The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

17 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Doubt that happens. Betting Woo gets his ELC this summer though and he auditions well at training camp before eventual being sent down to the AHL where he can lead his team. Then a stint in Utica before he takes one of the gaping holes on our RD side.

Honestly if we didn't have Stecher over there right now we'd be absolutely screwed going forward considering Tanev is likely traded this coming offseason/deadline. Sign a big ticket RD like Myers for 5ish years and then another stop gap like Polak, Engelland or Girardi. Edler (2y at 5M)

Edler-Stecher

Hutton-Myers

Hughes-Tanev

Juolevi-Engelland

Brisebois-Woo

If I remember correct he can't go to Utica. 

Maybe JB should work a deal and send him over to Europe next season. 

4 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

If I remember correct he can't go to Utica. 

Maybe JB should work a deal and send him over to Europe next season. 

Meant to say WHL as your right he cant go to the AHL. But, he can play up to 9 NHL games without burning a year of ELC and if he's under the 10 game mark his ELC slides I believe.

I know it maybe a long shot but what if Jett Woo makes the Canucks this next season.  I know dmen take longer to develop but we could really use a RH Dman.  He is already quite physical and if his skating is up to snuff you never know.  There was a d man taken after  OJ who plays with Arizona I think?...  Just was thinking about how we need RDmen and remembered we had taken Jett in the second round last year.  Stranger things have happened. :)

On 3/9/2019 at 9:36 PM, Canucks Curse said:

Woo would have gone in the mid to late first round if he didn’t get injured- that’s great scouting on the Canuck part

aleo - he was almost ppg last year before his injury 

I would love me some byram 

The future 

byram woo

hughes trysmkin

oJ       Stetcher 

Totally agree on Byram.  Having a great defence and good centres makes your wingers better.

5 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Doubt that happens. Betting Woo gets his ELC this summer though and he auditions well at training camp before eventual being sent down to the WHL where he can lead his team. Then a stint in Utica before he takes one of the gaping holes on our RD side.

Honestly if we didn't have Stecher over there right now we'd be absolutely screwed going forward considering Tanev is likely traded this coming offseason/deadline. Sign a big ticket RD like Myers for 5ish years and then another stop gap like Polak, Engelland or Girardi. Edler (2y at 5M)

Edler-Stecher

Hutton-Myers

Hughes-Tanev

Juolevi-Engelland

Brisebois-Woo

Woo doesn't crack our roster this season and he us too young to play in the AHL for another year.  

Woo could play his way onto the roster.  Is he going to be worse than Pouliot?  Could he out play Biega?  

For his development I hope he can earn a 9 game stint.  It would give him some cash, a taste of the show and a good idea of what he is playing for.  Send him to the WJC and then let him destroy the WHL and even get some AHL time somewhere at the end of the year.  

I don't think this club can concern it self with getting full value of ELC's.  Woo is a stud pick, Hughes is a stud pick and Madden is a stud pick.  All 3 could go in a 1st round of a re draft.  That says alot.  

Please sign Myers!!  

Edited by Phat Fingers

That puts him in 6th place for defenseman scoring in the whl

a couple of players ahead of him have played 5 more games 

one of the players ahead of him is Ty Smith, high first round pick and 

Bowen Byram

edit: just did some research on Dawson Davidson who is 1st for points and a 2nd year overager

so Woo is definitely up there among the best point production for his age 

Edited by Off_The_Schneid!
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

That puts him in 6th place for defenseman scoring in the whl

a couple of players ahead of him have played 5 more games 

one of the players ahead of him is Ty Smith, high first round pick and 

Bowen Byram

edit: just did some research on Dawson Davidson who is 1st for points and a 2nd year overager

so Woo is definitely up there among the best point production for his age 

Pretty safe to say he would be taken in the 20-30 range in a redraft.  I a D heavy draft, he may end being one of the better ones.  I'd bet he is far more physical than the 5 guys ahead of him in points.

• Like 1

I have loved the Woo pick from the start.  Good scouting and alot of teams slept on him due to his injury.  

His scoring was there prior to the injury and then while he was put injured the warriors brought in 2 OA d men.  When Woo got back, he was off the PP and playing in a shut down role, which he did really well at.  

Woo is the reason that stats dont define players and that stats dont lie..

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, BCNate said:

Pretty safe to say he would be taken in the 20-30 range in a redraft.  I a D heavy draft, he may end being one of the better ones.  I'd bet he is far more physical than the 5 guys ahead of him in points.

I think Woo will end up being a 30 point guy for us, who plays really hard minutes (including PK) and is viscous.  I see him along the lines of a Konstantinov, who played for the great Detroit teams.  Skilled, and viscous, but can still put up points.  

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think Woo will end up being a 30 point guy for us, who plays really hard minutes (including PK) and is viscous.  I see him along the lines of a Konstantinov, who played for the great Detroit teams.  Skilled, and viscous, but can still put up points.  

Alf, are you sure he is viscous?:towel:

vis·cous
/ˈviskəs/
adjective

1. having a thick, sticky consistency between solid and liquid; having a high viscosity.
    "viscous lava"
    synonyms: sticky, gummy, glue-like, gluey, adhesive, tacky, adhering, adherent, sticking, clinging, treacly, syrupy;
  • Haha 1

Not trying to be a party pooper, but even as a PPG player, Woo is the 5th leading scorer on the team, and likely has his stats inflated a bit right now.

For that reason I don't think PPG is too insane for him right now. It's obviously fantastic, but not insane production given the circumstances. 

Also for that reason I don't think we should be throwing names like Shea Weber in there haha, let's temper expectations even though he's looking really legit so far.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Grape said:

Not trying to be a party pooper, but even as a PPG player, Woo is the 5th leading scorer on the team, and likely has his stats inflated a bit right now.

For that reason I don't think PPG is too insane for him right now. It's obviously fantastic, but not insane production given the circumstances. 

Also for that reason I don't think we should be throwing names like Shea Weber in there haha, let's temper expectations even though he's looking really legit so far.

Weber wasn't a point per game player in the WHL.  So, Woo may be even better than Weber.  

Edited by Borvat
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Borvat said:

Weber wasn't a point per game player in the WHL.  So, Woo may be even better than Weber.  

Pavel Datsyuk was drafted in like the 6th round, which means all our forward prospects may be better than him?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Grape said:

Pavel Datsyuk was drafted in like the 6th round, which means all our forward prospects may be better than him?

Exactly.  It's really basic math.  Trouble is these players don't always co-operate.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

Alf, are you sure he is viscous?:towel:

vis·cous
/ˈviskəs/
adjective

1. having a thick, sticky consistency between solid and liquid; having a high viscosity.
    "viscous lava"
    synonyms: sticky, gummy, glue-like, gluey, adhesive, tacky, adhering, adherent, sticking, clinging, treacly, syrupy;

What does Alf do when he watches Woo??   :ph34r:

• Haha 2