The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

3 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Best to worst

Schmidt

Myers ( i have to admit, he's playing well overall, and Im a Myers hater)

Benn (most nights he's not noticeable which is a good thing)

Hughes - the points are nice but geezus his decision making has been so so. Teams are just playing him hard and keying on him. He'll get better

Harmonic - his first game or 2 before he got injured he was terrible, looks pretty solid since hes gotten back

Edler - probably the worst of the bunch. Slow as molasses, can still make the first pass but holy crap is he slow. You already know if a guy has a head of steam, Edler is going to get beaten

I'd take Edler out of the lineup, I know it wont happen but if you were to gauge whos been the worst one and who should be taken out, it should be Edler and put Juolevi in his place. Im just going by performance defensively since they are DEFENCEMEN after all, key word Defence

Benn had a rough night last night. I actually rank Hamonic-Meyers-Hughes-Schmidt-Edler-Benn. IMHO Green should be rotating Edler-Benn-Joulevi thru the remaining games. Edler isn't that bad but a rest now and then doesn't hurt. 

I don't know how Hughes is being coached but any player who stays out for a full PP gets benched IMO. Hughes is doing this on and off the PP. He should be reined in. It is the type of thing that eats away at team morale. Kinda shocked that it hasn't been dealt with. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We're dying of scurvy and could use a glass of OJ right about now.

So true.  Why are the Canucks not using their young guns and giving them some playing experience.  This team is not going anywhere this season.  I just don't get it.  Sit Benn, Myers or even Edler for a game and let OJ play.  At least he has some speed to get back into his own end.  When Benn pinches and fails he is done.  Might as well skate to the bench and let the next guy jump on.  

Time to see what the potential future holds for this team.  If they don't pan out then you can trade them, cut them or send them down.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2021 at 11:06 AM, aGENT said:

I came for the constant torrent of panicky overreacting.

Come for the panicky over-reacting, stay for the fire the equipment manager (or employee of the week) pronouncements. 

But I digress:

I am really starving for some Olli Joulevi in the lineup!

More SISU please!

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Cheers 1

Funny how Benn has looked bad ever since parting with QH and moving over to the left side with Myers. Whereas OJ looked good in that spot. Don't know what that says but it says something, about Benn or about OJ or maybe both.

1 hour ago, J-P said:

Funny how Benn has looked bad ever since parting with QH and moving over to the left side with Myers. Whereas OJ looked good in that spot. Don't know what that says but it says something, about Benn or about OJ or maybe both.

Or maybe Green  ::D

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Or maybe Green  ::D

I try and ignore Green but some of these line up choices are dumb. We need to develop OJ who has IMHO looked better than Benn, and OJ sits?

Michaelis not getting the Jake Virtanen treatment? Roussel not getting the Jake Virtanen treatment? His Jake Virtanen treatment is sometimes ddeserved for Jake but it should be shared with Roussel and Michaelis. Benn is okay but OJ is looking like a modern day Jiri Bubla.

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I try and ignore Green but some of these line up choices are dumb. We need to develop OJ who has IMHO looked better than Benn, and OJ sits?

Michaelis not getting the Jake Virtanen treatment? Roussel not getting the Jake Virtanen treatment? His Jake Virtanen treatment is sometimes ddeserved for Jake but it should be shared with Roussel and Michaelis. Benn is okay but OJ is looking like a modern day Jiri Bubla.

Frankly I don't see any modern day Jiri Bubla on this roster ..... since ... Bubla played here. A bull of a defender who had defensive skills beyond modern understanding. He never or rarely was confronted but if you came down his side or in his corner there was a dreadful price to pay  .do you see any one fit those credentials. By the way please watch for this in Juolevi skill set ... he can't or has difficulty pivoting to his left, he can be beaten down the boards, he has to clean that up before he' a regular in  the NHL. It might be related to his past injuries ? In the future skating may be Rathbones ace card when comparing the two

Edited by Fred65

6 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Frankly I don't see any modern day Jiri Bubla on this roster ..... since ... Bubla played here. A bull of a defender who had defensive skills beyond modern understanding. He never or rarely was confronted but if you came down his side or in his corner there was a dreadful price to pay  .do you see any one fit those credentials. By the way please watch for this in Juolevi skill set ... he can't or has difficulty pivoting to his left, he can be beaten down the boards, he has to clean that up before he' a regular in  the NHL. It might be related to his past injuries ? In the future skating may be Rathbones ace card when comparing the two

Hmm I'll watch for that pivot , but that hit on Tkachk was a beauty and I think with the right coaching they can bring that out more. I'd like to see OJ put on another 15 lbs of muscle and see him play at 215-220. His hockey IQ is what helps him get those hits I think.

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Benn had a rough night last night. I actually rank Hamonic-Meyers-Hughes-Schmidt-Edler-Benn. IMHO Green should be rotating Edler-Benn-Joulevi thru the remaining games. Edler isn't that bad but a rest now and then doesn't hurt. 

I don't know how Hughes is being coached but any player who stays out for a full PP gets benched IMO. Hughes is doing this on and off the PP. He should be reined in. It is the type of thing that eats away at team morale. Kinda shocked that it hasn't been dealt with. 

Just going to throw it out there. Hughes was probably told to double shift...

Also, LMAO at that depth chart

2 hours ago, 4petesake said:

4DB54A01-B013-48B4-8BB8-01738B44A798.jpeg

I'm sorry, but Baumer/Green have to go. Benning too if he thinks they're the most competent coaches out there, which is TOTALLY false. There's always new blood out there, particularly ones who require a new place to shine, and have a pedigree and/or achievements to coach.

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I'm sorry, but Baumer/Green have to go. Benning too if he thinks they're the most competent coaches out there, which is TOTALLY false. There's always new blood out there, particularly ones who require a new place to shine, and have a pedigree and/or achievements to coach.

F7E4372A-F1F2-48DB-8BDA-485345CB55AB.jpeg

• Haha 2