The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Lightning trade J.T. Miller to Canucks for Marek Mazanec, 2019 3rd-round pick, 2020 conditional 1st-round pick

3 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

No, I'm saying it to you, because finishing your posts with "lol" is something that a troll does. 

Im having a hard time understanding how anyone could think this was a good value trade. Great player, good addition,  brutal price . How can anyone really suggest jb negotiated well here ? Its laughable , hence the LOL

Edited by cuporbust
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, cuporbust said:

Im having a hard time understanding how anyone could think this was a good value trade. Great player, good addition,  brutal price . How can anyone really suggest jb negotiated well here ? Its laughable , hence the LOL

So you are trolling. Good to know. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

considering the Lightning are in no position of power to negotiate as Miller will have his modified NTC kick in july 1st further reducing tampa bay's ability to trade him.. they were pretty desperate to move him before july 1st.. there was no rush to trade for him and i feel we could have gotten him without the 1st as it gets closer to july 1st.. so in that sense i don't feel this is a trade of value.. it's a good trade in terms of getting a good player.. but it's a horrible trade considering what we gave up to a team that have no leverage due to their cap situation and miller's NTC about to kick in.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Losing With Pride said:

You know we will be eating a hefty recapture penalty for Luongo's contract soon.

Giving up a first, that could potentially be a lottery pick in 2021 is a big no no.  If both years were protected, I wouldn't feel as sh*tty.

Exactly. Add that to the fact that significant injuries happen and that after his second time lost to injury in the last twenty games or so, Pettersson’s production fell off a cliff. The Canucks are one of the thinnest teams in the league when it comes to talent, we perennially play the worst schedule in the league and are perennially among the teams most affected by injury. Evidence of being thin on talent is the fact that we have so few significant assets available for trade. Add to that the fact that you have a lame GM on an expiring contract, and you have a perfect storm of how teams end up trading away the highest pick possible and how other loaded teams are able to gather up other team’s high lottery picks while the GM is desperate to win now. This looks like the same meddling owner in the last days of Mike Gillis as he sat looking over Benning’s shoulder at the draft table.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Generational.EP40 said:

But yea &^@# this has gone on for a while.

I just want you guys to know we’re on the same team so I hope we make the playoffs for the sake of this trade/our team. I’m just really sketched out with what could happen with the pick which is a real possibility of happening. 

Love you all. @oldnews & @canuck73_3 included !

Hey - it's natural to be taken back whenever you hear something like your team just dealt a 1st round pick. 

Thanks for the kind words -  we're all on the same team in a sense, in spite of all the differences of opinion and the trash talk.

I try to keep a few things in mind - to not make assumptions, and to not take things personally - so I imagine you're probably a great person with a bright future - and I don't take this stuff personally, so I rarely if ever take offense to anything.  It's all in good fun with a lot of noise thrown in.

It would be boring as hell if there weren't lots of different perspectives.

Anyhow - it's fun sparring with you.    I hope your team wins in the end (the Canucks that is - Boston and Toronto can gft lol)

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Im having a hard time understanding how anyone could think this was a good value trade. Great player, good addition,  brutal price . How can anyone really suggest jb negotiated well here ? 

I think most are calling it "fair" value. Considering Tampa may have to wait two years for the primary return makes it a pretty decent deal. Were it this years first I wouldn't like the deal at all. But the fact they have to wait, and the odds are it'll be a bottom half first rounder they're waiting for, I don't mind this deal at all. 

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Idk Alf, if you disagree with something or someone you’re considered a troll on here.

Trolls are kind of cute.  It’s gnomes I don’t like!  Little pests.  Pee on the little bastards every chance I get!  :lol:

• Haha 1