The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Vegas Golden Knights | August 25th, 2020 | 6:45pm PT, SNP | R2G2

Rate this topic

Roberts

22 minutes ago, EoH said:

Hey just wondering if there’s somewhere I can stream the game or if it’s easier if I just purchase nhl centre ice, but I have no idea how the pricing works due to covid now.

Try sportsnet now

i have shaw cable so can stream sportsnet it works great

36 minutes ago, EoH said:

Hey just wondering if there’s somewhere I can stream the game or if it’s easier if I just purchase nhl centre ice, but I have no idea how the pricing works due to covid now.

The game is on CBC so you can just stream from their website

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

It's funny because before these playoffs, it was all "look at our record the past few years, no playoffs, this team is garbage, fire Benning and Green". Now we have made the playoffs, have had moderate success so far and if we get knocked out, it's going to be "why didn't we win the Stanley Cup, bad coaching and need better players, fire Benning and Green".

Seems to be a common theme for these people no matter how things play out. They haven't seen the growth of this team, but yet as soon as we make the playoffs, it's Cup or blow everything up.

Thanks for putting some context to the situation and understanding that we are moving in a positive direction no matter what at this point.

Bandwagon, fairweather fans have no idea how difficult it is to rebuild a team. I had a guy tell me the other day, "that Hughes kid is real good, the Canucks should find another one like him" lol.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, bree2 said:

young kids who love hockey are growing up with idols , all the chirping that the knights bench did , sure shows a bad side to hockey

We'll have to agree to disagree.  They aren't playing golf.  You can blow someone up with an open ice hit and drop the gloves but can't handle a little chirping?  Makes no sense to me!

If you can throw the other team off their game by simply talking to them then you absolutely should.

Seeing a clip of how distraught Hughes was on the bench and Sutter pep talking him killed me, I Hope now that he knows what’s coming he can find a way to deal with it out there and find a way to play ‘his’ game 

they target him because he is the biggest threat to them, hope he gets the chance to show them just how lethal he can be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

1040 said earlier today that Cuthbert and Reaves are summer neighbours - Reaves calls him "Dad"

Might explain why he got so many mentions and so much coverage

Aren't you thinking of the bald guy that does "After Hours"? He interviewed Reaves during the season. I think Reaves grew up with his son who he played hockey with. 

Trash talk is the least of our worries.

what else does your mom like GIF by emibob

We seemed out of sync and low on energy last game. Hopefully we see an invigorated Canucks team tonight.

Sticks to the hands is still a penalty isn't it?  That seemed to be preached all season and Playoffs.

Canucks win a tough one 3-2.

Go Canucks Go!!!!!

1 hour ago, MattJVD said:

The other games were:

March 8 vs CBJ, 2-1 Loss (pps were 3-2 for Van. We had a pp in the 2nd half of the 3rd period in a 2-1 game)

Feb 25 vs MTL 4-3 OT Win (pps were 2-1 Van. We had the only 3rd period pp which we tied the game with to win in OT)

Jan 12 vs MIN 4-1 Win (pps were 8-5 Van, including a 5 on 3)

Nov 14 vs DAL 4-2 Loss (pps 3-2 Van, PP was non factor for both teams)

Nov 12 vs NASH 5-3 Win (pps 3-2 Van, Van went 3 for 3 on the PP. Nash was given the last PP in the 3rd and made it a one goal game, Van added an EN)

I'm not sure I watched the Dallas game (I don't remember it at least), but from what I can recall the reffing was pretty average in the rest. Average to the point that you don't really notice the refs.

I think our collective angst against Sutherland is lingering from some terrible calls he made against us years ago. (Sedin vs Marchand, Sedin vs Wingles come to mind). I'm not saying he wasn't being an idiot then, but I don't think (and the numbers support) that it hasn't continued this season. 

Bottom line, he isn't going to be given the benefit of the doubt and shouldn't be allowed to work Canucks games.  An honest league would have fired him years ago for his complete lack of regard for integrity or professionalism.