The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Dahlen on the block?

Tanev

The idea is OK, the source is crap. Sort of like buying steaks online. 

I doubt Seker-ass or any of the other 1040 hacks have any inside info whatsoever.

But moving Dahlen for a comparable quality top 4 D prospect does make a lot of sense. 

8 minutes ago, Zhukini said:

If you really think that trade was a win for us have at it.

But doesn’t the fact that Clendening as 4 years older and played less in the NHL the main point, he may be a ounce more productive but he can’t stay in the league. 

it wasn't necessarily a win (other than it allowing the canucks to acquire sutter -- clendening was allegedly a must in that deal -- which allowed them to give horvat sheltered defensive assignments), but it definitely wasn't a loss, either. 

Nope nope nope.

Dahlen has little to no value right now, and is tracking well to end out the year.

He is not lighting it up, but he's still a very intriguing prospect to me. 

I mean, how could you not fall in love with this guy if you're Jimbo scouting Pettersson in Timra? He was the Mackinnon to Petey's Drouin on that team! 

The kid plays with so much passion, and that little hip-swivel move he does looks like a mini Jagr. Do not throw this kid away yet, please.

He deserves Goldobin treatment at worst!

2 minutes ago, nergish said:

Nope nope nope.

Dahlen has little to no value right now, and is tracking well to end out the year.

He is not lighting it up, but he's still a very intriguing prospect to me. 

I mean, how could you not fall in love with this guy if you're Jimbo scouting Pettersson in Timra? He was the Mackinnon to Petey's Drouin on that team! 

The kid plays with so much passion, and that little hip-swivel move he does looks like a mini Jagr. Do not throw this kid away yet, please.

He deserves Goldobin treatment at worst!

Ummmm. Petey would probably be the mackinnon analogy.

2 hours ago, Tanev said:

Matthew Sekeres @mattsekeres

Name to keep an eye on with the #Canucksat at #NHLTradeDeadline is prospect W Jonathan Dahlen (acquired from Ottawa for Alex Burrows two years ago). My understanding is Canucks have shopped him, soured on him a bit after seeing him in his first AHL year with @UticaComets.

Guys, relax. Sekeres does not cite anyone or any source. This is just all "Sekeres' understanding," which means nothing.

3 minutes ago, khay said:

Guys, relax. Sekeres does not cite anyone or any source. This is just all "Sekeres' understanding," which means nothing.

He never cites a source.  He lies to his listeners.  In a middle of a debate if he's not winning he'll say " one source told me such and such...." Even a child could make out suckeres just lied.... 

He has no sources and no credibility. 

He just made this up...

10 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

He never cites a source.  He lies to his listeners.  In a middle of a debate if he's not winning he'll say " one source told me such and such...." Even a child could make out suckeres just lied.... 

He has no sources and no credibility. 

He just made this up...

he is probably referring to ekland as his source. 

54 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

The idea is OK, the source is crap. Sort of like buying steaks online. 

I doubt Seker-ass or any of the other 1040 hacks have any inside info whatsoever.

But moving Dahlen for a comparable quality top 4 D prospect does make a lot of sense. 

I agree very much on the source.

But I wouldn't hate the idea if we traded him for a top 4 D prospect or a legit top 6 LW.

You can trade a young forward with potential for a roughly equivalent young defender with potential, or vice versa, when you have an abundance of one over the other. The Canucks do not.

Trading Dahlen for anything, before even truly seeing what he brings, would be amateurish asset management.

Archived