Canucks Community

[GDT]: Canucks vs Isles, Feb. 1st, 2020, 10 PST on SNP

Rate this topic

Qwags

43 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Almost 25 yrs old

63 career NHL games

9 career NHL Pts.

He went on a hot streak in Utica but don't think he's going to be a full time NHLer all of a sudden.

He might get a game or two to see how he does in case if injuries later in season and in playoffs. 

I would think that it is up to Bailey. He has the size and skating ability to become a full time NHL'er. But not as a top line player. Size with skating is not easy to find. Green is playing a fast pace tempo and players like Bailey might fit that style perfectly. Sometimes players at this age realize that they are not going to be a star but that they want to play at the top level. 

Unreal wind here in Kamloops. 

I hope the shingle I see laying in my back yard isn’t off my roof, again. 

I might impersonate that guy who walks across a windy airplane wing as I go check out my roof for damage. It’s still blowing gusts of 70 or so, better, but still sucky. 

Anyone else get hammered by wind here in the interior? 

For the game, I hope the call-ups run with the ball and give JB options for the TDL. 

I predict a win. 

15 minutes ago, appleboy said:

I would think that it is up to Bailey. He has the size and skating ability to become a full time NHL'er. But not as a top line player. Size with skating is not easy to find. Green is playing a fast pace tempo and players like Bailey might fit that style perfectly. Sometimes players at this age realize that they are not going to be a star but that they want to play at the top level. 

Wishfull thinking.

You dont even need to mention top line player. He will have done great if he can stick on an NHL team as a 4th liner.

I mean i wish him the best but on a deep team like ours with  Ferland almost ready to return and Leivo in 2 or 3 weeks and Schaller waiting to get in lineup there is no way Bailey can get a full time spot. 

29 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I'm really glad it's a shoulder injury and not a concussion. 

At least there's some silver lining to this. 

Last thing you want is a guy battling mental health to get concussed, which is exactly what Karlsson was trying to do. 

Hope Erik gets his karma soon. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I might impersonate that guy who walks across a windy airplane wing as I go check out my roof for damage. It’s still blowing gusts of 70 or so, better, but still sucky. 

For the game, I hope the call-ups run with the ball and give JB options for the TDL. 

I predict a win. 

Gusts of 70 that’s cute try living on the north coast, had 80-115km winds all week

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Okay... what's your point 

you can be tall but if you play like Charmin your just Taylor Pylon version. 8.4. Big bodied forwards in the bottom 6 will only succeed if they play with an edge, fore check hard and finish their checks. Your height doesn't gift you an NHL roster spot

This is gonna be a difficult one. Islander coach set the structure for washington and has done the same to Islanders. Isles play structured and defensively and that makes this a big challenge for an offensive team like nucks. This game and tomorrow the oposite vs a high pressure type of team like canes. This will be a very close game and odds are definetly against us, early game and all that. Hoping for a 3-2 win. Markys save is etched in my mind :towel: and i hope Petey will score on the chances he gets.....if so, this game is ours!!! :canucks:

42 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I predict a win. 

No, but we're getting hammered here on the East Coast of the Island, again.

Last storm brought down one of my big trees, reeeally close to my shed!

• Cheers 3

29 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

No, but we're getting hammered here on the East Coast of the Island, again.

Last storm brought down one of my big trees, reeeally close to my shed!

Out in Langley with all that rain yesterday, I almost panicked and built an ark.  if it starts up again I'll save room for y'all canuck fans

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1