The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

"...or else."

doesn't that apply to everyone though?  He's still one of the best pk'ers on the team and he can fill in on every line if injuries hit.  They barely save any $ by sending down and he's a versatile guy........I just don't see them sending him to Utica.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Finding a fit for him could also mean sending him to the appropriate league, which is the AHL.  Utica would be a fantastic fit for this useless piece of garbage.

blah blah blah......change the record already.

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, stawns said:

there you go, he's almost surely on the roster in some capacity.

Or a fit as in a trade partner? I can't really see Loui beyond a 4th line role with Goldy signed today, if Baertschi is healthy and then we got guys like Motte and Leivo. Even 4th line is questionable.

If he shows up and out performs others than in all for it. I just don't see it. If he does play this year I hope this thread can shut down and we can support our team and all of its players.

Ferland    Petterson  Boeser

Baerschi    Horvat     Pearson

Goldobolin   Miller    Virtanan

Motte        Beagle     Sutter

Leivo

Way I see it Baer or Pearson gotta get shipped before Rousell is back. Goldy could be sent down or traded if he doesn't pan out but still not sure where Loui fits once Rousell returns.

Without Goldy

Ferland.   Petterson.  Boeser

Baertschi   Horvat      Miller

Pearson      Sutter      Virtanan

Motte         Beagle      Eriksson

Leivo

Edited by KanNuck

10 hours ago, KanNuck said:

Or a fit as in a trade partner? I can't really see Loui beyond a 4th line role with Goldy signed today, if Baertschi is healthy and then we got guys like Motte and Leivo. Even 4th line is questionable.

If he shows up and out performs others than in all for it. I just don't see it. If he does play this year I hope this thread can shut down and we can support our team and all of its players.

Leivo

Way I see it Baer or Pearson gotta get shipped before Rousell is back. Goldy could be sent down or traded if he doesn't pan out but still not sure where Loui fits once Rousell returns.

Without Goldy

Leivo

Ericksson is not the only guy on the bubble and there are several players who will be playing for jobs come training camp. Leivo, Motte, Baertchi are not shoe-ins by any stretch of the imagination and yes things get even more interesting once Roussel returns. This is not even taking into consideration the prospects playing themselves onto the team too. There are a lot of ? marks at this point.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, KanNuck said:

Leivo

Without Goldy

Leivo

I'm thinking that Benning would prefer to keep Baertschi and Pearson over Eriksson. I can't see them moving out far more useful players because they can't deal with Eriksson.

Wonder what ever happened to. 

I know now it was just a rumor or theory of Canucks Ducks swapping Loui for Ryan K contracts.

Ducks need an active player on roster and Canucks need Cap room. Ryan will never play again and his contract doesn’t count against the cap. 

Its sounded like an ideal trade situation in theory.

all and all I guess it was just a rumored trade prediction, with no weight too it.

5 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

I know now it was just a rumor or theory of Canucks Ducks swapping Loui for Ryan K contracts.

Ducks need an active player on roster and Canucks need Cap room. Ryan will never play again and his contract doesn’t count against the cap. 

all and all I guess it was just a rumored trade prediction, with no weight too it.

Dunno if I'd wanna risk that.  Bo's wife's a knockout.

• Haha 2

As much as I don’t think Aqualini will be happy with a $ 6 million contract in the minors, I can also see them not wanting to waive Goldobin or Motte right out of the gate because there is a chance one of them gets picked up.

Better to send Eriksson down, and see if he has the fortitude to actually report and stay there.

That gives a month or two for Baertschi and Goldobin to show some stuff and possibly garner a return when Roussel is ready to come back and other teams may need some players to cover injuries or they have sent some kids back to the minors after their 9 game looks and have a roster spot open.

Edited by Provost
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Provost said:

As much as I don’t think Aqualini will be happy with a $ 6 million contract in the minors, I can also see them not wanting to waive Goldobin or Motte right out of the gate because there is a chance one of them gets picked up.

Better to send Eriksson down, and see if he has the fortitude to actually report and stay there.

That gives a month or two for Baertschi and Goldobin to show some stuff and possibly garner a return when Roussel is ready to come back and other teams may need some players to cover injuries or they have sent some kids back to the minors after their 9 game looks and have a roster spot open.

Excellent point.  As soon as Loui pulls the pin on Utica the Canucks can pull the pin on Loui’s contact.  That’s 6 Schmil off the cap.  

10 minutes ago, Provost said:

I imagine training camp will dictate what moves will be made and the good thing is that the team has options and that a good player might get picked up on waivers. This means we finally have depth in the line up.

4 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

Not rumour.  Just a suggestion by a media guy.

Anaheim is not looking for a veteran - they have plenty already.  They also bought out Perry to create a roster spot.  They are rebuilding and want to play their prospects.  Eakins was coaching their AHL team and they expect that he brings up several of their prospects with him.   

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Provost said:

Ericksson will clear waivers before any of our other bubble players, Motte, Lievo or Goldy.