The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Sep 1, 2020 | Golden Knights lead series 3-1

Rate this topic

TNucks1

5 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

It's not his clean hits I'm talking about. The bypas$&!# on Stone last game was a dirty bugger. He and Roussell is the only ones with such hits in their mind. 

Haha, bypass hit... 

Sometimes you take some, sometimes you give some.  

Vegas is hitting late and running guys all game long....I'm ok with some response to those.   I'd prefer a clean game, but they're just not to be in playoffs so fight fire with fire.  Screw Vegas.

1 minute ago, Robert Long said:

this is why I wanted to see Demko, before there was a problem. 

But, awesome opportunity for TD.

I think it would be a mistake to bring in a cold goalie (hasn't played in a while) into such a situation.

Correct time to use Demko was in the Vegas games that were already a foregone conclusion (to get him 'warmed up').

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

I had a feeling Marky tweaked the groin a few games ago 

props to him by playing through it 

it will not be easy for Demko to step in and Vegas will be sure to pepper him with shots

with that said the playoff experience would be valuable for Demko 

I remember that moment where he looked to be grimacing a bit too. forget what game though.

not surprised that he is battling through it.

I would be okay with either goalie starting tonight. faith in Green!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I think it would be a mistake to bring in a cold goalie (hasn't played in a while) into such a situation.

Correct time to use Demko was in the Vegas games that were already a foregone conclusion (to get him 'warmed up').

yup. Demko also wasn't "cold" he did see 10 mins vs  St Loius and he is a pro. I'm not sure why we have to be so afraid to use him. 

If Marky steals us one and we don't take those too much man penalties and we're not down 3-1.

I know, retrospect and woulda, coulda, shoulda.

We're still standing, it's not over yet....and if it is looking that way, this team will go down swinging. Its part of what makes this batch of Canucks so awesome.

Go Nucks.

39 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Sometimes you take some, sometimes you give some.  

Vegas is hitting late and running guys all game long....I'm ok with some response to those.   I'd prefer a clean game, but they're just not to be in playoffs so fight fire with fire.  Screw Vegas.

So why is Virtanen almost alone with those? His reputation can't be any good... 

6 minutes ago, Ferlands_Head said:

Not over till it's over. VGK after 4 games last year vs San Jose. 

5-0 Win, 5-3 Win, 6-3 Win   

5-2 Loss

Look Familiar? 

History repeats itself

5-2 Canucks tonight. 

Canucks in 7

Not to mention we haven't lost in the bubble on Tuesdays,Thursdays and Fridays :)

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

That’s quite the dedication.  For me it’s staying up that late ... definitely worth the lost sleep and the zombie state that follows the day after ha ha ..

All or nothing..:P. We can sleep, when we get old....

I've enjoyed the ride immensely, and wish it would continue.

But yeah probably slightly harder for the wife, when the alarm goes off in the early morning hours. Don't think she's too impressed all the time :lol:

• Haha 3