The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Dahlen on the block?

Tanev

I know people are just brushing this off as 'Sekeras LOL'. But I could see it actually being the case. Whether they are "shopping" him or not, or to what extent, who knows.

But I don't think he's untouchable by any means, & I imagine they would definitely be looking to see whats out there. We don't exactly have a ton of expendable assets that would have significant value. 

Pffft. I doubt it!

One of the biggest strengths of this organization is patience. Look how they managed Virtanen, gave Hutton time to prove his worth and magically have Markstrom become a top end NHL goaltender. Both Goldobin and Pouliot are still seeing big league ice time, Dahlen will see the same team investment too!

17 minutes ago, Zhukini said:

It’s ok at least he didn’t trade Forsling for Clendenning or anything 

and how'd that trade turn out?

I can't find the quote, but at the time of the trade, benning said that they believed they knew what forsling was going to turn into, and it was an adam clendening type player. the only difference was clendening was a few years more developed. 

here we are, 4.5 years later, and forsling is struggling to make an nhl impact and actually has worse numbers than clendening for their respective careers. 

6 minutes ago, tas said:

and how'd that trade turn out?

I can't find the quote, but at the time of the trade, benning said that they believed they knew what forsling was going to turn into, and it was an adam clendening type player. the only difference was clendening was a few years more developed. 

here we are, 4.5 years later, and forsling is struggling to make an nhl impact and actually has worse numbers than clendening for their respective careers. 

Adam clendenning has better numbers? In what league? The AHL?

Forsling is 4 years younger and has already has more points in his NHL career 

2 minutes ago, Zhukini said:

Adam clendenning has better numbers? In what league? The AHL?

Forsling is 4 years younger and has already has more points in his NHL career 

he has 2 more points in 14 more games, meaning clendening scores at a higher rate. 

edit: clendening also has better +/-. there's no way on earth I care enough to look at advanced stats. 

3 minutes ago, Zhukini said:

I could care less about Forsling lol, it’s the idea that Benning doesn’t make mistakes.

In hindsight it might be a mistake, in context we were depleted with injuries and needed guys ready for a call up. 

It was a calculated risk that didn't work out. Keeping Forsling doesn't necessarily make us much better either so it's not that big of a loss imho

4 minutes ago, tas said:

he has 2 more points in 14 more games, meaning clendening scores at a higher rate. 

edit: clendening also has better +/-. there's no way on earth I care enough to look at advanced stats. 

If you really think that trade was a win for us have at it.

But doesn’t the fact that Clendening as 4 years older and played less in the NHL the main point, he may be a ounce more productive but he can’t stay in the league. 

Archived