weeks before the draft to fully commit to Pettersson as my BPA. And I was also really high on Vilardi. I still think he has a good chance to be an excellent player and have a nice career, but obviously happy we went with Petey.

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yup. Very true. Unfortunately for Canuck fans I think the table is set for PLD to be very successful. He is exactly what they needed to add to an already strong team trajectory.

I struggle to see how he is going to change his stripes on bringing the best version of himself player and person to the rink everyday.  I’m sure we’ve all known people that are like I’ll be happy when _______ happens in my life.  Usually those type of people are happy for a short period of time and then backslide into there old patterns.

• Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

I struggle to see how he is going to change his stripes on bringing the best version of himself player and person to the rink everyday.  I’m sure we’ve all known people that are like I’ll be happy when _______ happens in my life.  Usually those type of people are happy for a short period of time and then backslide into there old patterns.

I haven't really been 100% ultra focused on his career but I see this "not happy" thing as easily overblown. There is a lot of guessing and supposition going on here. Losing sucks but if he gets to be part of a team on the upswing and a winning group I don't know why he couldn't bring the best version of himself going onto his third team at the age of 25. I can't imagine he's not extremely motivated to be successful in LA. He wouldn't be the first disgruntled youngster to figure it out at this stage.

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I haven't really been 100% ultra focused on his career but I see this "not happy" thing as easily overblown. There is a lot of guessing and supposition going on here. Losing sucks but if he gets to be part of a team on the upswing and a winning group I don't know why he couldn't bring the best version of himself going onto his third team at the age of 25. I can't imagine he's not extremely motivated to be successful in LA. He wouldn't be the first disgruntled youngster to figure it out at this stage.

He was on what should have been a pretty good jets team and should have been part of the solution 

1 hour ago, Canucks Curse said:

tbh I had no clue who Pettersson was, boy am I glad they did not F up that pick like the oJ and Virt picks ....

Yip. I was kind of ticked when we picked this skinny kid from Sweden lol. Egg on my face. All he's done is prove that he's the real deal and working hard to get even better. Love EP. So lucky to have him. 

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Jets made out pretty good on the Dubois deal.

Same as what Chevy did when that D man wanted to go to the Rags. Pionk is pretty damned good. And this Vilardi guy looks pretty damned good too. And both Jet players are on much better contracts. Chevy had a tough job, considering it’s Winterpig, but he’s doing pretty good. Would take him over Benning/Brod. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

He's requested trades off two teams now and gives up on the ice when he doesn't get his own way. If there is any player in the league who I think suspicions about his character are warranted, its Dubois. 

• There it is 1