The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

2 minutes ago, rizzuto&hatoum said:

Watching that clip, media is not doing their homework. They could have asked about Kuzmenko and what kind of player he is since they were teammates at SKA last year.

I am just relieved they didn’t ask the kid about his thoughts on the war. Thought for sure that Drance was going to go there. 

Really impressed with how well Podz has learned English so quickly. He's an inspiration. I have a feeling he might be a Canuck for a very long time. His work ethic reminds me of the twins.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

That was a great interview with Podz. Hats off to him for doing that interview, despite being a little nervous about his English. I like that he came right out and asked them to go easy on him as he's still learning English. For the most part, the questions weren't awful, I can think of worse questions. (Remember they asked Petey how much ice time he wanted in the first few games, to which he replied "I'd like 60 minutes") ::D

You can just tell that since the new year, he has settled in and felt more comfortable. He's putting in lots of extra work both on and off the ice. He's fitting in with the team and coach well, and steadily improving. The last 20 games or so he's been very noticeable heading to the net, digging in corners and making good passes. 
He managed to sneak in a few laughs too, which was good to see. He's going to come out of the gate really strong next year. He's going to be a really good (complete) player I think. He oozes character, determination, and commitment. 

Can't wait to see what he can do next year. And maybe he will play in the Calder cup too and excel there. Lot's of upside, glad he is on our team.

• Cheers 1

Please, will someone with influence convince Podz not to go home this summer. Someone talk him out of it. Fly the in-laws and the parents into Vancouver for a visit and holiday. I have big concern that if he goes home he might not be allowed back. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/29/2022 at 10:04 AM, Boudrias said:

Please, will someone with influence convince Podz not to go home this summer. Someone talk him out of it. Fly the in-laws and the parents into Vancouver for a visit and holiday. I have big concern that if he goes home he might not be allowed back. 

Ok, don't worry I'll text him that right now.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

I wouldn’t put it past Putin to pass a law which keeps all of its athletes in Russia. To “punish” the western world who enjoys watching them on their local teams. 

Abby Canucks are a pretty offensively-minded team, hopefully this allows Podz to play with some more creativity. 

No expectations for him in the AHL playoffs, but considering he was starting to look like a legitimate power forward at the NHL level... watch out, league.

Edited by nergish

Going to be very interesting to see who he plays with tonight.

Wondering if they put him together with Dowling and Bailey as the 2nd or 3rd line with Petan centering Remple and Dries on the 1st line. Stevens centering Klimovich and Di Giuseppe as either 2nd or 3rd line would also be one to consider.