The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] VGK @ Canucks - GAME 6 - Sept 3 2020 - 6:45PM Pacific - SNET, NBC, NHLTV

Rate this topic

xereau

26 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Please let it be so.... please, please, please... Wouldn't it just be magic :)

God dam work again so going to miss LIVE, very annoyed. Will be with you fellow Canucks fans in spirit and will keep off all media tomorrow so i can get back home from the hotel and watch Friday evening with the wife.

If there is a Game 7 definitely will be watching LIVE!!!!!

Team need to ride our goalie and get back to Game 2 performance. Don't engage with Reaves and others, keep them flat so they cant react, get the first goal and their frustration will kick-in.....sounds easy LOL. 

Will be on tomorrow night i hope celebrating but Go Canucks tonight.....bottom 6 please contribute.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

I think it's funny that you just glossed over the biggest difference. Tuch has 7 goals... That's a lot more than Jake's 1 goal.

So while they compare similarly in lots of areas, they are not providing similar team support.

If Jake had 7 goals, many people would not be complaining about his lack of physicality, but he has 1 goal. Therefore he needs to get his sh!# Together and start throwing the body or rush the puck, or get in a scrum or do something, anything. 

I think it's time people accept the fact that playoff Jake was wishful thinking

Agreed Jake is way too hyped by so many here it kind of makes me sick. He has been given more than his share of chances time and time again. He is a decent 3rd liner and that’s it. Nothing more. Stop asking more from this guy. It’s really not fair for him as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, canuktravella said:

mmm he does more than sutter roussel beagle eriksson pearson gaudette and macewen has done in this series are you done with them as well he makes decent plays and has more speed that all our slow vets  

Huh? So Jake has more faceoff wins? More pk time? 

Sorry but having speed and using speed are two different things.

Having size and using size are two different things.

All the players you listed have more heart and determination on each shift than Jake can put together in a series.

• Like 1

Jake isn’t even a 3rd or 4th liner, you gotta hit and skate hard neither of which he does. He is capable but just won’t do it except maybe once in a blue moon. Any stats that show he’s hitting are mere bumps not actual hits like Vegas is doing. I really can’t stand Jake because he has some good tools but has a terrible attitude and obviously doesn’t care about the team. The sooner he’s gone the better but I can’t imagine in my wildest dreams he can fetch a 1st rounder unless a GM is on good drugs. 

• Upvote 1

I just got off the phone with Greener (he lets me call him that)

I told him that, even though I’m 53 and can barely skate or shoot the puck and would likely mess up any line change I’m involved in, I’ve got a ton of heart and determination and want to win more than anything in the world

He says, “Yeah, so what?”

I explained that most of CDC have lost faith in Jake and really don’t feel he’s contributing this round

He was shocked!

As soon as my Covid results clear, that’s it. I’m lacing ‘em up and he’s putting me on the 4th line!

6 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

I just got off the phone with Greener (he lets me call him that)

I told him that, even though I’m 53 and can barely skate or shoot the puck and would likely mess up any line change I’m involved in, I’ve got a ton of heart and determination and want to win more than anything in the world

He says, “Yeah, so what?”

I explained that most of CDC have lost faith in Jake and really don’t feel he’s contributing this round

He was shocked!

As soon as my Covid results clear, that’s it. I’m lacing ‘em up and he’s putting me on the 4th line!

great, you can replace Jake and serve the bench minors....

• Haha 2

I got a good feeling about tonight's game. We won the last game without much of an attack. Our offence is due for another breakout game. I think we finally get some production from our bottom 6. I'm calling a great all round game by the whole team for another tight win, 5-4.

Last game I called a monster game by Demko and Petey on the winning goal!

• Cheers 2