The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WCF: (P2) San Jose Sharks vs. (C3) St. Louis Blues | Blues win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Conference Finals  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/14/2019 at 01:00 AM

5 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

I was saying this last year xD they managed to beef up enough to go farther but this was the blues' time since January, pulling off probably the greatest comeback in sports history to reach a championship round

It was a good run for the sharks, but Joe's gotta go and Karlssons gotta move on 

They do have some great young players - I never was sold on their goal tending - lot of questions in San Jose after this. Definitely they need to move on from Karlsson and Thornton

• Upvote 1

I don’t know why all the media talk about the blues is like they came out of nowhere, before the season they were picked to be amongst the top teams in the west, they underachieved big time for the first half then caught fire. Now I’m cheering for them though because frack Boston 

Edited by KelownaCanucksFan
Grammer
  • Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

I’m glad to see that the Sharks have been ushered off the battlefield by the mighty Blues.  The Sharks are so talented but choose to spend large parts of the game grubbing around for cheap penalties and bad calls. Not really the way to max out on the deep roster they have. The whole is less than the sum of the parts.

Does anybody else remember the video of the in practice fight between Robert Bortuzzo and Sanford? I remember hearing Berube saying to “let em go”. I recall thinking what a huge moment that was. One that could either pull the team together, or completely lay waste to the team.

Many on these boards, myself included, thought that this was the team hittting bottom, never to recover.

Instead it turned the team around and it seems they have become nearly unbeatable. Funny how these things work out.

Salut to the St. Louis Blues!

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Same. I’d rather a team that’s never won the Cup get a chance. Especially one as hard working and solid as the Blues. Buck Foston. 

Yup, I am not a Blues fan but hope they kick Boston in the Drop Kick Murphys

Edited by the_impersonator13
Spelling
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

Well, the NHL tried its hardest to gift the SJS a trip to the cup final. Shotty calls in every round that gave the SJS the W or the series W. Good riddance and thank god the Blues were just the better team and beat Jumbo and Pint sized Joe

• Upvote 1

Not sure why people are saying the Sharks should move on from Thornton. Dude put up 51 points in 73 games at 39 years old while scoring 16 goals. 10 points in 19 playoff games. If some folks wanna hold grudges whatever, but if wants to stick around for a reasonable price I imagine he'll be wearing that Sharks uniform again in October. He can clearly still play. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Not sure why people are saying the Sharks should move on from Thornton. Dude put up 51 points in 73 games at 39 years old while scoring 16 goals. 10 points in 19 playoff games. If some folks wanna hold grudges whatever, but if wants to stick around for a reasonable price I imagine he'll be wearing that Sharks uniform again in October. He can clearly still play. 

Well the Sedins put up 50 points and everyone couldn't wait for them to retire. 

4 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Well the Sedins put up 50 points and everyone couldn't wait for them to retire. 

Perhaps, but we're talking a different player, team and fanbase. Thornton's also not expected to be the greatest source of offense when they've got the likes of Kane, Hertl, Pavelski, Burns, Couture, ect. Different scenarios. He's a contributor as opposed to being the big gun at this stage. 

Edited by Coconuts

Injury updates - cut and past from tweets by Kevin Kurz (the Athletic) and Curtis Pashelka (the Mercury News)

Hertl missed Game 6 with a head injury, but also was dealing with a broken pinkie finger in his left hand for the whole playoff run

Pavelski didn’t play Game 6 due to lower body injury

Kane says he wasn’t dealing with anything major in terms of injury. Just hit a slump at a bad time

Thornton said also that he pulled his groin on his first shift of the WCF

Karlsson says he’s not sure yet if his groin injury will require surgery. Says it was his decision with input from DeBoer not to play Game 6 vs. Blues