The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

3 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

and it's a win win situation, if we make the playoffs nice, but if not then we can potentially add Dahlin to our prospect pool B)

there are a few d I would love to see us aquire out of this draft dahlin would be sick but I got no faith in us winning a draft lottery but I do have faith in benning wherever he selects 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

In terms of production.

Where does the Hockey Gaud rank for his age in NCAA averaging??

Is his production above average for draft +2 or ?

He's currently tied for 3rd most points in the country and the top 5 all look to be around his age. 

Link

I would imagine being at the top of that league in scoring would be above average, regardless. 

20 minutes ago, Canorth said:

He's currently tied for 3rd most points in the country and the top 5 all look to be around his age. 

Link

I would imagine being at the top of that league in scoring would be above average, regardless. 

Sorry I should have written that better.

In terms of BCAA historically and for general NHL success

How do his draft+2 point totals look

14 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Yeah, just more reason why he's basically going to walk onto this team in a few months -- this year he's even further-improved his 200' game.  Much more than just an offensive threat, he'll be able to play anywhere in the lineup and in all situations.

• Upvote 1

IMO he is the most intriguing prospect we have among some very good prospects. I have watched a few of his games and he is literally good at everything at the NCAA level. The most impressive part of his game is dogged pursuit of the puck. He never stops from the time he gets on the ice til the time he leaves. He has a good shot and nice instincts. The best part is that they play him in all situations and when he gets here he will have had three years of solid development. Does this mean he fits in as a really good future 3rd line centre? Can his skill make him a 2nd line centre? No one really knows. The fact that he was a 5th round draft pick makes him all the more intriguing. Maybe Gaudette is our diamond in the rough.

• Cheers 1

Isn't his linemate, Sikura, also in the top-5 for NCAA scoring? I think that should be taken into account when projecting Gaudette's production in the future. 

Not that he's simply feeding off of him, but playing with another elite NCAA player would net him some extra points. 

5 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Isn't his linemate, Sikura, also in the top-5 for NCAA scoring? I think that should be taken into account when projecting Gaudette's production in the future. 

Not that he's simply feeding off of him, but playing with another elite NCAA player would net him some extra points. 

Just don’t play him with two plugs and expect results. Like two years ago when people were crying about Virtanen not getting points in the NHL and he’s on the 4th line playing 7 minutes a game in defensive situations. As far as playing with Sikura it seems everybody in the top of that college list has somebody decent alongside them. On that list Gaudette ranks 4th and the guys at 2nd and 3rd are on the same team so I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

I think it also bears mentioning that Gaudette is younger than Sikura.  Has trailed him in points in previous years but leads him this year.  

I think it also bears mentioning that Anton-Reese, who was given credit by most as the play driver with those two last year is in the ahl at 5 points in 11 gp.  

Was the larger and younger Gaudette the defensive conscience and actual play driver of that line last year while trailing those two in points?  Is Gaudette going to be better than the older Sikura and Anton-Reese in the long run?  He would have to be defined as better if he can jump to the NHL and be competitive next year wouldn't he?  

Interesting how cdc current expectations seem to be higher than his linemates seems to be.  

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

And Aston-Reese was their linemate last year http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?year0=2017&status=stats&team=1465

These guys make each other better and at the next level he'll have other good players to play with. He is a driver of play and all you have to do is watch him play to know that his game will translate to the pro level.

37 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

For what it is worth I dont think Sikura played the last two games, and maybe more, and Gaudette continued his good numbers.

• Cheers 2

54 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Sikura only had 5 more points than Gaudette last season and this year Gaudette has more points. Sikura's been injured the past 2 games, and Gaudette had 4 points without him.

Edited by Odd.

4 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

One post about something that's not even negative, just pointing out something that gets overlooked, got 5 replies in like 40 minutes :lol:

Thanks though guys. You brought up some good information. 

Also Brock played with some pretty dam good linemates and he seems to be doing quite well in the NHL. 

• Upvote 1