The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] The Arizona Coyotes shopping the rights to Taylor Hall

-DLC-

40 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

erikkson + sutter + beagle + Ballard + Ferland + Messier's Canucks legacy for OEL (50% retained) and Hall's rights

I'm also willing to throw in one of our President's trophies to sweeten the deal

who says no?

How about adding one of Crazy George's drumsticks?  Maybe both of them if the Yotes GM is really tough in the negotiations.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BoKnows said:

erikkson + sutter + beagle + Ballard + Ferland + Messier's Canucks legacy for OEL (50% retained) and Hall's rights

I'm also willing to throw in one of our President's trophies to sweeten the deal

who says no?

Will they remove the memory of it from my brain? Because I’d be down. 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 2

50 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Used sock tape is too much to trade for the rights to Taylor Hall.

Don't need him.  Don't want him.  Every team he's been to has imploded.

to be fair, he's been on the edmonton oilers, nj devils, and arizona coyotes...  those franchises are trash with or without him.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Halls not getting any sort of pay-day that I’m sure he was hoping for.   Instead maybe more of the same (6-7 x ? )....at this sort of cap hit he might be worth the injury risk but one great year doesn’t appear to be his norm.   His average is around 60-65 points ... I’m sure with EP he’d help our team as the two of them could create some magic - and it would allow us to trade Pearson and move Miller down with Horvat ... but still even at that cap hit I’d be nervous.    He’s not impossible to fit into the lineup but his history is disturbing.   The stink of EDM started to wash off while in NJ but is still following him around. 

8 minutes ago, Yung1 said:

to be fair, he's been on the edmonton oilers, nj devils, and arizona coyotes...  those franchises are trash with or without him.

He’d be a great add to almost any top six.   Depending on the cap hit.   Guess ARI is done with him at this point so his ask is likely a lot more then they feel is worth it.    To me anything in the 6-7 range is worth looking at - more  not a chance.   

Well OEL is Leo spelled backwards so how about Leo Komarov for OEL? We can trade away players that are on other teams right? :ph34r:

(EDIT: I thought this was the OEL thread. Trade Adam Oates for Taylor Hall instead)

Edited by The Lock
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Used sock tape is too much to trade for the rights to Taylor Hall.

Don't need him.  Don't want him.  Every team he's been to has imploded.

To be fair he hasn't exactly been on a good franchise. Arizona sucks the life outta every player they get. New Jersey has been up and down going through an identity crisis. And don't even get me started on Edmonton's roller coaster of butt cheeks management. But with that said, I don't really care for Hall. Bit of an injury waiting to happen that guy and will likely be paid more than he's worth.

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

To be fair he hasn't exactly been on a good franchise. Arizona sucks the life outta every player they get. New Jersey has been up and down going through an identity crisis. And don't even get me started on Edmonton's roller coaster of butt cheeks management. But with that said, I don't really care for Hall. Bit of an injury waiting to happen that guy and will likely be paid more than he's worth.

Agreed. Arizona turns hockey players into golfers that can skate.