The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Sep 1, 2020 | Golden Knights lead series 3-1

Rate this topic

TNucks1

2 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

Why are talking like this is the last game the Canucks will ever play?

Because it could likely be the last Canucks game of this calendar year seeing how things have gone thus far in the world

Of course it's not over til its over though!! 

• Vintage 1

What ever happens tonight they should be very proud of themselves, they have shown some real potential here. I would love for them to extend the series but I'm not sure they have it in them. That 3 period collapse was telling....Marky is showing definitive signs of fatigue (from being superhuman in all those other games)  and some real breakdowns in coverage and they just didn't have it in them to mount a comeback. Bounces are key as well ...and maybe if they get some tonight..who knows....But I will be cheering them on regardless and virtually applauding them if this is last game. 

32 minutes ago, whcanuck said:

What do the Vancouver Canucks and Boston Red Sox have in common? They’re the only two North American pro sports franchises to come back from a 3-1 deficit to win a playoff series 3 times :)

Calgary in 94iirc but cannot think of the other two.

31 minutes ago, whcanuck said:

What do the Vancouver Canucks and Boston Red Sox have in common? They’re the only two North American pro sports franchises to come back from a 3-1 deficit to win a playoff series 3 times :)

I decided to look into the full numbers behind it.

The Canucks have been in a 3-1 series a total of 19 times in their history. Of those, 8 ended in game 5, 4 ended in game 6 and 7 ended in game 7.

When you narrow that down to the Canucks being the team down 3-1, only 3 times did they lose game 5, twice they lost game 6 and they went 3-1 in game 7s for a total record of 3 series wins and 6 losses. A 33% chance to win the series isn't really any worse than most people's odds on the Canucks before the series started. :lol:

• Vintage 1