The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

7 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Are you serious?

These Canuck trainers are pros and likely to be the best of the best. What happened with Jake was nothing to do with the Canuck trainers - or likely any other trainers worth a damn. He was 230lbs, 15lbs of it pure blubber that's why he couldn't last 15 seconds on the ice without sucking air up his ass.

Swedish Sport is elite when it comes to fitness and if the Canucks have agreed a program with his Club you can bet it will be done in a professional manner.

It's happened to Virtanen, Juolevi, Hutton, Hansen etc....

dont see it happening to any other teams....

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, mll said:

Last week Benning again repeated that they drafted him to be a playmaking C re they have scoring wingers so it was very important to get him as a C last draft.  Has there been any plans for him to be tried at C now that he has adjusted to the league.  

Vaxjo has to do what is best for their team, not whats best for the development of EP, they probably feel he is better on the wing for them, so he will play there.

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

It can be hilarious to follow with that link if you invoke the translator - examples from today's game include:

"Ejdsell tries to fool Fasth by walking the kitchen route, but the goalkeeper can handle."   

"Elias Pettersson in the goal frame!"  (he hit a post)

"Rahimi pulls down Thörnberg and gets rest for two minutes."

"Redhead Robert Rosén and God-like Elias Pettersson score again when the youngster is in preparation for Rosén, making his eleventh point in the last six matches with a shot at the cross."  

"

"Redhead Robert Rosén and God-like Elias Pettersson score again when the youngster is in preparation for Rosén, making his eleventh point in the last six matches with a shot at the cross."  

so did he score or not?  does that make that 1 goal 1 assist tonight? 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Erik Karlsson said:

It's happened to Virtanen, Juolevi, Hutton, Hansen etc....

dont see it happening to any other teams....

What happened? Clue me in with some quotable facts because if it was ever the case that any of OUR trainers were causing players to be unfit I'm sure they would not be here long. 

I don't know much at all about the last three but I do know that no coach worth his salt never mind one in the Canucks employ would leave a player looking like Jake looked.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

"

so did he score or not?  does that make that 1 goal 1 assist tonight? 

Just the one assist. He shot it of the crossbar

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

It can be hilarious to follow with that link if you invoke the translator - examples from today's game include:

"Ejdsell tries to fool Fasth by walking the kitchen route, but the goalkeeper can handle."   

"Elias Pettersson in the goal frame!"  (he hit a post)

"Rahimi pulls down Thörnberg and gets rest for two minutes."

Don't mind me, just currently laughing out loud at work...

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Screen-Shot-2015-07-02-at-10.04.17-AM-1.

I have a theory about guys like Phil and Kyle Wellwood. They have quicker reaction time when plump. I know some folks that do spinal cord repair research and they did a study (in rats) that showed a higher fat diet led to more nerve repair and more mobility, so fat=reaction time for some guys. When Vignault made Wellwood go on a diet his game sucked. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

I have a theory about guys like Phil and Kyle Wellwood. They have quicker reaction time when plump. I know some folks that do spinal cord repair research and they did a study (in rats) that showed a higher fat diet led to more nerve repair and more mobility, so fat=reaction time for some guys. When Vignault made Wellwood go on a diet his game sucked. 

you  may have a point!  this all reminds me of that fat UFC fighter that used to kick everyones arse.  

roy-nelson-06.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

"Surprise is how quickly he's adapted to the game. We understood there's some growth to do from a strength point of view but we saw his compete level and he's got some nastiness to it." - Ryan Johnson on Pettersson

"We have to be very patient. It's easy to see the success he's had very quickly and get overexcited. Have to be very patient to put him in the position to have success over here." - Johnson on Petterson possibly coming to North America next year

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"Surprise is how quickly he's adapted to the game. We understood there's some growth to do from a strength point of view but we saw his compete level and he's got some nastiness to it." - Ryan Johnson on Pettersson

"We have to be very patient. It's easy to see the success he's had very quickly and get overexcited. Have to be very patient to put him in the position to have success over here." - Johnson on Petterson possibly coming to North America next year

Johnson is right on that. Kid is a little on the nasty side. Once he gets bigger he'll start to get meaner or more agressive.

• Cheers 1