The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Larsen experiment has failed: Bring back the Bulldog

*Buzzsaw*

Don't get your hopes up that we are trading a d-man.

Edler- NTC, and playing horribly.

Gud- Injured.

Tanev- Just got back from injury a few games ago. 

Larsen- useless, waiver wire fodder.

Hutton- Close to returning, but suffering sophomore jinx.

Tryamkin- Solid, but still learning

Sbisa- Probably his best season as a Canuck.

Stetcher- Mighty mite, creates chances, makes mistakes, but always working his tail off. 

So who would want any of our d-men? Unless Vancouver gets a great deal for Sbisa, I don't see it. I doubt even if Edler were to move, we'd get more than a 2nd rounder for him. Now that we have Hansen back, Megna is not playing. Once we get Hutton back, dump Larsen. Preferably on waivers. 

5 minutes ago, bobbyg43 said:

What a joke? Show casing Larson for TDL he is a glaring error.I hate to say it JB he was a waste of time an space as a pick up .

Seems like JB an co are purposely trying to tank this year.

I was thinking the same thing. Who in their right mind would play this guy? Any fool could see Biega is miles better then this guy. The same happened with Weber last year. I wouldn't put this guy on my AHL team never mind the NHL.

Benning and Co. are not dumb so there has got to be an alterior motive. Something fishy here.

2 minutes ago, The Big Luongo said:

The Desjardins experiment has failed too.

What i can't believe is how a coach puts a useless player like Larsen in the lineup after having more than enough to time to evaluate how terrible he is hurting the team every game!

Benning fire this fool!

Also when he is not rewarding Bo for his great play by putting him on the #1 PP or putting Larsen on a line with Tryamkin is really not helping their development. I remember the management team preaching those playing well will be rewarded. Really? Not really seeing that in any shape or form lately.

5 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Also when he is not rewarding Bo for his great play by putting him on the #1 PP or putting Larsen on a line with Tryamkin is really not helping their development. I remember the management team preaching those playing well will be rewarded. Really? Not really seeing that in any shape or form lately.

I agree again last night the Sedins were a non factor in helping the team and although I didn't see the short handed goal your top unit needs a goal there definitely not to get scored on in a pivotal game.

I'd rather see us stack a line Horvat Sutter and Baertschi or Hansen on the 1st unit or even late in a game to get a tying goal.

Larsen is all over the map wondering everywhere it'd be impossible to play good defensively with the guy. Tryamkin looks like he feels he's the only guy back basically.

2 minutes ago, Stelar said:

I remember before the all star break when everyone was so excited about a wild card spot.  I said we were 2-3 loses away from everyone calling Benning, WD and Linden failures.  Funny what 2-3 loses will do eh.....

Don't really care where they are in the standings. This team can be much better when managed properly and might even be a tad entertaining. Playing the same old boring PP, not changing things up with the Twins and playing Larsen over basically ANY other D man in the minors, spells ineffective boring hockey.

This is the Era of Cap Salary so most teams are pretty evenly matched and the standings vary from week to week on a consistent basis anyway.

Larsen has definitely disappointed but he isn't the problem.  The problem is the same players we have been praising for their career accomplishments as of late, the Sedins.

They are way too slow, to be a successful top line in today's league you have to be quick. In their prime the twins had a knack of slowing the game down and dominating, they can't do that anymore.  And the game is definitely faster than it was 7 years ago when hank won the art Ross. 

I love the twins, no matter what 22 and 33 are going to the rafters, but until they are firmly supplanted from the top line by the likes of Horvat (well on his way), Virtanen, Boeser, Baertschi, this year's first rounder, etc, this team will not be able to make the next step until then.

But ya, Larsen is a bum.

6 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

I love the twins, no matter what 22 and 33 are going to the rafters, but until they are firmly supplanted from the top line by the likes of Horvat (well on his way), Virtanen, Boeser, Baertschi, this year's first rounder, etc, this team will not be able to make the next step until then.

But ya, Larsen is a bum.

The Twins have been horrible in 2017 so far.  I am their biggest fan, but the rust is starting to show.  In Jan trying to get a shot on net out of them was like pulling teeth.

11 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

6-14 with Larsen in the line up

what was the record with Biega in the line up?

Biega 6-12 .. -1

Larsen ... -9

We are weak on D with either AHL'r in the line up, but I'll take Biega any day!

He makes Tram a much more confident player that will battle harder paired with Biega.

11 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

Biega 6-12 .. -1

Larsen ... -9

We are weak on D with either AHL'r in the line up, but I'll take Biega any day!

He makes Tram a much more confident player that will battle harder paired with Biega.

Wow but with Larsen the trend feels downwards and zero effect hitting wise. It felt stronger with the Budlldog Tram pairing. I think they were developing something.

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Don't get your hopes up that we are trading a d-man.

Edler- NTC, and playing horribly.

Gud- Injured.

Tanev- Just got back from injury a few games ago. 

Larsen- useless, waiver wire fodder.

Hutton- Close to returning, but suffering sophomore jinx.

Tryamkin- Solid, but still learning

Sbisa- Probably his best season as a Canuck.

Stetcher- Mighty mite, creates chances, makes mistakes, but always working his tail off. 

So who would want any of our d-men? Unless Vancouver gets a great deal for Sbisa, I don't see it. I doubt even if Edler were to move, we'd get more than a 2nd rounder for him. Now that we have Hansen back, Megna is not playing. Once we get Hutton back, dump Larsen. Preferably on waivers. 

Sbisa would be a good guy to put on the block just because of the fact that he played well enough to get his stock up. Instead of draft picks which we probably would have gotten last year, this year with his play, the Canucks might be able to get a pretty good player.

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Wow but with Larsen the trend feels downwards and zero effect hitting wise. It felt stronger with the Budlldog Tram pairing. I think they were developing something.

I thought so too...Watching the games with Biega and Try,you could always see them verbally communicating with each other on the bench ,and on the ice...Not seeing that chemistry with Larsen....In a perfect world,they would both be partnered with a veteran player...One player is still learning the ropes,the other is undersized,and makes poor defensive decisions.(and its debatable that he is an NHL player at all).

13 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

I thought so too...Watching the games with Biega and Try,you could always see them verbally communicating with each other on the bench ,and on the ice...Not seeing that chemistry with Larsen....In a perfect world,they would both be partnered with a veteran player...One player is still learning the ropes,the other is undersized,and makes poor defensive decisions.(and its debatable that he is an NHL player at all).

And seeing Larsen sitting on his ass out there like a peewee tyke was just maddening , stay in the fray!stay on your feet

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Glad I am not the only one that sees that as well. Tramp plays better and looks more comfortable playing with Biega. Can Willy not see that? :blink:

3 hours ago, EdgarM said:

I was thinking the same thing. Who in their right mind would play this guy? Any fool could see Biega is miles better then this guy. The same happened with Weber last year. I wouldn't put this guy on my AHL team never mind the NHL.

Benning and Co. are not dumb so there has got to be an alterior motive. Something fishy here.

Weber played a decent game against us when we played Nashville. These guys aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be.

We were very lucky to get Stecher and couldn't predict how effective he could be. Tryamkin started out rocky but has steadily gotten more consistent. Even so, these guys still make errors. They have more obvious upside so they are forgiven.

Larsen seems to play reasonably well for stretches then makes a very noticeable blunder. We've had other d-men who have started out the same way, Sbisa being the last guy. I doubt anyone thinks that he is an answer to anything, but the amount of negativity directed at him seems disproportionate to his actual influence on the outcome of the game. 

Players get injured and players have to be able to play with any team-mate. I thought Stecher broke a bone the way he left the ice last night. The schedule gets tougher and the games do too as teams battle for spots and position in the Playoffs. If people think we are a Playoff team, then I can understand the hatred. But, if not, Biega is not a cornerstone player and is not going to be with us for long either as other players in the system step in.

The effort against Arizona was pathetic from top to bottom; no shots in half a game is not the fault of the bottom d-man. San Jose out-manned us and play their system better with more attention to detail and better players for the most part. Minnie is the top team for a reason. They attacked and never let up. All of our players could learn a lesson from that game. Exactly how much of a difference could Biega actually have made in any of those games?

Archived