The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

He'll likely sign.  The fact is, despite a very small number of higher profile NCAA guys opting for UFA status, that MOST drafted NCAA players that end up in the NHL do in fact sign with their draft club.  I'm not worried whatsoever about Gaudette not signing here. 

The 'not signing' talk had to start sooner or later. I think Gaudette signs this spring because NHL money is a nice lure, ask Boeser. Canucks are now Team USA North. More than anything else he signs with Vancouver because the team is weak enough that his making the roster is much better. Boeser can tune him in on how to complete his last year just as he is doing. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

The 'not signing' talk had to start sooner or later. I think Gaudette signs this spring because NHL money is a nice lure, ask Boeser. Canucks are now Team USA North. More than anything else he signs with Vancouver because the team is weak enough that his making the roster is much better. Boeser can tune him in on how to complete his last year just as he is doing. 

You'd have to think Boeser's successful, seamless transition serves as a pretty motivating push, in itself. If so, college FA's may see Demko, BB & Gaudette as a nice young cast to sign up with. Potential for rebuild-momentum here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

He'll likely sign.  The fact is, despite a very small number of higher profile NCAA guys opting for UFA status, that MOST drafted NCAA players that end up in the NHL do in fact sign with their draft club.  I'm not worried whatsoever about Gaudette not signing here. 

With the success of a guy like Boeser, I think he'd be crazy to not see the opportunity here.

No longer should there be the stigma that young guys don't get a chance here.

With Gaudette's energy and two-way ability, he should be a favourite of Green's.

• Upvote 2

Gaudette is looking at our Centre depth and rubbing his hands together with a Doctor Evil laugh... Mwahahahaha... Mwahahahaha... 

The guy seems like a class act, team player king of guy too. I can't wait to see him at the end of the season, because I bet we'll see him like BB last year. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Fanuck said:

He has a much better chance of playing right away in the show here than on almost any other team - if he waits a year, a couple of Swedes may also be looking for that job.

1 minute ago, Ray_Cathode said:

He has a much better chance of playing right away in the show here than on almost any other team - if he waits a year, a couple of Swedes may also be looking for that job.

Signing early this spring, and playing some late season games burns a full year off his ELC too.  That’s a big lure too. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

You'd have to think Boeser's successful, seamless transition serves as a pretty motivating push, in itself. If so, college FA's may see Demko, BB & Gaudette as a nice young cast to sign up with. Potential for rebuild-momentum here.

What he'll also see is that Boeser got the chance to play in a position to succeed.

I worry because I am a worry wart....

That being said....there is a lot of risk not signing...

First off...........first contract players always have a cap

There is the risk of injury playing another year without a contract

There is the risk of having a poor season before signing......it happens

Plus most agents will recommend signing...........

But there is always a chance........

7 hours ago, Jester13 said:

Gaudette is looking at our Centre depth and rubbing his hands together with a Doctor Evil laugh... Mwahahahaha... Mwahahahaha... 

The guy seems like a class act, team player king of guy too. I can't wait to see him at the end of the season, because I bet we'll see him like BB last year. 

Agreed excited to see this kid make the jump. I love his competitive edge he brings.. seems like one of those that really doesn't like to lose ala Kes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

I remember hearing Gaudette rave about how Vancouver is one of his favourite places away from home. All signs point to him signing which is great. Still I think a Boeser treatment just to make sure he does sign is the play here from Vancouver management.

Definitely bring him in at the end of the season to burn a year off his ELC I wanna see what he can do. His shot the way he pulls and pushes the puck around defenders looks like he went to the same schools as Boeser of something. 

His shot looks big league to me. 

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

I worry because I am a worry wart....

That being said....there is a lot of risk not signing...

First off...........first contract players always have a cap

There is the risk of injury playing another year without a contract

There is the risk of having a poor season before signing......it happens

Plus most agents will recommend signing...........

But there is always a chance........

He has a huge opportunity to just waltz up the depth chart here. 

Sutter

Gagner 

Dowd

He should be licking his chops. 

• Cheers 2

43 minutes ago, guntrix said:

No reason to think an NCAA top scorer can't slot into our line-up next year. If anything, the NCAA is proving to be a good springboard league into the NHL as of late.

Depending on how polished their game is for sure.

A guy like Vesey managed to make the jump and have success right away. Others like Aston-Reese have struggled a bit despite having really good numbers for Northeastern in his final year.

It's hard to say who will have success and who wont. I think it just comes down to character and how hard a players willing to work and listen to his coaches.

Edited by DeNiro

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Depending on how polished their game is for sure.

A guy like Vesey managed to make the jump and have success right away. Others like Aston-Reese have struggled a bit despite having really good numbers for Northeastern in his final year.

It's hard to say who will have success and who wont. I think it just comes down to character and how hard a players willing to work and listen to his coaches.

Aston-Reese struggled? He was placed in the A and notched 8 points in 10 games last year. 19 points in 32 games this year isn't that bad either.

I'm sure ZAR could've easily slotted into most other line-ups, including ours.

From what I can remember, there was an article in the province in the summer where it said Gaudette and Boeser had a really good relationship with one another.  Would think Adam will be drawn to play with a good friend and superstar Brock Boeser.

But it does worry me a bit though that he could possibly pull a Vesey on us.  But im going to stay optimistic and believe that he will sign with us.

27 minutes ago, guntrix said:

Aston-Reese struggled? He was placed in the A and notched 8 points in 10 games last year. 19 points in 32 games this year isn't that bad either.

I'm sure ZAR could've easily slotted into most other line-ups, including ours.

19 in 32 in the HAL is struggling yes. Especially for a player his age that put up great point totals in college.

We're talking about making the jump straight from college. Aston-Reese was not able to because he had holes in his game. Doubtful any coach would have given him a top 9 role with those flaws. Easily slotted in? No.