The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who will be the first coach to be fired this season?

First head coach fired this season  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

To be honest, I was more ticked off at Crawford for not using Gretzky in the shootout @ Nagano.

Hmmmm, good move. Gretzky was a jerk that never signed with Vancouver. Apparently he got annoyed that Pat Quinn called him twice or something? So we ended up with Messier? I had a look at the 1998 roster... not a single Canuck on that roster. Blame it on the OLD BOYS CLUB! 

Even Messier didn't make that team lol... Canucks have been hated on for decades I guess. 

Fun Fact: 

Team Canada’s Olympic roster was selected by Bobby Clarke, who was then general manager of the Philadelphia Flyers. Eric Lindros was named captain over longtime leaders such as Wayne Gretzky, Steve Yzerman, and Ray Bourque.[2] Rob Zamuner was a surprise pick, while Mark Messier and Scott Niedermayer were omitted.[3]

2 minutes ago, apollo said:

Hmmmm, good move. Gretzky was a jerk that never signed with Vancouver. Apparently he got annoyed that Pat Quinn called him twice or something? So we ended up with Messier? I had a look at the 1998 roster... not a single Canuck on that roster. Blame it on the OLD BOYS CLUB! 

Even Messier didn't make that team lol... Canucks have been hated on for decades I guess. 

Fun Fact: 

Well Linden was on that team. He has always been a Canuck at heart.

No one on the Canucks really deserved to be on Team Canada that year though (even Messier).

Doug Weight was just hired so I doubt he gets canned this season. If things turn into a disaster, it'll be Garth Snow that's axed over Doug Weight.

Really don't like the tandem of Cheveldyoff and Maurice running things in Winnipeg. Chevy's distain for trading is what is holding back the Jets from being something truly special. If I'm not mistaken, the Jets have only made a small handful of trades since Chevy took over and the "big" trade was the Kane/Myers deal that really only occurred because Kane was such a nightmare for the Jets on a personnel level. Although before Chevy/Maurice got contract extensions this summer, I won't be shocked if that's the tandem that gets fired if the Jets sink into oblivion yet again.

I also will be shocked if DeBoer makes it through the season. And I can see Hakstol being on thin ice too in Philly.

A question I have is that if these guys get fired, who replaces them? Can Willie D get another coaching job? Lots of intrigue going forward.

All that's certain, from a Canucks perspective, is that Greener will be us for the next few years -- and I'm OK with that.

5 hours ago, apollo said:

I hope Leafs lose 50 in a row and it's Babcock. I don't like him. POS benched Luongo in Sochi. If Backstrom wasn't forced to sit out or Sweden had Henrik healthy, Price would have been lit up for 20 goals.

You never cease to amaze.

As for the actual topic, Julien is my pick this far into the season.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

He shouldn't be.

The GM should get the boot for assembling such an average team.

Maybe, but AV is in the first domino position, isn’t he?  Maybe the Rangers fire AV, the Habs fire Julien, and both get rehired by the other team?  It’s happened before. B)

Archived