The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Trade) Lucic + Conditional 3rd to Calgary for Neal

Pears

21 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

The oilers actually got value back for Lucic, that's my whole point.

If that's your 'whole point' - then your 'whole point' about Gudbranson is entirely undermined = Gudbranson brought back 'good value' for the Canucks. 

Pearson has 4 pts in 4 games - after 9 goals in 19 at the end of last year = Gudbranson "actually got good value" ;)

Edited by oldnews
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Here are some simple stats for you then - since your 'eye-test' seems 'challenged'.

Lucic

0 points

6 games

"Anchoring" the Derek Ryan line.

6 goals and 20 pts, -9 in 79 games last year.  10 goals, -12 in 82 games the previous season playing with McDavid and Draisaitl.

What a "beast".

Go figure - I don't place a lot of value in your 'eye test' (but thanks for helping me inflate my batting average).

Edited by oldnews

17 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

I wouldn't trade Loui for luc at 6mil.  5.25 and a draft pick though?  You'd have my interest at least. 

An unprotected first would be nice.  A third isn't enough, and 750k isn't enough of a kicker for a player like Looch, especially for an extra year.  I'd take Loui any day of the week over him if I had to choose between the two, if we had the same offer as Flames got for Neal.

We don't need his toughness, and we don't need the added PIMs because he's too slow and too aggressive. Serves phlegm fans right having him and all the other Oiler rejects on the team.  They can try to put Leipsic on the pig, but they can't truly be happy with their offseason, can they?

Edit: can someone tell me why "l-i-p-s-t-i-c-k" keeps getting automatically edited here?  it is not showing up that way on my phone when I make the post, but shows up after I submit it.

Edited by Kragar
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

He's a "beast" in a sense that he literally is a beast, he's old school, tough, big and mean and I love/used to love that part of the sport.

then I'd think you'd understand why a person like myself would appreciate the presence of a player like Gudbranson.

And - why I'd 'defend' any Canuck that is being sandbagged - whether it's Gudbranson, Edler, Sbisa, Sutter...even Megna - or Vey.

Edited by oldnews
  • Cheers 1

• 1 month later...

Just thought it was worth bringing this back to look at after 25 games.  

This is a candidate for the worst NHL  trade in 20 years. Treleving what we're you possibly thinking?

Not only the difference in production by each player in the 25 games since the trade but the apparent impact on the trajectory of both teams.  Wow.  Can't be underestimated. 

On 11/24/2019 at 8:59 PM, fanfor42 said:

Just thought it was worth bringing this back to look at after 25 games.  

This is a candidate for the worst NHL  trade in 20 years. Treleving what we're you possibly thinking?

Not only the difference in production by each player in the 25 games since the trade but the apparent impact on the trajectory of both teams.  Wow.  Can't be underestimated. 

To be fair Neal was terrible in Calgary and at least Calgary got tougher but man Lucic sucks.

Highest paid goon in the nhl.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Neal has 4 pts in the month of November so far.  Still better than Lucic's #s, but not the all-star that the Coilers thought he'd be in October. 

Pearson has 8pts, Leivo has 6pts and Gaudette has 9pts for November.

I think everyone in Edmonton is fully aware that their team is completely propped up by two players and two players alone.  May God have mercy on the fanbase should Leon or Connor go down.  14 goals and 3 assists... He is their very own Jeff Carter.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 11/30/2019 at 8:08 AM, coryberg said:

Drake 30112019080701.jpg

lol that's a nice one.

At the end of the day, both of these guys are failed signings. It's pointless to say which one is better because they both suck compared to their salaries. Well, at least Lucic is playing and hitting, Eriksson isn't playing much.

• Cheers 1