The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Aug. 12, 2020 | Canucks lead series 1-0

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

got to believe that the team that beat bruins 9-3 is the real deal beating blues tonight. Wandering what green has done to jake virtanen  he skates makes a few plays but doesnt hit anymore and looks like a deer in headlights most games  i wish  blues would hit the kid hard to wake him up.  Love the win but sad because im on team jake always rooting for the guy maybe he will need a trade to figure it out 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

Canucks big guns are showing up ever since a no show in game 1 of the play in series.

At some point, need the bottom six forwards to start chipping in some offense to take some pressure off.  I look at MacEwen, Virtanen, and Eriksson to bring a little something.

• Thanks 1

I posted some critter yelling after our first two goals and they scored right after, so I didn't post after we went ahead. I'm not superstitious; I just didn't post, switched my socks from one foot to the other, and turned my shorts inside out for the heck of it!!!

Any way I'm posting about it now.

Some rat soldier from the Blues outfit tries to shakedown Tony Stretcher; known member of the Canucks outfit.    Fuggedaboutit.

2 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

They have been in the bubble for weeks, there is no internal clock issue for any team.

That's an underlying elimination of a disadvantage  - for a team that otherwise would have had to travel back and forth to Minnesota last series- and then to Missouri this series - if these were usual circumstances.  It's gotta be nice for the west coast teams that do not have to endure the regular travel grind.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

6 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

So many butthurt people on twitter calling for them to remove it.

I criticized the trade harshly, yet accepted I was wrong & take no offense too it. Some people need to get over themselves. 

?  Not sure I follow.  people asking for what to be removed by whom?  who needs to get over themselves?

3 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

Jake was the only disappointment tonight. Does he not understand the opportunity that is basically gifted to him due to injuries? No way he’s in the lineup if TT73 or Ferkland are healthy. So underwhelming tonight. Probably the most lacklustre effort in his career thus far. 

No, he doesn't.  He has been doing this since he started here. The kid will probably never consistently put it all together. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, bobbyg43 said:

Guys just remember the time zone difference. Blues in Oiler time zone not eastern time zone . This was a late late game for the blues. We do have on our side a offset against bad refs an penalties. We survive onslaught refs give them . They will be a more despondent team a give in to there sleep clicks.

i don’t think NHL will give us to many of these gifts. Point of note We have been very successful against Binington hopefully Blues ride him in series. We played them according to script. Our team has abundant character an talent . We can beat them. This was evident at times on there tentative play. Our D will continue to improve as series goes. I don’t think NHL will try to many late games on schedule . 

they have had a ton of time too adjust too jet leg, everything is even, right now?

EDIT: There central not eastern.

Edited by TNucks1

5 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

Jake was the only disappointment tonight. Does he not understand the opportunity that is basically gifted to him due to injuries? No way he’s in the lineup if TT73 or Ferkland are healthy. So underwhelming tonight. Probably the most lacklustre effort in his career thus far. 

I'm not sure I agree.  

That line was outstanding imo.   Sutter may have been extremely visible - all over the ice - and Roussel stirring up his share of attention and drama - but if Jake were as bad as a few of you are suggesting, I'm not sure that shutdown line - particularly handling an extra share of the hard minutes - with Beagle on the limp - has such a solid game.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

?  Not sure I follow.  people asking for what to be removed by whom?  who needs to get over themselves?

Sorry edited my post. The Canucks twitter account posted that clip on Twitter after the game. (LOL)

Bunch of people got pissed at them for 'dunking on their fans' (Filipovic is a fan?) - because they shared those criticisms I assume.

• Cheers 3

Hell of a game by the Canucks, they look amped for this playoffs. I always said during the regular season that this team was built for playoff success rather than regular season success and now we're seeing it with big bodies up front, big strong experienced defencemen, a hot hoalie and hot PP.

This series is going to be decided by the little things like faceoffs, PP and goaltending, and tonight the Canucks won those matchups. We've got to be careful with Binnington and Allen who can come in and steal games but so far so good, and on the powerplay we really made them pay. As long as St. Louis continue their undisciplined play we'll keep winning.

Ironically in 2011 this is how we went so deep - calm and composed team who never retaliated and the Sedins would put it away on the powerplay. Now it seems like our PP is much more balanced, we have even more threats than in 2011 and we can also retaliate when required.

Of course everyone had a solid game but I'd single out Bo for sure, that dangle and goal sealed the game for us and his confidence is at an all time high now. This guy was built for the playoffs and you can just see him controlling the game. It's going to be hard for teams to defend both our top lines but we're seeing a Nashville-esque Kesler come to play in this series in Horvat so should be fun to watch. 

If we can take the next game by surprise as well then the Blues will really be reeling. Sure, no home ice advantage but the line matchups would work in our favour for games 3 and 4 in a big way against this team who's bottom 3 defencemen aren't too solid.