The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Jayce Hawryluk

1 minute ago, combover said:

Pointless signing.

we have no bottom three forwards (Under contract) in the farm? After Six years of drafting you’d think we’d have guys that could fill this role.
But if it mean the foundational sutter leaves then fantastic. 
if sutter stays then just another Of the many pointless Line up Plug signings. 

cap for JV or gaudette doesn’t look great. 

You draft for the best players you can, what makes for a good top-9 doesn't necessarily translate to a good bottom 3. These players are cheap to sign each year so why bother wasting draft picks trying to find them when they can be had for nothing and a better sense of what they bring to the bottom 3 to boot. 

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Does he hit much? I looked on hockeyfights to see what he has done in that department, which was next to nothing when your fighting Point in the WHL and 1 AHL fight since turning pro, so that won't be something he brings to our organization 

He's not a fighter.  Think Motte with better skills.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

There is lots of time left for JB to sculpt that bottom 6, plus the depth that follows. 

I’m hoping it’s Sutter who is gone. 

I’m also still optimistic for a package trade consisting of players like Virtanen or Gawd + to fill that 3rd line spot with Adam Lowry. 

If we get Lowry and Savard, I’ll be in fan heaven. 

Lowry would be nice for sure, straight up for Jake?

Would like us to try and get Cernak over Savard as there is a big difference in age and contract control

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

He's not a fighter.  Think Motte with better skills.

He’s just as relentless from what I recall. 

There were only a few posters who mentioned his name this offseason. 
I think one of them was @oldnews, who must be pleased with the signing, much like he was when we had acquired Motte. 

To those few posters who referenced this guy, searchable info on here I’m sure, props.

I didn’t think JB would have room, which I now believe he must be making if he’s adding capable depth, unless he has plans to move out the players already under Beagle? 

As far as the move goes, it’s an upgrade in desire on anybody’s score card. Hard to bitch about a move that makes us a harder checking team, even if he isn’t Lowry or something tougher. 

Keep going, JB. 
Remove the passengers from the bus. 

• Cheers 4

2 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

You draft for the best players you can, what makes for a good top-9 doesn't necessarily translate to a good bottom 3. These players are cheap to sign each year so why bother wasting draft picks trying to find them when they can be had for nothing and a better sense of what they bring to the bottom 3 to boot. 

7 rounds @ 6 years to fill holes present and future.
He’s a fringe nhler we have those

5’11 196. Good depth for Utica I guess. 

hope it means JB has a plan to get rid of the Sutter and his past plug signings atleast this ones cheap. 

• Wat 4

5 minutes ago, combover said:

7 rounds @ 6 years to fill holes present and future.
He’s a fringe nhler we have those

5’11 196. Good depth for Utica I guess. 

hope it means JB has a plan to get rid of the Sutter and his past plug signings atleast this ones cheap. 

If all our Cs stay put, then I’d agree it’s a redundant move, but even for Utica, JB could have plans that impact the depth chart enough to buy this insurance policy. 

I’m optimistic for the first time in years that this offseason-story Will have a happy ending. I will kick Kim in his old but if he lets me down :lol:

1 minute ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Agitator? Meh, that’s not my take, but others here know his game better than I. 

Have you watched him play enough to say otherwise, or?

I will honestly say I haven't seen him enough to know for sure, but all official descriptors have called him a pain in the ass to play against. He may not be much of a fighter, but he has hit those high PIMs as well to suggest that he's doing something other than constantly hooking/tripping players.

• Cheers 1