The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks vs Jets, Bubble Hockey Edition (Exhibition), July 29th @ 7:30pm PST, Sportsnet

Rate this topic

Petey just like on his one timer attempt in the first: It’s ok boys we’ll get it right next time! Just like the result. Controlled the play most of the game and hit a Vezina winning goalie. On to Sunday showdown against Minny.

7AA6DACD-CD10-406B-AFA2-B146845E1761.gif

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, tas said:

I fell asleep for the 3rd, but I think the first 2 periods were the worst hockey I've ever seen Quinn Hughes play. completely ineffective, not using his skating. if the Canucks are going to have a prayer, that needs to change in a damn hurry. 

Interesting, cuz I only caught the 3rd and thought Quinn was the best player on the ice...

He also looked 5% thicker too, in a good way. No concerns from me.

2 minutes ago, billabong said:

like it or not. It’s hard to disagree at this time.

Yeah, it's hard to disagree.  This is also following a year where Jake put up career numbers and showed obvious progression.  It's pretty discouraging.  If the plan is to move Jake (I hope not), sitting him here lessens his value, for sure.

4 minutes ago, billabong said:

Disappointing if true... Olli comes out if the fans doghouse and Jake goes in (again).

I want him to succeed so bad... you know what they say you can lead a horse to water but cant make them drink it..

1 minute ago, Jai604 said:

Yeah, it's hard to disagree.  This is also following a year where Jake put up career numbers and showed obvious progression.  It's pretty discouraging.  If the plan is to move Jake (I hope not), sitting him here lessens his value, for sure.

Yeah, I thought Jake was trending in the right direction ...he's 23...I hope we don''t see him kicking ass in another sweater because of Mr Green. 

14 minutes ago, nergish said:

Interesting, cuz I only caught the 3rd and thought Quinn was the best player on the ice...

He also looked 5% thicker too, in a good way. No concerns from me.

that's nice to hear. maybe I'll see if I can find the 3rd period somewhere to watch. 

I watched the game again. It was on repeat on sportsnet again, just ended..

OJ needs a full training camp and then brought along slowly.. See how he does as 7D with favourable matchups next season and go from there 

He can't handle the speed of the game. Couple bad giveaways and doesn't feel comfortable enough to make a play with the puck.. just tries to clear it. Made one good outlet pass in the 1st period. 

On 1 shift he had 2 giveaways .. Jets came very close to scoring.   

Needs to get used to the pace of the NHL game. Not there yet. 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Like the way Ferland & Roussel were skating.

They should keep Ferland in the lineup, he looked pretty good for what the game was. 

I worry about Rous and didn't dig his game yesterday.

I know he got the goal but ever since his surgery he has seem less Rooster-ish

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, billabong said:

That you can make up bs in your own mind. Nope, you're right hard to disagree with a person who has absolutely no clue what they're talking about.

Because that's how you secretly communicate within your species. Vague clues  drawn from Exhibition games in a Covid attack.

Like they are sitting Jake in order to trade him and not use him for the future. Honestly, Vancouver media can't be following the CRTC, they a bunch of haters that don't make sense.

He's just a complete hack.

Edited by Gawdzukes

19 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I was really impressed with OJ last night. Yeah it was just 6 1/2 minutes in an exhibition game, but for him it must have been pretty intense and there was a lot of pressure for him to not make a mistake. His skating speed still needs a little work but other than that I thought he looked great all things considered. I can see him pushing for the #7 spot on the roster next season with a bit more skating workouts over the fall. 

Hey Jimmy, where have you been. Were you banned or something? 

Alot of posters were implying you left over that JBP thread. No hard feeling's, people can have differing opinions. Enjoy the playoffs.

I think cap considerations could also influence what they do with Jake. 

They have tough decisions to make. If Jake is looking to get paid for what he did this year, then they have to find that $$$ somehow.

If they explore trading Jake; you can get something for him & free up the cap space he would take. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I worry about Rous and didn't dig his game yesterday.

I know he got the goal but ever since his surgery he has seem less Rooster-ish

During the season I agree. I know its only 1 game but I thought last night he was getting around the ice a little better. We'll see if the rest of his game comes once the intensity is turned up. 

• Cheers 2