The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks VS Devils, Mar 15, 2019 -- Man Down Edition

therodigy

2 hours ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

A good week is something.  Chemistry is something there seems to be precious little of on this team.  So often,they put pucks to areas where thee is no support or they miss passes because they misread where a player will.be.   with so many kids, the excessive line juggling would seem to just add to their challenge and affect their self confidence.  

That plus Bo is the closest thing we have to C's that Loui played with in Dallas. I'd like to think that with Bo, Loui could put in 20 goals. Maybe I'm a dreamer. 

4 hours ago, BlastPast said:

Happened to see this on twitter. The 7th for Mazanec/4th for Pouliot are the only picks traded in a long time . If you read that you would think they had been trading picks for IDK , the last five years when in reality they have traded very few for the last 3 years. They have also picked up a few in that time. A bit of a disingenuous statement , no ? 

overall lack of prospect depth is actually due to pettersson, boeser, gaudette, demko, and goldobin graduating to the big club in the past 1.5 seasons. besides that though, hughes, joulevi, woo, dipietro, and madden are all fantastic prospects. not really a bad prospect pool, at all.

4 hours ago, BlastPast said:

Happened to see this on twitter. The 7th for Mazanec/4th for Pouliot are the only picks traded in a long time . If you read that you would think they had been trading picks for IDK , the last five years when in reality they have traded very few for the last 3 years. They have also picked up a few in that time. A bit of a disingenuous statement , no ? 

were we not ranked top 5 (maybe top three) for prospect pool last year? it takes time for most prospects to develop. BO, Brock, Elias are the exceptions to the rule. If one or two prospects graduate to the big club each year that is a good sign. Next year is Quinn Hughes and maybe Oli.

8 minutes ago, The_Rocket said:

overall lack of prospect depth is actually due to pettersson, boeser, gaudette, demko, and goldobin graduating to the big club in the past 1.5 seasons. besides that though, hughes, joulevi, woo, dipietro, and madden are all fantastic prospects. not really a bad prospect pool, at all.

Don’t forget Tryamkin! 

10 minutes ago, AV's Coin said:

were we not ranked top 5 (maybe top three) for prospect pool last year? it takes time for most prospects to develop. BO, Brock, Elias are the exceptions to the rule. If one or two prospects graduate to the big club each year that is a good sign. Next year is Quinn Hughes and maybe Oli.

We were ranked #2 (behind only Buffalo because of Dahlin) on 1 list but that was based almost exclusively on Petey & QH.  Petey was rated Elite & QH was rated as 1st pairing D the rest our prospects were rated lower ...  once you're in the NHL you come of the "prospect" rankings.   I can't remember who  was #3 - maybe Dahlen or OJ

48 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

That plus Bo is the closest thing we have to C's that Loui played with in Dallas. I'd like to think that with Bo, Loui could put in 20 goals. Maybe I'm a dreamer. 

I suppose anything is possible but I haven't seen anything from LE since he got here that smells remotely like a 20 goal scorer and he sure as heck isn't a set up guy.  I don't know how he was successful in Boston but I am guessing he must have had a lot of pucks bounce off his ass while he was looking the other way. 

21 minutes ago, AV's Coin said:

were we not ranked top 5 (maybe top three) for prospect pool last year?

12 minutes ago, Cali Canuck said:

We were ranked #2 (behind only Buffalo because of Dahlin)

#fakenews

#neverhappened

Go read CanuckSmarmy to get up-to-date with the real factz.  That or check out HFBoards.

5 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“Maybe I need to be more selfish to score more goals, but I’m always looking to pass and set up my teammates. I haven’t scored in a few games, which bothers me, so maybe I’ll be more selfish tonight.” - Pettersson

Expecting 5 goals from Petey, just to flex on the rest of the league.

Archived