The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

I’m just hoping that he can finish out this season without anymore injuries, and that for the first time in a long time, he can go into the summer with full health.  

The only contracts that we may move might be Stecher and Schaller. 

8 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

We got lots of bad contracts expiring over the next few seasons, I think Myers is arguably our only long term contract that could turn out iffy and he’s very movable if he continues the way he’s played but the eriksson Baer sutter beagle contracts are all gone by summer 22 along with the Luongo penalty lots of room for resigning our stars to promotions and then roster spots for our prospects 

I understand that Legion

My point was that if they want to bring up players on more than a look see next year, they will have to be active in moving players at this years TDL and in the summer......

and if they are just moving out bad contracts it will cost them picks and prospects...….

It is getting to the point of "My Cup Runith Over", not a bad problem to have!

30 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

...and they both do it way better than Edler...who is doing it better than Edler of 2 years ago...

Let the kids play...1

To me coaches grade players differently to fans. Coaches tend to measure by the number of mistakes ...NOT made. Edler makes few hence the coach and if polled most coaches would grade in that manner. Edler is reliable game after game shift after shift  ( he has the best +/- on the team LOL ) Coaches feel comfortable seeing him out there. I wish we had more Edler like player at the back end

• Like 1

19 hours ago, khay said:

That's a nice wrister. The fact that he can score from that far out is going to generate a lot of scoring chances for our team on the rush.

I think OJ already has an NHL offence. Looking forward to seeing him soon.

Game from yesterday. Really nice accurate shot off the rush. Juolevi has been emerging.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Upvote 1

Good to see him finding some form - especially after having trouble getting over injuries in North America. Hope he can continue to improve as he definitely has some very good qualities to his game that could help us as this team grows.

On 1/19/2020 at 1:35 PM, Fred65 said:

To me coaches grade players differently to fans. Coaches tend to measure by the number of mistakes ...NOT made. Edler makes few hence the coach and if polled most coaches would grade in that manner. Edler is reliable game after game shift after shift  ( he has the best +/- on the team LOL ) Coaches feel comfortable seeing him out there. I wish we had more Edler like player at the back end

Edler is awesome. I used to dis him. That is because he has all the tools but his biggest flaw is he can be beat when he's tired. I don't dis him anymore he provides so much toughness and in the corner ride your head into the boards play. No one else can do that. People literally don't want to play against him.

• Upvote 1

On 1/19/2020 at 11:35 AM, Fred65 said:

You may laugh at the value of +/-, however, taken contextually, it is relevant to Edler’s value. He earned that stat playing at even strength against the best players that other teams could bring against us. 

7 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

You may laugh at the value of +/-, however, taken contextually, it is relevant to Edler’s value. He earned that stat playing at even strength against the best players that other teams could bring against us. 

I don't think that poster is laughing at the value of +/-. I believe he was the poster who stated that when a Canuck prospect has a low plus minus, he is a bust, regardless of context or sample size.

Edited by WeneedLumme

12 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Nagging injuries isn't a good sign especially when you haven't made the big leagues yet.  His durability might be what holds him back.

Already has held him back and like you have stated, will likely continue to be a problem throughout his career.  Olli will probably have to spend every offseason making sure he is in tip top condition if he wants to have a long career.  Thankfully, he will have the top trainers to guide and educate him what he needs to do to ensure that he can avoid injuries as much a possible.

12 minutes ago, Kushman said:

Just out of curiosity, are there any notable examples of young players that had injury problems early on (before making the nhl) that went on to have long and health nhl careers?

Jack Eichel is a fresh example as he kept having ankle injuries that derailed his young career. Now he seems to be on track to be a force for Buffalo. Career is still young for him but he sure was snake bitten to start out.

• Cheers 1