The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

GoldenAlien

6 hours ago, Boudrias said:

The fact that he is participating in this makes me wonder how he views the Ukraine war? Business as usual in Russia? 

Probably tries to stay clear of the political aspect.... Doubt its so easy to be a protester in Russia as in the Western world...

• Like 1

I doubt Putin restricts the ability of hockey players to go to the NHL.

Why?  Because those players bring much needed US dollars into the Russian economy... which is being starved for Euros and Dollars with the move away from Russian Oil and Gas.

It is important to understand everything Putin says is the opposite of truth.  All of his speeches are designed to reinforce his lies and brainwash the Russian people.

Recently he said sanctions are hurting the US and Europe more than Russia... which means the opposite is true.

Edited by *Buzzsaw*

17 hours ago, spook007 said:

Probably tries to stay clear of the political aspect.... Doubt its so easy to be a protester in Russia as in the Western world...

Pulling on a Russian sweater at this time says something. Not a good thing IMHO. Sports washing? That said I don't know Podz's thinking or influences.  

Edited by Boudrias
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Pulling on a Russian sweater at this time says something. Not a good thing IMHO. Sports washing? That said I don't know Podz's thinking or influences.  

You may be right, but it just doesn't feel like, he is the type, although you never know.

He is Russian after all... not sure tbh.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, spook007 said:

You may be right, but it just doesn't feel like, he is the type, although you never know.

He is Russian after all... not sure tbh.

I thought he left a good impression after his first season. Seems like a good hard working kid. I like to worry. :)

• Cheers 2

When I see Podkolzin I see a Horvat on the right side.  And the stats as a rookie are very comparable to Horvats. 

Bo 13 goals 25 points 

Po 14 goals 26 points. 

I think he’s going to get 20 goals next year maybe more if he’s playing with Kuzmenko. 

27 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

When I see Podkolzin I see a Horvat on the right side.  And the stats as a rookie are very comparable to Horvats. 

Bo 13 goals 25 points 

Po 14 goals 26 points. 

I think he’s going to get 20 goals next year maybe more if he’s playing with Kuzmenko. 

I think Horvat was probably a step ahead offensively, as he did it in fewer games (68 games vs 79 games) and league scoring was also lower back when Horvat did it in 2014-15. Regardless, I do think Podz has about the same offensive potential as Bo and we could see him become a 50-60 point guy with 70-point potential.

• Cheers 1

On 6/14/2022 at 12:36 AM, DownUndaCanuck said:

He's got all the potential to have a massive break-out season. I think 20 goals is expected but if the rate of scoring stays high next year and he remains in our top-6 alongside Bo for most of the year, you never know...if guys like Mangiapane can score 30 then Podz can easily hit that as early as next year.

I'm sure he'll move up and down the lineup due to inconsistency, but a lot of us (and I'm sure the coaches do too) have him pencilled in for 2nd line winger spot right now, probably alongside Bo and Pearson to make up a pretty well-rounded, heavy line.

He's not hitting 30 next year and you're criminally underrating Magniapane.

Let's hope he can be a consistent secondary scorer first before juicing our expectations of this guy

• Vintage 1

On 6/27/2022 at 12:39 AM, .Naslund said:

He obviously has family and friends in Russia, is he supposed to just spend the summer in Vancouver so as to not offend us?  It's not like EVERY SINGLE Russian is pro Putin/pro war.  That's like saying every Canadian ultimately supported the way indigenous people were treated by our government back in the day. 

Anyways, hope he's enjoying his summer and looking forward to seeing his progress next year. 

All Canadians love beer.  Can’t really see you being a real Canadian if you don’t love beer.   Same logic. Lol

On 6/20/2022 at 8:48 AM, JM_ said:

I'm not sure thats true in this case, it sounds like its just a summer league to stay in shape. 

I believe it's a tourney within Russia.  Why shouldn't he get out there and play some hockey and entertain the

Russian people during this horrible time?

Even if it were a larger tourney including other nations (which is not likely), I wouldn't judge him if he played. We have

no idea what's going on in that country.  It is quite possible that refusing to join a national Russian team would be

considered as an active protest against (specifically) Putin and would have serious consequences.

14 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I believe it's a tourney within Russia.  Why shouldn't he get out there and play some hockey and entertain the

Russian people during this horrible time?

Even if it were a larger tourney including other nations (which is not likely), I wouldn't judge him if he played. We have

no idea what's going on in that country.  It is quite possible that refusing to join a national Russian team would be

considered as an active protest against (specifically) Putin and would have serious consequences.

that could all be true, I just think the kid wants to be on the ice and stay in shape. 

• 4 weeks later...