The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Pens 27/11/2019 - 4PM Pacific - Live on SNP

Rate this topic

xereau

1 minute ago, Wilfred said:

Except, you don't disagree. You don't get into a discussion with me. You call me a negative whiner. I'm not whining to anyone when I post my frustrations. I post them because I'm frustrated. I'm not being negative either. Hence why when I talk about this teams coaching, I say "they're currently being coached horrifically" because I understand coaching much like the performance of players isn't static and can change, get better, get worse. I've never said Green needs to go. I've only posted my frustrations at negative trends this team has shown, of which in my opinion, no doubt coaching influences.

But according to you, doing that makes me a whiner, and to silly goose, my parents never loved me which is why I'm just nothing but negative.

First, all you do is post negative trends, some not so fair IMO.

Second, do u think the coaching strategy or systems play has changed from the 1st period to the 2nd?  I doubt it.  But the team is winning the game now.  

The reality is this is a team that has to battle and play awesome to be a playoff contender- easier said than done.  This team is going to suck at times but that's just the nature of sports and where this team is at.

/END RANT

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Yup.   Games like this are exactly why he got drafted so high.  
He can be a physical and offensive force.  
BUT. 
Damn.  Why not all the time Jake?   Don’t you want 5 mill a year?   Lol.  

Pierres and cactus are not ready for 5 mill a year jake 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

So a terrible period attributes to Green.. 

Does that hold true for the reverse process? 

Just wondering.

To be fair we can still blame it on the lineups. He made some awful lines in the first and then guys got put back with who they should in the second (somewhat anyways) and the team played better. Can still argue bone headed coaching. 

1 minute ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

No both things can be true at the same time

This. When the team is playing well they can look pretty damn dominant, and Green should get some credit for that. Problem is that the team should be playing like that all the time, and the team shouldn't be getting scored on first every 2 out of 3 games. 

Green is the Virtanen of coaches. 

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Hopefully Jake doesn’t disappear after this game. He has a tendency to disappear after a good game 

hopefully he can build off this. 

Curled up in the corner shaking and crying so the team felt sorry for him.

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Goldy is a no show so far, just like Baer was. 

Only his first game back though. He better get going because he does not have much time before Canuck regulars are healthy and playing.

If he does not make something happen offensively this is his last shot with the Canucks imo. Just like with Baer.

This is why I agreed with Goldy and Baer getting sent down. We need the big physical players, especially if we make the playoffs. Can’t wait til we get everyone back including Roussel. Team will be that much more fun to watch. 

also criticizing Green doesent make you a troll, as some on here would have you believe. Team consistently not being ready to start the game is on him. Anyways I like him, but at the end of the day I just want the team to make the playoffs so we can have some real fun. 

2 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Goldy is a no show so far, just like Baer was. 

Only his first game back though. He better get going because he does not have much time before Canuck regulars are healthy and playing.

If he does not make something happen offensively this is his last shot with the Canucks imo. Just like with Baer.

Still better option than Eriksson, only took Goldobin 1 game to get a hit on the season, where it took Eriksson 14 games to get 1 hit :towel:

2 minutes ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Lol at people blaming Green for the first period shabackle saying it’s his fault for the team’s poor effort. 

then when the boys come out flying and score 4 unanswered goals... Guess who deserves credit for the turnaround? Oh yeah the coach! 

Y’all can be such trolls. :rolleyes:

Whatever was said, maybe it was Green, between periods worked. I'd give him credit if thats the case. They found their legs.  But the topic was how they start games. They proved in the second they can play at a better level. So why make their jobs harder on themselves. How many times do we fight back down 1 - 0?

• Upvote 1