The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eriksson playin it cool lol

Rate this topic

BrockBoester

Loui E  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Most people, and even most players, would go play in the minors and collect their money.  Loui is Swedish.  Look at Berglund.  He gave up similar money, because he hated the situation in Buffalo.  His skills were us serious decline, so he just went home.  Sundin had 10 million owed to him from us, but he chose to go home, because he was a shell of his former self.  Now Loui is learning he’s a shell of his former self.  He will retire.  

You could be right. Swedes have pretty high ethics... so he may very well do that.     May all depend on how his training camp goes.

Alf i would though you would be cheering for an OLD Guy...

3490_-_og_041jw_dark_ash_-_05.jpg

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, smithers joe said:

too much hate. whatever happens will be determined by louie’s play, and the coaches and management’s needs from him. too many people believe he doesn’t deserved the right to try and make this team. a hung jury. give louie the chance to prove he belongs or doesn’t. 

Hes getting that chance and all negativity aside i hope he regains his old self because he was a damn good hockey player. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt hes getting older idk if theres much left in the tank.

Edited by Shirotashi
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

You could be right. Swedes have pretty high ethics... so he may very well do that.     May all depend on how his training camp goes.

Alf i would though you would be cheering for an OLD Guy...

3490_-_og_041jw_dark_ash_-_05.jpg

Yeah well we've been the though this all before.. we need his money to help sign the best players and give raises where needed.. if it takes something like this for him to do his job.. then it's time to go

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

NHL players are human , not computers.

Competitive and passionate. They get frustrated.  Reporters can be slimey and and can print things you thought were off the record.

Loui E is a proud guy and not happy with how things are gone.   I am sure he has apologized to TG and they are both moving on from the mistake.

Lets give LouiE a bit of space and see how he plays the first few months....   Hopefully he can recover his career and maybe he agrees to be moved at the deadline... that would be best for both parties...

I will be cheering for him in camp.... 

Im not quite sure why you quoted me? Nothing on your post relates to what I said. 

I never downed on Louie in any way. Every player in the NHL is proud and competitive but if things arent going their way do they call out the coach in public and expose what he thinks of the situation? 

Like I said, these players are professionals getting paid millions. So act like it regardless of the situation.

I wish Louie all the best and hope he somewhat regains his old form but it starts with improving himself.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Shirotashi said:

Hes getting that chance and all negativity aside i hope he regains his old self because he was a damn good hockey player. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt hes getting older idk if theres much left in the tank.

Not only that, but he has essentially NO ability to play the fast-paced, aggressive forechecking style that Green coaches and most of the other players on the team can now play.  He was brought in to play with the Sedins, when we had a team centered on them and their playing style.  They're long gone and he's now a very square peg not understanding whey he can't squeeze into a round hole.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, DS4quality said:

I think the CDC is more whiney than Loui, most y'all just wanted more excuses to hate him. Nothing he said was wrong and Travis agreed with him. 

But don't let that stop the hate from the so called fans

look  I don't want to hate on loui  , but the biggest problem is it has been 3 years   , not one off seasaon  but 3 off seasons  , he has played  on the power play he has played top lines ,  but its the same results  no matter what line he plays on ,  just looks like no effort out there at all  , how can you play good defensive hockey if there is no contact with another  player , 3 frigging hits   in 80 games   how is that even possible  lol  

believe me I am a fan  ive seen some terrible teams and players since the 80,s  and im still a canuck fan   , loui looks like messier (when he was canuck ) out there giving a half assed effort out there  collecting his big check   so ive seen this movie before   and it doesn't end well for the player 

• Upvote 2

Can't imagine burying a 6M player in the minors. He will make the team... whether that's good for the team or not, will depend on how Loui plays.

I hope he brings some urgency to his game for the first time since signing with us knowing that his job and his NHL career is on the line.

1 hour ago, the grinder said:

look  I don't want to hate on loui  , but the biggest problem is it has been 3 years   , not one off seasaon  but 3 off seasons  , he has played  on the power play he has played top lines ,  but its the same results  no matter what line he plays on ,  just looks like no effort out there at all  , how can you play good defensive hockey if there is no contact with another  player , 3 frigging hits   in 80 games   how is that even possible  lol  

believe me I am a fan  ive seen some terrible teams and players since the 80,s  and im still a canuck fan   , loui looks like messier (when he was canuck ) out there giving a half assed effort out there  collecting his big check   so ive seen this movie before   and it doesn't end well for the player 

If you hit you get distracted yourself... If you play smart you cover at least 2 players instead of hitting one. PK isn't all about hitting. 

Petey would get more out of the game if he hit less. 

Let the big or dirty guys hit and let the players skate. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Alflives said:

Most people, and even most players, would go play in the minors and collect their money.  Loui is Swedish.  Look at Berglund.  He gave up similar money, because he hated the situation in Buffalo.  His skills were us serious decline, so he just went home.  Sundin had 10 million owed to him from us, but he chose to go home, because he was a shell of his former self.  Now Loui is learning he’s a shell of his former self.  He will retire.  

Fair points. 

It's not like Eriksson hasn't earned enough to live very well for the rest of his life.  

People are strange around money.  I think he could lose some friends in Sweden if he decides to cash cheques and tarnish is some way the Sedins legacy.  He was brought here to play with them and because of their connection to each other.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, khay said:

Can't imagine burying a 6M player in the minors. He will make the team... whether that's good for the team or not, will depend on how Loui plays.

I hope he brings some urgency to his game for the first time since signing with us knowing that his job and his NHL career is on the line.

Wade Redden says hi!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

Fair points. 

It's not like Eriksson hasn't earned enough to live very well for the rest of his life.  

People are strange around money.  I think he could lose some friends in Sweden if he decides to cash cheques and tarnish is some way the Sedins legacy.  He was brought here to play with them and because of their connection to each other.  

Nowadays people in Sweden would think he lost his mind if he retired. We're more like a state in US now. 

Sundin liked to have fun so I wasn't surprised when he retired. 

1 hour ago, Phat Fingers said:

Wade Redden says hi!

Absolutely - however that move was just as much about cap circumvention as it was about Reddens disappointing game.  If they didn’t close that loophole Shattenkirk would have already joined him ha ha.   

Its a possibility - as long as he’s given a fair shake - he’s definitely a better option on the fourth line then some.  Would be nice if he gets a turn on the PP/top six during camp and the preseason too - so JB/TG can compare what else they have and see what sort of effort LE is putting into it.   At the end of the day I’d rather have LE getting called up then Boucher or some other career AHLer.

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Sports isn't for quitters. And he quit trying as soon as he got here.

Disappointed like the rest of us for sure. I saw him live in OTT his first year and he was one the best forwards that game - he hustled every shift and made an impact on the outcome.   Have seen it in flashes the time he’s here (he always plays his heart out against Boston - go figure) at this point that’s the guy the team needs - and it’s also guy he will have to be if he wants to stick around.

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Nowadays people in Sweden would think he lost his mind if he retired. We're more like a state in US now. 

Sundin liked to have fun so I wasn't surprised when he retired. 

Loui looks like he is ready to party, or is at a party lounging every time he was on the ice last year.  Let's hope hockey gets in the way this year.  

• Haha 1

Loui sits in the 8-12 scale on our depth chart, and we have the best offensive depth since he signed 'the contract'

It's up to him and Green to put him into roles that he will excel at. PK is obvious as he was probably our best overall forward there.

He was pretty decent on the Horvat line late in the year, so playing him with a couple of heavier forwards to do more of the board work with him making plays , finding shooting lanes and being the defensive minded line mate is the best we can hope for.

With additions of Miller and Ferland, if he gets moved to the 3rd line, at least he has better players to work with.

We need him to have his best year, and as long as he stays healthy i believe he will.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Not sure if anything throwing out the hate on loui actually watched the video of the media scrum. I honestly have a lot of respect for him showing up and taking the interview. He knew the tough questions were going to be asked. He answered them directly and seemed genuine. He knows the situation isnt ideal but he's taking the high road. He's stating his commitment to the team and his support of Green. He reiterated multiple times that he thinks Green is a great coach and he feels they're on the same page. He said he's willing to play any role he's given. He's being very humble about a tough situation. I think we need to get off his back just a little. 

Edited by Yung1
  • Upvote 2