The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Alex Pietrangelo to test free agency

10 minutes ago, Googlie said:

It's possible to hire a former player but the salary has to be in line with market value for the position.  Anything else and it's circumvention.  Benning said he talked to the league to make sure that Luongo was being paid market value for an entry level at that position.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, R3aL said:

If JB  could get Cernak and Savard that would be pretty cool.

cernak for cheap and savard for a reasonable price would beef up and upgrade our back end I think. 

Hughes-Cernak

Edler-Myers

Juolevi-Savard

Benn

Think that would be an upgrade on our defence. And it’s possible 

not sure what it would take to get savard but feel like we could snag cernak away from them for just picks

That's the spirit!:lol:

I'm sure there's moves incoming.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, mll said:

It's possible to hire a former player but the salary has to be in line with market value for the position.  Anything else and it's circumvention.  Benning said he talked to the league to make sure that Luongo was being paid market value for an entry level at that position.

Yeah - makes sense.  And with Green just at $1 million,  not much room for creativity there

See:

https://www.capfriendly.com/coaches

14 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

You have to wonder how Green feels about the moves so far. 

Well I’m gonna get fired ..

they’ve probably communicated their off season plan and vision and I’m sure he’s expecting them to follow through.

there is no way they are gonna take pieces away and be like improve upon last year buddy good luck!

right!? :sadno:

Edited by R3aL
  • Cheers 1

The Loui Conundrum.

At least JB seems to have learned his lesson.  The only players getting term in near future are Pettersson and Hughes.

I would send Loui down to Utica.  I think it could happen this season if he is out played at training camp by our young players.

He may retire if that happens.  I think he would see the writing on the wall.  Not just with Vancouver.  No other NHL team wants him.

• Cheers 1

I think JB should be trying to get someone like Ekblad, Ristolainen, or to a lesser extent Pesce, Severson, Cernak.  We need to add a minute-eating, good sized RHD who brings some meaningful offence who fits with the age of our team.  We are primed for a big push over the next 5 years with our current team and some the ELC's we have coming.  Demko/Holtby is a great tandem.  I don't think that JB should be afraid to be bold and move some assets for players like this.  Our downfall was our defence.  We have moved on from some heart and soul guys.  Barrie, Krug, Shattenkirk, Brodie would not have been right for what we need and I'm glad Benning didn't overcomit to any of these.  If he takes a shot at AP, I don't blame him and I will cheer him on, but I think we need someone around 25 not 30.  Go get him Jim!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

I think JB should be trying to get someone like Ekblad, Ristolainen, or to a lesser extent Pesce, Severson, Cernak.  We need to add a minute-eating, good sized RHD who brings some meaningful offence who fits with the age of our team.  We are primed for a big push over the next 5 years with our current team and some the ELC's we have coming.  Demko/Holtby is a great tandem.  I don't think that JB should be afraid to be bold and move some assets for players like this.  Our downfall was our defence.  We have moved on from some heart and soul guys.  Barrie, Krug, Shattenkirk, Brodie would not have been right for what we need and I'm glad Benning didn't overcomit to any of these.  If he takes a shot at AP, I don't blame him and I will cheer him on, but I think we need someone around 25 not 30.  Go get him Jim!

AP, Ekblad, Risto,

high in my list to bolster the D.

Tryamkin steps in on Edlers Departure..

if not sooner..  theoretically, Tryamkin could buy his contract out in the KHL.. but he seems like commited player,  hope he ends up here regardless.