The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Eklund] Virtanen to Boston?

Provost

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I agree. If Jake's being traded to the Bruins, a room filled with grit, with Bergeron, Marchand, Chara, etc. holding court, his mindset will change real fast. The Bruins have a physical, hard playing mentality and style. Jake will know exactly what they want from him, and he will either sink or swim. But if he swims...

Yeah, scumbags like Chara and Marchand will definitely be able to teach Jake how to act like a professional.  Virtanen has too much class to fit in with that group.

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Yeah, scumbags like Chara and Marchand will definitely be able to teach Jake how to act like a professional.  Virtanen has too much class to fit in with that group.

It’s weird for a team to have someone so in classy in Bergeron. Someone who exemplifies leading on the ice. A guy who literally dragged a stretcher out once for an opposing player who was hurt and then have someone like Marchand on your team. 

it is kind of baffling. 

5 hours ago, BCNate said:

I don't see that we would get Carlo for anything other than Boeser.  Carlo is a giant defensive top 4 D at 23.  He instantly becomes our 2nd best D behind Hughes.

Brother? Is this you inputting your 2 cents from the Hambone?

Jake will only be dealt with a cap dump and I don’t see Boston carrying dead weight contracts as they are a cap limit team. The Canucks have hardly any assets to use for cap dumps. This would never make sense.

Jake will likely be sent to Ottawa, Arizona or Florida. Not Boston

• Wat 1

26 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Jake will only be dealt with a cap dump and I don’t see Boston carrying dead weight contracts as they are a cap limit team. The Canucks have hardly any assets to use for cap dumps. This would never make sense.

Jake will likely be sent to Ottawa, Arizona or Florida. Not Boston

Why would he only be dealt with cap dump and/or to a budget team? Virt's next contract will be on a pretty team friendly type of deal, so even a team that's squeezed against the cap (like a Boston) might look to him as an option to shore up their offensive depth?

I think you're just making things up in your own head, tbh. Not seeing any merit behind your sentiment at all.

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs
  • Cheers 1

On 9/24/2020 at 5:40 PM, Provost said:

No single move is likely going to clear all our cap space, but a few moves that clear $1-2 million each accomplishes the same thing.

This. Though I'm hoping Jim can swindle an owner looking to shed real cash money. I'm currently crossing all appendages for an Erriksson/Stralman swap.

Effectively saves us +/-$2m of cap and fills our 3RD slot. Saves FLA ownership $5m of actual cash over the next two years ($3.5 of which this coming season).

I'm sure we'd still need to add a bit given Stralman can still actually.. You know.. play hockey :lol: But saving someone $5m is not small potatoes. This might be less PAINFUL than feared if we can swing something.

Hughes, Tanev

Edler, Myers/Stralman

Juolevi, Stralman/Myers

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

This. Though I'm hoping Jim can swindle an owner looking to shed real cash money. I'm currently crossing all appendages for an Erriksson/Stralman swap.

Effectively saves us +/-$2m of cap and fills our 3RD slot. Saves FLA ownership $5m of actual cash over the next two years ($3.5 of which this coming season).

I'm sure we'd still need to add a bit given Stralman can still actually.. You know.. play hockey :lol: But saving someone $5m is not small potatoes. This might be less PAINFUL than feared if we can swing something.

I had been beating the drum on that move last week.  It is possible that the Matheson move took that off the table.  Florida still needs someone to play defence, and unless they luck out and get Pietrangelo, I don't see them needing to move a guy who plays over 21 minutes a night for them.  The rationale for the move was the report they wanted to shed some money on defence to add to their offence.  Job done for them now probably.

4 minutes ago, Provost said:

I had been beating the drum on that move last week.  It is possible that the Matheson move took that off the table.  Florida still needs someone to play defence, and unless they luck out and get Pietrangelo, I don't see them needing to move a guy who plays over 21 minutes a night for them.  The rationale for the move was the report they wanted to shed some money on defence to add to their offence.  Job done for them now probably.

Send them Stecher's rights as well...? Hell they can have Virtanen's for a pick as part of the package.

To FLA:

Eriksson, rights to Virtanen and Stecher

To VAN:

Stralman and one of their two third rounders.

Jake would love South Beach :lol:

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

It’s weird for a team to have someone so in classy in Bergeron. Someone who exemplifies leading on the ice. A guy who literally dragged a stretcher out once for an opposing player who was hurt and then have someone like Marchand on your team. 

it is kind of baffling. 

Bergeron himself is no saint after crying like a baby to the media after Burrows gave him what he deserved.  That entire franchise is a disgrace to the sport.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

Bergeron himself is no saint after crying like a baby to the media after Burrows gave him what he deserved.  That entire franchise is a disgrace to the sport.

Agree to disagree. The finger bite was unnecessary. I get you're bias though which is why we love ya.

Personally I love Berg. Class act dude. Should be captain there.

• Upvote 1