The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Draft Lottery | April 9th, 5:00pm PT

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Problem is by the time Ottawa gets enough prospects to have an NHL team, Tkachuk will be a UFA.  Doesn't matter how good they are at rebuilding when their owner is too cheap to even care about winning.

As bad as Dorion got abused in acquiring Duchesne?  (Bad, worst deal I can recall in ten plus, maybe 20 years)… Including losing this 4th overall pick.

And as embarrassing as it was, with Hoffman, their coach at the draft, and Ubergate?  Or was it a taxi...

Ottawa has generally drafted well. See Chabot, Colin White, Tkachuk. A few more will surface, Bernard Docker, Logan Brown. And has started to accumulate some decent prospects via trade. See Gustavsson, Branstrom. Veronneau looks like perhaps the best college signing this year? They also still have a first, an extra 2knd this year, two 1st rounders, 3 2knd rounders and an extra 3rd rounder next year.  Some extra picks anyway.  

And $35 million in cap space. $40 million when you consider its going up? https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/senators

image.png.d25f82a91dde5a2ff13a7074fabe4b8f.png

Melnyk can still F' it up! But they have a good young nucleus forming. An opportunity to come out the other side.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, ItalianCanuck1 said:

This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Numbers are drawn randomly. If you are 1 number away you may as well be ALL the numbers away. 

It is like saying if you were 1 number away from winning the 649 you almost won. Unbelievably stupid. If you were 1 number away you still had a 1 in 13 million chance of winning.

Edit: apparently Mr. Booth is an idiot.

2nd Edit: and Samir Javer is an idiot.

:picard:

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ItalianCanuck1 said:

Unlucky or................

Image result for gif count sesame street number 10

3 big American market teams win top 3. No conspiracy just unlucky. 1993..........  6 Canadian teams no cups in 25 years and COUNTING bahahahahahaha.  Oh well we always have Trudeau. 

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I think 9th was (48.8% from what I saw), 10th was 30.7% according to tankathon.

Careful, you never know what can happen on draft day.  I would've said something similar with Quinn Hughes last year before the draft.  Although I'm done having kids, I'm still glad I didn't

I was going to say you used to be fun?

Then I read your 2knd sentence! :lol:

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, stawns said:

At the risk of being a broken record.......Caufield all day

I would agree in the range we are picking.  I really am not keen on this team getting even smaller, but he would presumably play RW with Horvat.  If Pearson sticks, it is a pretty strong line and guys might not take too many liberties.

But I'm primarily concerned about injuries rather than the ability of a small guy to play in today's NHL.  We have already seen Pettersson get manhandled, and that is a real risk imo.... especially in the playoffs. 

With that said, Bo deserves a highly skilled winger to play with, and Caufield seems to fit the bill.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

People yee of lil faith, Jimbo has shown he and his amateur scouting staff will find hidden talent just about anywhere in the first round.  

JB will surely find us another beauty at 10th overall.

Or a couple beauties if they trade down? I’m intrigued by the bottom half of the first round, not a lot of separation of talent. Could get the best bang for our buck if we trade down. But overall, I trust our scouting enough to make a solid pick no matter what happens.