The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Reid Boucher | LW/RW

Salmonberries

17 minutes ago, Butters Stoch said:

So insignificant that he couldn't even get his own waivers thread

It's a shame really, but dudes head just seems to not be where it needs to be to be an NHL player. He still looked slow and out of shape at camp even after the team had brought up that he needed to improve in those areas multiple times. What a lazy little bugger.

It's disappointing too, what a waste of a wrist-shot.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, BananaMash said:

It's a shame really, but dudes head just seems to not be where it needs to be to be an NHL player. He still looked slow and out of shape at camp even after the team had brought up that he needed to improve in those areas multiple times. What a lazy little bugger.

Having flashbacks of Kyle Wellwood

2 hours ago, BananaMash said:

So he's Wellwood without the motivation? 

It's not too surprising that Boucher has been waived given the signings this summer and the performance of Boeser and Virtanen this preseason.

It's too bad that Boucher wasn't able to come to camp and demonstrate improvement in his game.  I enjoyed his little run near the end of last year and I was hoping to see him improve this preseason.  Except for Boucher's shot, he just doesn't fit the team very well:  he doesn't place pressure on opposing D with his speed, he's not a physical player, and he has not shown an ability to consistently create chances for himself and his linemates at the NHL level.

I think the Canucks have treated Boucher fairly with his 1-way contract.  Waivers guarantee that he gets a chance at another NHL team.  If Boucher gets passed over in the waivers process, he will have to work hard in Utica to be a call-up option but he will get paid an NHL salary.  I think Boucher has shown enough at the AHL level to be an important player for the Comets so hopefully he will have a good impact on our prospects and will also perform well to either earn a call up or a trade to another team.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

It's too bad that Boucher wasn't able to come to camp and demonstrate improvement in his game.  I enjoyed his little run near the end of last year and I was hoping to see him improve this preseason.  Except for Boucher's shot, he just doesn't fit the team very well:  he doesn't place pressure on opposing D with his speed, he's not a physical player, and he has not shown an ability to consistently create chances for himself and his linemates at the NHL level.er fairly with his 1-way contract.  Waivers guarantee that he gets a chance at another NHL team.  If Boucher gets passed over in the waivers process, he will have to work hard in Utica to be a call-up option but he will get paid an NHL salary.  I think Boucher has shown enough at the AHL level to be an important player for the Comets so hopefully he will have a good impact on our prospects and will also perform well to either earn a call up or a trade to another team.

Yup, Boucher is still living the dream as a pro athlete while we slave away in our cubicles 8-9 hrs a day working for peanuts...  Doing a little dance whenever the manager drops by our cubicle to boss us around...

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

He's a pretty nice option to be able to recall in the event of injuries.  I doubt he fits into the long-term plans of the franchise but I don't mind him at all as a guy who can be called up and not embarrass himself playing with offensive players.

True, as a talented underachiever he's still a good top 6 depth piece.  Will still push/complement guys due to his natural skill level.