The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Golden Knights -SUN AUG 23 7:30PM PACIFIC - NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS

Rate this topic

xereau

6 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Canucks definitely out of gas.

Wouldn't mind seeing us run around like Vegas is. Take our cheap shots when we get them (if they are going to do the same).

These refs are in the mood to call things & I like their game better 4 on 4, than 5 on 5. Maybe try to make that so. 

Rough ‘em up? Who have we got interested in doing that other than Roussel?

Edited by viking mama

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

We always seem to struggle against the Golden Knights.

Size, speed, physicality and a very good structure on both end of the ice.

All those qualities we have too, just not enough for 60 minutes. 

They’re still heroes to me, that playoff victory over St. Louis was a huge step for this group. If this team they’re playing just happens to be superior, so be it. Granted the Canucks are off their game tonight and Vegas is laser-focused. The guys can do better no doubt. I’ll be honest, I’m disheartened by how this game has gone so far, getting so heavily outplayed. But it’s one game. Sure Vegas might just be too superior to beat in a best of 7, but I want to see the guys give it their all and see what they can do! GCG!!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Boest-er said:

I want game 6 Travis Green, with everyone taking short shifts every shift, and rolling every line. Against this team we need all 4 lines rolling or else we are going to get tired so fast like right now.

do you really think he's saying "go ahead and stay out there awhile boys"?

12 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

chicago didn't look this bad against vegas at any point of their series lol

Because the Hawks didn’t have a play in series so they were fresh lol (Coilers were a warm up, didn’t offer much) Just relax all, boys will have a solid 3rd and rest of series. Too funny the panic. :towel:

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, canucksnihilist said:

Canucks are not ready for this game.  Not sure if it is reasonable to expect them to be ready....

this is a tough opponent.   The team has to elevate their game again - if they can!   A lot of teams take years to be able to play playoff winning hockey consistently.

u don’t seriously think this team will win 12 straight cups do u?  They can win a few during that span - with a lot of work and learning and player acquisition.

there is so much to learn.  This team isn’t used to taking a pounding.  They don’t have the size.  They need to win by taking hits and making plays.... take the punishment and win anyways

Excellent post!!! They needed to experience this tonight. Next level play.