The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[report]desjardins coming to vancity for interview this weekend!

Kinda get the feeling Desjardins is the guy who was wanted all along for this gig. Stevens hasn't even been contacted yet and it's been days since the cup was won. How long did Benning wait for this one? 3 hours or so, lol. Just like Trevor did with Benning, he and Benning are doing with Willie. He's the new coach. Book it!!!

Hopefully he doesn't get a more inticing offer like from Pittsburgh or heck even Florida. If I was a coach that was good with young prospects I'd much rather work with Florida or Carolina. Their prospects have far more potential than ours. On the flip-side, he could jump straight into a Cup contender with Pittsburgh and become the next Bylsma, winning a Cup straight into the NHL.

Here's hoping Florida announce their coach soon and Pittsburgh take Stevens or Crawford quickly.

@IanEsplen: Willie Dejardins to be in Vancouver this weekend to speak with the #Canucks about their head coaching job. Canucks want deal done next week

I really hope it happens based on what is said about him! Quick work benning nicely played!

Chickenman92 says this you say. Hope he gets the gig

Developing forwards in the AHL such as Chiasson, Smith, Fraser, Eakin, Jordie Benn, Dillon, Joe Morrow, Roussel, Sceviour, who have played in the NHL.

Currently developing forwards: Radek Faksa, Oleksiak, Ritchie, Gaunce in Texas.

I think he has a pretty good record of developing players and winning. Calder Cup, developing current NHLers. I would enjoy him on this team.

jordie benn, brendan dillon, joe morrow and cameron gaunce are all defencemen.

Heard from two different sources (Macintyre - Sun, MacKenzie - TSN) That Stevens is leaning towards staying in LA regardless of who comes calling. Rumor has it (Macintyre - Sun) that Sutter is ready to step down after this cup win and let Stevens take over. At the very least, Stevens might want to stay in LA for another cup win regardless of whether he is head coach or an Assistant.

:)

Heard from two different sources (Macintyre - Sun, MacKenzie - TSN) That Stevens is leaning towards staying in LA regardless of who comes calling. Rumor has it (Macintyre - Sun) that Sutter is ready to step down after this cup win and let Stevens take over. At the very least, Stevens might want to stay in LA for another cup win regardless of whether he is head coach or an Assistant.

:)

Sutter was asked in this interview whether he would be coming back to Kings, and he seems to confirm it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OA7Cq4t8VQ#t=8m36

Developing forwards in the AHL such as Chiasson, Smith, Fraser, Eakin, Jordie Benn, Dillon, Joe Morrow, Roussel, Sceviour, who have played in the NHL.

Currently developing forwards: Radek Faksa, Oleksiak, Ritchie, Gaunce in Texas.

I think he has a pretty good record of developing players and winning. Calder Cup, developing current NHLers. I would enjoy him on this team.

Vancouver could have had Roussel a couple of years back when he played in Chicago AHL. The type of in your face player who Van could have used on the 3rd or 4th line. How he got away is a mystery to me. I

have never heard an explanation. I assume something to do with Chicago ownership. Hopefully that could

never happen again with Utica.

I like the WD choice. A fresh approach to the NHL. Van his headed for a period of younger players who he can work with. Hopefully TL and JB can deflect a lot of the media and fan expectations away from the coach as he builds something here.

It seems as if WD was the guy they wanted from the start.. Everyone else is just a dog and pony show for the media. I like the choice and hope it gets done next week so he can get into the office and start getting ready for the draft. His development with younger players should be considered when picking players in the draft and getting the right guys for the organization and way they are headed.

It seems as if WD was the guy they wanted from the start.. Everyone else is just a dog and pony show for the media. I like the choice and hope it gets done next week so he can get into the office and start getting ready for the draft. His development with younger players should be considered when picking players in the draft and getting the right guys for the organization and way they are headed.

agreed

@IanEsplen: Willie Dejardins to be in Vancouver this weekend to speak with the #Canucks about their head coaching job. Canucks want deal done next week

I really hope it happens based on what is said about him! Quick work benning nicely played!

just curious why you felt the need to start another thread instead of adding this to one of the other Willie Desjardins threads.

Pens' Rutherford to interview AHL's Desjardins

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/6305089-74/coach-rutherford-penguins

Another potential candidate has emerged in thePenguins' search for a new head coach.

Willie Desjardins, who guided the Texas Stars to the AHL championship on Tuesday night, is a target to be interviewed for the Penguins' vacancy, multiple team and league sources told the Tribune-Review.

The sources also said Carolina assistant coach Rod Brind'Amour is being sought to join the Penguins' organization in some capacity, but not as head coach. Brind'Amour also is a player development coach with the Hurricanes. He was the captain of Carolina's 2006 Stanley Cup squad.

Aside from Desjardins, Penguins general manager Jim Rutherford has completed interviews with all of his candidates, the sources said. The other candidates include: former NHL coaches Ron Wilson and Marc Crawford; current league assistants Ulf Samuelsson (New York Rangers) and Bill Peters (Detroit); and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton coach John Hynes.

The Penguins had identified Los Angeles assistant and former Philadelphia coach John Stevens as a candidate. However, the Kings have not provided permission for Stevens to interviews, the sources said.

Pens' Rutherford to interview AHL's Desjardins

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/6305089-74/coach-rutherford-penguins

Another potential candidate has emerged in thePenguins' search for a new head coach.

Willie Desjardins, who guided the Texas Stars to the AHL championship on Tuesday night, is a target to be interviewed for the Penguins' vacancy, multiple team and league sources told the Tribune-Review.

The sources also said Carolina assistant coach Rod Brind'Amour is being sought to join the Penguins' organization in some capacity, but not as head coach. Brind'Amour also is a player development coach with the Hurricanes. He was the captain of Carolina's 2006 Stanley Cup squad.

Aside from Desjardins, Penguins general manager Jim Rutherford has completed interviews with all of his candidates, the sources said. The other candidates include: former NHL coaches Ron Wilson and Marc Crawford; current league assistants Ulf Samuelsson (New York Rangers) and Bill Peters (Detroit); and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton coach John Hynes.

The Penguins had identified Los Angeles assistant and former Philadelphia coach John Stevens as a candidate. However, the Kings have not provided permission for Stevens to interviews, the sources said.

Penguins better not pull a fast one, Get it done JB!

Archived