The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Flames sign Jacob Markstrom

14 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Canucks never discussed anything beyond 5 years with Markstrom. Doubt they offered 4 years for Tanev either.

I was more or less asking if anyone saw the podcast and knew about the offers.

Let me find the video

@D-Money they start discussing Markstrom and Tanev at about 22:10

Edited by GhostsOf1994
Video

25 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

I was more or less asking if anyone saw the podcast and knew about the offers.

Let me find the video

@D-Money they start discussing Markstrom and Tanev at about 22:10

Yeah... but it’s Dangle.

Besides, it was them talking about what Friedman said. If you go back to the source, Elliotte just said the deals weren’t that far off what Vancouver offered originally, just that at the time the players felt they were being lowballed. Not that they were exactly the same. He later said Vancouver got to 5 years before Markstrom’s camp decided to go to market.

Edited by D-Money
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Yeah... but it’s Dangle.

Besides, it was them talking about what Friedman said. If you go back to the source, Elliotte just said the deals weren’t that far off what Vancouver offered originally, just that at the time the players felt they were being lowballed. Not that they were exactly the same. He later said Vancouver got to 5 years before Markstrom’s camp decided to go to market.

So ... not Benning's fault .... ? :ph34r:

18 hours ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Anyone see the dangle podcast where the guys discussed markstrom and tanevs dela that they signed were offered by canucks early in Free agency? Both players bawked at the offers and sought deals elsewhere for more money?

Then realized with covid and static cap they weren't going to get what they thought they would..

Then calgary offered the exact same deal that the canucks did and they accepted?

Oh oh oh foolish pride oh oh foolish pride

Canucks didn't want to give them term. It was never an AAV problem, it was more of a term problem.

• Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, thundernuts said:

I would have been pissed if the Canucks gave Markstrom and Tanev the deals that they ended up with.

Same here, I hated to see them leave, and happy for Markstrom that he got a solid payday, but I think Calgary is going to really come to regret his contract at least, in about 2 - 3 seasons.

In all seriousness, What did we lose?..Personally I think we got better. We have a Stanley cup champ mentoring Demko, A better Dman than Tanev and if Feland can make a come back I'd be happy.

We have key pieces in each position and I am pretty dang sure that JB is not done yet...best Canadian team in the last playoffs, Don't forget that.

• Cheers 3

• 1 year later...
12 minutes ago, The King of Kings said:

Wouldn't have that here unfortunately with the team we'd put in front of him.

Sutter knows how to coach around a good goalie as evident with his time in LA.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Wouldn't have that here unfortunately with the team we'd put in front of him.

Sutter knows how to coach around a good goalie as evident with his time in LA.

And he's managed to make Lucic a decent NHL player again.  They are winning with Monahan being a ghost.  

Just now, amplified0ne said:

And he's managed to make Lucic a decent NHL player again.  They are winning with Monahan being a ghost.  

Sutter isn't a bad coach. He just needs the right team and the Flames found the players the last 2 seasons for him to work with on top of what they had already.

So far it's working well. Reminds me of Torts in year 2 with CBJ. Bobrovsky was stellar that year.

• Upvote 1

On 10/16/2020 at 9:25 PM, nux4lyfe said:

In all seriousness, What did we lose?..Personally I think we got better. We have a Stanley cup champ mentoring Demko, A better Dman than Tanev and if Feland can make a come back I'd be happy.

We have key pieces in each position and I am pretty dang sure that JB is not done yet...best Canadian team in the last playoffs, Don't forget that.

Wich one was better than Tanev?