The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolay Goldobin | LW/RW

Scorevat

16 hours ago, snacaracci said:

I like Goldobin.  The kid has some serious upside.  That said, he has some defensive warts.  They were willing to take the risk on Baertchi, i think the potential is higher with Goldobin.  Shot gun with EP and Brock could be deadly.  Yes, I have Brock and EP playing together.

Thank god EP is going to be given the chance to be a CENTRE!

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, skategal said:

Remember where you are posting???? 

Yeah but I gotta keep up hope that eventually people will actually learn to take in information, think critically and not be willfully obtuse...riiiiight? :unsure:

Admitting the opposite can only lead to:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

You can just see the skill oozing from Goldy.  His confidence is gaining with every shift.  He needed someone else elite to play with all this time.  I could see in his limited stints prior that he has exceptional vision, elite distribution skills, and a deadly nose for the net.  This season he has been way more confidence with and without the puck.  Less hot potato and more pizza with sauce.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, xereau said:

You can just see the skill oozing from Goldy.  His confidence is gaining with every shift.  He needed someone else elite to play with all this time.  I could see in his limited stints prior that he has exceptional vision, elite distribution skills, and a deadly nose for the net.  This season he has been way more confidence with and without the puck.  Less hot potato and more pizza with sauce.

indeed. 
And his development will help the team offensively. But make no mistake - offensively skilled players who don't usually make others better (hence cannot play up and down the line easily) but synergize well with other offensive elite players, yet have defensive warts, end up being high risk-high reward scenrios. 

The line of Goldy-EP-Brock just won't happen for a while- especially against good teams. Because this line has one sucky player (Goldy), one average player (EP) and one below average player (Flow) when it comes to the play without the puck. 

24 minutes ago, xereau said:

He had great chemistry with Boucher down on the farm. He looked like a different player in the ahl. Confident, and was always a scoring threat. He has good release on his one timer, very snappy and quick and doesn't need much of a wind up.

It's good to see him finally clicking with someone other than Boucher. His confidence is growing at the NHL level finally! 

And maybe this this all makes sense, as we all know Pettersson looooves GOLD! 

• Haha 1

Early results are quite encouraging.  I liked his play in the pre-season, as well as the first two games.  3 points in two ain't nothing to sneeze at, never mind he's looked dangerous for stretches when he didn't score.  However, I think this road trip will be a good barometer of what kind of season he's going to have.

I just hope that coach Green keeps this line intact; at least as long as it is getting chances and producing. Lots of posts on here wanting Elias and Brock together on a line and I am not a fan of that idea. As I have mentioned before on here about having Eriksson on this line with his experience and defensive smarts; it allows both Nikolay and Elias to be a bit more creative knowing that Loui is minding the defensive side of things.

16 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I just hope that coach Green keeps this line intact; at least as long as it is getting chances and producing. Lots of posts on here wanting Elias and Brock together on a line and I am not a fan of that idea. As I have mentioned before on here about having Eriksson on this line with his experience and defensive smarts; it allows both Nikolay and Elias to be a bit more creative knowing that Loui is minding the defensive side of things.

It is about balance and where the team will be 40 games in. I was for Gagner going simply because he had to play top 6 which I was not a fan of since I want Goldy to get a solid 15 minutes a game. Give him that and we will see how he is doing after 40 games. Not worried about Gody and Jake taking some penalties as they will learn from it.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I happen to really like the way that Travis has put the team together for the start of the season. Elias and Goldy see the ice in similar fashion and it was nice to see Goldy set up Elias for a nice goal in the last game vs Calgary. I am hoping to see a lot more of these two together and what they can do. These two together IMO have the makings to be an even better combo than Brock and Bo and that is no easy feat.

• Upvote 3