The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolay Goldobin | LW/RW

Scorevat

On 10/2/2019 at 2:17 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

And add another reason to why the Comets should be here.  That’s Baer and now Goldy who are delayed because of our farm team being in the States.  Why are we doing this when Abbotsford would love to have the Comets? 

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

And add another reason to why the Comets should be here.  That’s Baer and now Goldy who are delayed because of our farm team being in the States.  Why are we doing this when Abbotsford would love to have the Comets? 

Because the downside of waiting a little longer for immigration papers doesn't negate all the benefits of having the farm team in Utica.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Alflives said:

Think of all the added pollution from people travelling to games etc. & If they needed to expand the arena it would be protested to kingdom come with concrete making a lot of GHG. 

On 10/4/2019 at 6:44 AM, shad0w4life said:

Think of all the added pollution from people travelling to games etc. & If they needed to expand the arena it would be protested to kingdom come with concrete making a lot of GHG. 

Well those protesters should go protest volcanoes as they release waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more co2 into the atmosphere than humans on a scale that doesn't even compare.

Back to hockey... Why hasn't Sven or Goldy played in Utica?

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Well those protesters should go protest volcanoes as they release waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more co2 into the atmosphere than humans on a scale that doesn't even compare.

Back to hockey... Why hasn't Sven or Goldy played in Utica?

They were still making their transition down there during game 1. The next game isn't until the 12th. 

On 10/4/2019 at 6:44 AM, shad0w4life said:

GHG? Great! Canada could use some warming, I want to start a citrus farm in Whitehorse. Too bad we’ll have an ice age in 30 years.

• Haha 1

I think the VISA break is good for Goldy. Hope he reloads and goes down and dominates. 

He does have issues away from the puck, but I think it’s a confidence issue as well. If he realizes he’s allowed to make the odd mistake as long as he constantly battles he’ll be a constant fixture in our top 9 for years. I’m not convinced that will happen but still hope so. 

44 minutes ago, dank.sinatra said:

1 apple for Goldy in his Utica debut tonight.

Anyone see the game? How did Bartschi and Goldobin play? 

It's true that with Baer and Goldy we got some pretty good depth. I don't know if either of those players will actually be long term with the Canucks, though

Goldobin already 24, he might have a lot of talent, but might be one of those guys that just doesn't cut it on the NHL level, but too good for the AHL level. Might be Russian bound eventually

Baer is older than Goldy, but he's also proven a lot more at the NHL level. Right now, though, I think a lot of teams are scared of Baer because of his health and concussion issues. 

4 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

I watched the game and thought they were non-factors but Goldie was more noticeable than Baer. 

I agree.  Even though Baertschi had two assists and made a nice play on the OT goal I didn't think he was very noticeable all game long.  I thought Goldobin was a victim of his line-mates.  Goldy made some plays that stood out with NHL vision but MacEwen and Jasek were not on the same page and fumbled what should have been easy goals.