The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brogan Rafferty | D

GoldenAlien

Getting back to Rafferty, quoting the Utica play by play guy, he just put on a master class in stickhandling, going end to end, entering the Laval zone one on four, dekes his way to the net but fails to score. Rafferty is therefore an undistinguished AHL mediocrity that will never make the NHL.  We should send him back to college to get his Masters so that he can find employment more suitable to his unimpressive talent - he is, afterall, 24 and incapable of raising his game to the heightened level of competition. He will have some games with the Canucks next season but apparently his play will not exceed that of his closest comparable - Pouliot.

Strangely, I find him enjoyable to watch.

Next season should be interesting because Raferty has a 1-way contract for next season.  Did Jim foresee how good he is?  Jim is starting to become a legend here in Vancouver for his almost other worldly skill of drafting and finding undrafted gems.

Just now, Nuxfanabroad said:

Lots of D seem to be getting injured. If prices raise, I'd strongly consider dealing Stecher.

Many of our lefties can handle the rh-side

I really hope JB does move Stecher for a high second round pick.  He won’t though.  JB is all in on getting into the playoffs this season.  He’s not trading away any guy from our current roster.  

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I really hope JB does move Stecher for a high second round pick.  He won’t though.  JB is all in on getting into the playoffs this season.  He’s not trading away any guy from our current roster.  

It's understandable, Alfer..they don't want the 2021 1st hanging over their heads next season.

If someone chased that deal, I'd try to attach Baer, & even settle for a lamer return.

edit: like these two to the Habs for a 2021 4th..becomes a 3rd if Habbies squeeze into the dance(Weber hurt, they can drum up space)

Edited by Nuxfanabroad
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

It's understandable, Alfer..they don't want the 2021 1st hanging over their heads next season.

If someone chased that deal, I'd try to attach Baer, & even settle for a lamer return.

Yup.  Stecher and Baer fir a guy who is a coming UFA.  That gets rid of Bear’s cap next season.  

Maybe that kind of deal is exactly what JB is looking for?  

Who else, other than Stecher, could we trade and attach a crappy contract to?  Jake?  

• Wat 1

17 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

Should be taking a look and then look into Moving assets we probably won’t sign in the future . Such as troy

I agree.. I like his game, but stetchers contract will likely make him collateral damage.. 

I like the idea of not upsetting things going into the playoffs, but it seems like Raff is more likely part of the future.. playoff experience would be huge for him too.. 

I wonder if JB is shopping Stetch.. 

17 hours ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  Stecher and Baer fir a guy who is a coming UFA.  That gets rid of Bear’s cap next season.  

Maybe that kind of deal is exactly what JB is looking for?  

Who else, other than Stecher, could we trade and attach a crappy contract to?  Jake?  

Why would you even consider trading Jake? 

You'd throw away a great asset who's finally developing into the player we hoped and you'd take an UFA to gain cap? 

Who are you? Dumbass? :lol:

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Why would you even consider trading Jake? 

You'd throw away a great asset who's finally developing into the player we hoped and you'd take an UFA to gain cap? 

Who are you? Dumbass? :lol:

Rafferty replaces Stecher, and Lind replaces Jake.

JB created a serious cap issue signing some ugly contracts.  He has to clear those off the books.

Stech and Jake are due for big cap cost raises next season.  We can’t afford to pay them.  Isn’t it best to move a player we aren’t going to be able to afford to keep now, and dump a crappy contract we need to get rid of at the same time, than to suffer the consequences of cap he’ll when Petey and Huggy Bear come up fir their next contracts?  

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Jeez, I thought Edler was injured... he’s been hobbling around like he has two broken legs.

That's his normal skating style.  If the Canucks keep playing to death Edler, Tanev and Myers one of them is going to get injured and be lost for the rest of the season.  It has been a miracle that those three have gotten this far into the season without any serious injuries.  Knock on wood!

20 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

Should be taking a look and then look into Moving assets we probably won’t sign in the future . Such as troy

19 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Lots of D seem to be getting injured. If prices raise, I'd strongly consider dealing Stecher.

All depends on the potential return. There's a threshold where dealing him at the TDL makes sense vs waiting until this summer and trading his rights and keeping our depth for a playoff run.

Certainly something in sure him will explore though ;)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

All depends on the potential return. There's a threshold where dealing him at the TDL makes sense vs waiting until this summer and trading his rights and keeping our depth for a playoff run.

Certainly something in sure him will explore though ;)

imo they aren't trading any regular for picks or prospects as long as they are in the heat of the race.  If they do anything, it'll be a straight hockey trade.

Lots of discontent in Buffalo, would anyone else do Boes for Reinhart straight across?  Would Buffalo?

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

imo they aren't trading any regular for picks or prospects as long as they are in the heat of the race.  If they do anything, it'll be a straight hockey trade.

Lots of discontent in Buffalo, would anyone else do Boes for Reinhart straight across?  Would Buffalo?

*It's unlikely.

But again, it all depends on what the return is and/or other potential moves.

21 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

And if we lose Tanev in the off season?

I dont believe we have the depth to be trading Steck. Unspectacular, true? But a handy piece,

10 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

And if we lose Tanev in the off season?

I dont believe we have the depth to be trading Steck. Unspectacular, true? But a handy piece,

agreed, if they are in, or close to, a playoff spot at the deadline, no way do they trade a dman.

Edited by stawns