The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Boeser Camp Eyeing 4 Year Deal Worth $28M

8 hours ago, hammertime said:

To STL Boeser

To Van Tarasenko

To Chicago Boeser

To Van De Brincat 

No thanks. Canucks window is just opening and Tara is older. If you believe the stats he has already peaked. And one has no idea if he starts getting worse now or still has a couple years at peak performance.

And no to debrincat.....we don't need another tiny tim.

Just my opinion obviously.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, hammertime said:

To STL Boeser

To Van Tarasenko

Huh?!!!  Don't worry man, Boeser will sign.  My guess is that there's already a contract plan in place between both sides but there's a need to keep things on the down low (for trade reasons, etc).  I don't know this, I just have this suspicion because JB seems pretty calm about it and there's been no significant urgency / concern raised yet.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

No thanks. Canucks window is just opening and Tara is older. If you believe the stats he has already peaked. And one has no idea if he starts getting worse now or still has a couple years at peak performance.

And no to debrincat.....we don't need another tiny tim.

Just my opinion obviously.

Tiny Tim scores more goals than Boeser just saying. 

Like I said with Tarasenko I feel like it would be in the canucks best interest to create an environment where Russians feel more welcome. Podkolzin could use a mentor, Goldobin I feel has untapped potential, Tryamkin sure would help our blue line. I feel like hey hes 27 he's got a lot  of good hockey left and the influence he would have on the group may be an even greater asset than his point totals.  

I'm personally not sold that a guy missing a chunk of his spine and has a chronic wrist injury will be able to stay out of the infirmary.  Sincerely hope I'm wrong. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, IBatch said:

Tavares didn’t set the bar - he earned his contract because he was only getting 5 before - that’s how it’s supposed to work.  The system is broken.  

That's 7.45 million per year in today's dollars (he was making 5.5/yr). The premium for RFAs has definitely gone up since 2012...Eichel got 10, Matthews got 11.5, Aho got 8.4. Only Matthews can say he's had a better start to his career than Tavares. Players are getting paid earlier now. I wouldn't say the system is broken, just that players and their agents are more aggressive now at getting what they're worth younger. I'd do the same thing, never know when an injury can hit. 

22 hours ago, hammertime said:

If Boeser is reluctant to sign for a reasonable amount but would take a discount to be closer to his family at this time.  If I'm Benning I don't really see a deal that makes sense in Minni. However if Bess were willing to go to say Chicago or STL .

To STL Boeser

To Van Tarasenko

Tarasenko had 33 goals and 33/35 assists in each of the last 2 seasons  (very comparable to Boeser) is 27 and signed at 7.5m just won a cup and has been relatively durable during his NHL career. He also would help our culture if we want to lure Tryamkin back get a bit more from Goldy and hopefully bring Podkolzin into an environment where isn't the only Russian. I think the trickle down effect of adding Tarasenko would make the team better long term even if he himself ages out of being a top line player for us down the road. STL gets younger and possibly a higher point producer at the same position and saves some cap enough for a depth player anyway. I think the best thing a cup winning team can do is evolve before the league adapts. Bess helps with that and they get considerably younger.

To Chicago Boeser

To Van De Brincat 

Reunite Caggula and Boeser. I think Chicago  gets better here they can make the cap work. The canucks have gotten bigger I think we can handle having a top 6 smurf and make it work. basically goal scorer for goal scorer here though I think I'm probably forcing this one as I see no reason for Chi to do this unless they really like Bess.  

I like the Tara deal. Also Tara is a bull and brings more to the table then Brock does as of right now. 

Like you said the Russian factor could help big time. 

Also for the people that think Tara has peaked well he has never had an elite centre , Picture Tara with petey , I think he could go back to his 40 goal form. 

4 minutes ago, .Naslund said:

Since when is Tarasenko available? Why are we just randomly plunking his name out there? St Louis just won the Stanley Cup, I'm sure they're not too keen on trading main components of their team right now. Especially a drafted, homegrown elite talent at very good caphit.

Fans are bored of the summer lull and experiencing knee-jerk reactions to BB not being signed. I wonder if other teams' fans are proposing trading away their star RFA players? (Rhetorical/sarcastic question, of course.)

• Cheers 1

I am actually hoping this drags on for a while. There are teams needing to sign their stars' and we can afford to wait it out. I Don't want us to set a precedent for the others to follow with a good contract for Boes. Let Toronto sweat it for awhile. 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, apollo said:

I wouldn't consider any of those deals even if the teams added a first rounder. 

Brock is going to be a Canuck for a long time and can go down as the greatest goal scorer in franchise history. 

His work and personality off the ice is already at Sedin level greatness. 

It would likely he can adding to that.  Both players are significantly better than BB.........VT, for sure.

• Upvote 1