The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolay Goldobin | LW/RW

Scorevat

Adam Gaudette has already been sent to Utica. The question is who else is going to be cut or waived. I think Motte will be sent down for asset management reasons but if he isn't, then Archibald, Granlund, Gagner and Schaller are IMO the most likely victims to be waived. i am not sure which ones it will be though

5 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Adam Gaudette has already been sent to Utica. The question is who else is going to be cut or waived. I think Motte will be sent down for asset management reasons but if he isn't, then Archibald, Granlund, Gagner and Schaller are IMO the most likely victims to be waived. i am not sure which ones it will be though

None of those guys are a loss if we lose them in my opinion. 

Out of the four listed, I can see someone possibly taking a chance on either Gagner, or Granlund. Archibald and Schaller will both clear, I think. 

7 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

No way they waive a guy they just signed. LOL. Not to mention people speak of this guy like he didn't play 82 games, dropped 22 points, 132 hits, 3 shorthanded goals playing on a far superior team compared to our team last year. Who the hell are we to waive a legit NHL quality player, that brings some grit, defensive integrity? Boston fans were not happy about losing Schaller either. The fact so many people have Schaller on the outside looking in of our bum ass team is actually a massive joke. There are half a dozen guys we should look at waiving before even getting to Schaller's name. 

Edited by N7Nucks
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

No way they waive a guy they just signed. LOL. Not to mention people speak of this guy like he didn't play 82 games, dropped 22 points, 132 hits, 3 shorthanded goals playing on a far superior team compared to our team last year. Who the hell are we to waive a legit NHL quality player, that brings some grit, defensive integrity? Boston fans were not happy about losing Schaller either. The fact so many people have Schaller on the outside looking in of our bum ass team is actually a massive joke. There are half a dozen guys we should look at waiving before even getting to Schaller's name. 

LOL... I threw Schaller into the mix just to see what kind of response it got. He is a much better version of Archie IMO. If I had to pick two out of the four it would be Archie and Granlund. Not a fan of waiving Granny though, as I think he is capable of much more offense but not with the way Travis used him last year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kootenay Gold said:

LOL... I threw Schaller into the mix just to see what kind of response it got. He is a much better version of Archie IMO. If I had to pick two out of the four it would be Archie and Granlund. Not a fan of waiving Granny though, as I think he is capable of much more offense but not with the way Travis used him last year.

I hope so, cause far too often people downplay how good Schaller would be for our bottom 6. Archie definitely does not belong. Roussel does everything he does, but better. Schaller is the winger version of Sutter, so that's invaluable. Despite what people think of Sutter.

Granny I am not entirely how I feel about him. Sometimes I think, just waive him. Sometimes I think, I really like his effort. I wish Goldy had the mindset of Granny, he'd be such a fantastic player for us. Goldy's offensive acumen with Granny's work ethic would be nasty.

• Upvote 2

I was a fan of all three FA signings even though the term seemed a bit long, because each one addressed a need that was lacking from the year before. Jay Beagle should be able to take some of the load off of Brandon Sutter and either is capable of filling in, in a shut down role, should one get injured during the season. Antoine Roussel should be a good replacement for Derek Dorsett and provide what the team lost when Dorsett was no longer able to play. Tim Schaller will be a very good hard nosed in your face 4th line defender that can play center as well as the wing.

• Upvote 2

On 9/28/2018 at 2:23 PM, N7Nucks said:

Players get signed and waived all the time (ex: Wieroch from last year). That being said, I'd rather give Schaller a chance than Granlund. We've seen what Granlund can do which is not a whole lot. Rather give a spot to a player with a defined role that actually does something, than Granlund who does a whole lot of nothing

On 9/21/2018 at 7:02 AM, Tre Mac said:

I am a huge Goldy fan but he's far from a lock.  Travis Green had to have another talk with him during one of the intermissions last night.  I think his patience is wearing thin with Goldobin.  Goldy is such a tease, fantastic one night but then goes invisible for a couple of games.  Last night, aside from the SO goal, wasn't a good game for him. 

He is now after the game tonight. Hands down the best player we had against the Yotes. Turned it up when the spotlight was on him

2 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

He is now after the game tonight. Hands down the best player we had against the Yotes. Turned it up when the spotlight was on him

travis on goldy:

“He showed some things he can do offensively, but he’s still a young player who’s learning the NHL game. He runs into problems when he loses a puck battle in his own zone or doesn’t get a puck out. But he also brings something else to the table that we lack.”

7 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Good, I missed the first two periods but saw his goal.  Love that line with EP40 and BB6.

6 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

travis on goldy:

“He showed some things he can do offensively, but he’s still a young player who’s learning the NHL game. He runs into problems when he loses a puck battle in his own zone or doesn’t get a puck out. But he also brings something else to the table that we lack.”

So Goldy doesn't have a complete game.  At least he has finish.  I think he just solidified a spot next to Pettersson.

Surely, Green is referencing Leipsic's ability to retrieve a puck.  These are 2 players who are up for the same job.   But on THIS team, I take the guy who can finish.  I also would say take the guy with the higher IQ

• Upvote 2

To be honest, I'm not sure if I'm seeing a different player than Green, but to me, it looks like Goldy is hounding for pucks way more than he used to.

I'll trust Green's assessment, as maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

To be honest, I'm not sure if I'm seeing a different player than Green, but to me, it looks like Goldy is hounding for pucks way more than he used to.

I thought Goldy looked more engaged without the puck too.  

2 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I share your sentiment. Back when we first got him, it seemed to me like he just sort of waited for opportunities to develop around him before pouncing, whereas it really seems to me as though he's making an effort to attack the puck and develop plays himself these days. Just needs to keep at it.

I like Goldobin.  The kid has some serious upside.  That said, he has some defensive warts.  They were willing to take the risk on Baertchi, i think the potential is higher with Goldobin.  Shot gun with EP and Brock could be deadly.  Yes, I have Brock and EP playing together.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, snacaracci said:

I like Goldobin.  The kid has some serious upside.  That said, he has some defensive warts.  They were willing to take the risk on Baertchi, i think the potential is higher with Goldobin.  Shot gun with EP and Brock could be deadly.  Yes, I have Brock and EP playing together.

Shot Gun, Love it!!!!! ::D