The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks lineup 2021 season

Rate this topic

Ms.Glitter

Hi I heard on the radio earlier someone mention about potentially juggling the lineup this coming season, and it could be very interesting, especially with the development of the young guys and the up and comers.  Petterson is such a threat alone that he could be deployed alongside more supporting players such as a MacEwan, Gaudette etc.

This would free up Miller and Boeser to present such a greater scoring threat for our other lines. 

Wouldn't it be great if Lind or Hoglander were ready?

Thanks guys!  be well , take care, we are all loved.

Miller - Petterson - Virtanen         Miller - Petterson - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - Eriksson         Pearson - Horvat - Virtanen

Roussel - Gaudette - Boeser       Roussel - Gaudette - MacEwan

Motte - Beagle - Sutter                 Motte - Beagle - Sutter

Eriksson                                       Eriksson

Edler - Myers                                Hughes - Myers              

Hughes - Schmidt                         Edler    -  Schmidt

Juolevi - UFA/Trade                     Juolevi  -  Chatfield
Benn                                             Benn

Demko/Holtby

Edited by Ms.Glitter
  • Like 1

I wouldn’t put MacKewn in the top 6 or match Edler and Myers together. I’d go with this

Miller-Pettersson-Virtanen

Pearson-Horvat-Boeser

Baertschi*-Gaudette-Sutter

Roussel-Beagle-Motte

MacKewn

Hawerlyuk

Hughes-Schmidt

Edler-Rafferty

Juolevi-Myers

Benn

Holtby

Demko

LTIR Ferland - Don’t see him playing in the NHL again. Hope he just calls it a career instead of trying to come back for 1-2 games here and there and getting hurt again.

*Really think Baertschi is a NHL player. He got screwed over last year tbh. Should have made the roster over a couple guys. Either Baer or Hawyrluk in the this spot.

Eriksson can’t be on this team anymore. He’s not an NHL player and has just given up trying. Got his money and checked out. AHL with him

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Ms.Glitter said:

Hi I heard on the radio earlier someone mention about potentially juggling the lineup this coming season, and it could be very interesting, especially with the development of the young guys and the up and comers.  Petterson is such a threat alone that he could be deployed alongside more supporting players such as a MacEwan, Gaudette etc.

This would free up Miller and Boeser to present such a greater scoring threat for our other lines.  Any thoughts? 

5v5

Miller Petterson MacEwan      

Pearson Horvat Virtanen

Roussel Gaudette Boeser

Motte  Beagle  Sutter

Eriksson

Edler Myers

Hughes Schmidt

Juolevi UFA/Trade
Benn 

Demko/Holtby

B

Brock on the third line? Really?

• Huggy Bear 1

Given how they kept bringing Zack up last year and played him with Bo from time to time in the regular season, I could see him getting turns here and there.
Not sure how I feel about Brock in the bottom 6 though; as well as he can pass, if the line-mates aren't able to finish those passes then the whole play goes for nothing (besides Gaudette, none of the overpriced guys are capable of scoring besides off of scrambles or jam plays).

Based off of chemistry I think I'll stick with functional duos and add a supporting winger next to them.
Miller - Pete - Brock (Lotto Line works and Brock did well with them, so he should get the first shot at it)
Pearson - Bo - MacEwen (I'd try Zack here - he's got size, wheels and a shot and is probably a straight-line player who'd fit here)
Motte - Gaudette - Jake (Gaud and Jake have chemistry; all 3 have wheels and can score, and Motte helps them defensively)
Roussel - Beagle - Sutter (barring Hawryluk or, less likely, Baertschi stealing a spot we'd be left with this)

/ Hawryluk, Baertschi

Edited by Phil_314
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, Ms.Glitter said:

This would free up Miller and Boeser to present such a greater scoring threat for our other lines.  Any thoughts? 

5v5

Miller Petterson MacEwan      

Pearson Horvat Virtanen

Roussel Gaudette Boeser

Motte  Beagle  Sutter

Eriksson

Edler Myers

Hughes Schmidt

Juolevi UFA/Trade
Benn 

Demko/Holtby

I seem to remember that 3rd line from Jan 16 to the end of the 1st period Jan 27. 

The team did well, but Brck did not look good.

I think the concensus was that Brock's value was falling during that experiment.

14 hours ago, Ms.Glitter said:

5v5

Miller Petterson MacEwan      

Pearson Horvat Virtanen

Roussel Gaudette Boeser

Motte  Beagle  Sutter

Eriksson

Edler Myers

Hughes Schmidt

Juolevi UFA/Trade
Benn 

Demko/Holtby

The problem with that line-up is that Boeser isn’t strong enough to carry Gaudette.   That line-up wouldn’t be as balanced as people might think.  Ultimately, you’d just be weakening your top 6.

My guess is that Eriksson will still be on this team and Green will keep the

Pearson-Horvat-Eriksson line in tact.    We can hate on Eriksson all we want, but that line as a unit is about as reliable as they come.  Eriksson plays some solid one way hockey on there.

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Eriksson (Ferland)

Roussel-Gaudette-Virtanen

Motte-Beagle-MacEwen

Sutter

The only way I see Eriksson being sent down, is Ferland is healthy and ready to play.

I also think Sutter will be used as part of a “load management” strategy, and yes, I realize that the term “load management” sounds like something that was invented at Neverland Ranch.    I think the Canucks will keep Sutter as insurance just Incase and injury occurs at center and/or if Gaudette can’t take ownership of the 3rd line C spot.

As far as D pairings go, I think Edler will play with Schmidt while Hughes will play with Myers.    That way, both pairings will have a prolific PMD.     

Having said that, I could see Hughes and Schmidt playing together with the Pettersson line If Pearson-Horvat-Eriksson stay together.   If Virtanen or whoever steps up to play an offensive role with Horvat and Pearson, then I can definitely see Hughes and Schmidt being split up to propel both lines from the back.

Edited by DarkIndianRises
  • Thanks 1

Miller  Pettersson  Boeser 

Pearson  Horvat  Virtanen

Roussel  Sutter/Gaudette  S/G again

Motte Beagle  MacEwen

Hawler

If Ferland can play that pushes someone out opening day. Probably AG or ZM

Loui and Sven pass through waivers and are still options later in the season.

Hughes    Myers

Edler        Schmidt

Juolevi     Benn

Rathbone     ???

Juolevi and Rathbone can switch up depending on the type of opponent with Juolevi getting more games overall.

Benning brings in another RD or prospects fight for the last spot.

Demko  Holtby

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Lol, quit reading after MacEwan.

I don’t mind the idea of “spreading the wealth” so to speak in order to create more depth, but I’m not sure if we’re there yet as a team.  We aren’t elite yet and so any attempts to “manufacture depth” would likely just end up being a wet fart.

Ferland-Pettersson-Virtanen

Pearson-Horvat-Eriksson

Miller-Gaudette-Boeser

Roussel-Beagle-Motte

Is the closest that I can think of in terms of attempting to create three balanced lines, but this would likely result in failure aka the wet fart.

Miller - Pettersson - Virtanen

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser

Pearson - Sutter - Hawrlyuk

Motte - Beagle - MacEwan

Roussel

Hughes - Myers

Edler - Schmidt

Juolevi - Benn

Brisebois, Rafferty

Demko

Holtby

Erickson on waivers

forgot Gaudette. Could put him third line and drop Hawrlyuk down, maybe try him on Horvat’s left side. There’s options...

Edited by NorthWestNuck

Miller  Pettersson  Boeser 

Pearson  Horvat  Virtanen

Roussel Gaudette MacEwen 

Motte Beagle Sutter

Hawler

Eriksson and Baertschi to Utica

Ferland on IR

Hughes-Myers 

Edler-Schmidt

Juolevi-Benn/Rafferty

Rathbone / Brisebois

Demko  Holtby

Edited by vannuck59
Another Player

46 minutes ago, DarkIndianRises said:

I don’t mind the idea of “spreading the wealth” so to speak in order to create more depth, but I’m not sure if we’re there yet as a team.  We aren’t elite yet and so any attempts to “manufacture depth” would likely just end up being a wet fart.

Ferland-Pettersson-Virtanen

Pearson-Horvat-Eriksson

Miller-Gaudette-Boeser

Roussel-Beagle-Motte

Is the closest that I can think of in terms of attempting to create three balanced lines, but this would likely result in failure aka the wet fart.

Do teams typically put 2 of their top 5 scorers on the third line? And why would you put Pettersson with 2 guys he likely would not have chemistry with as they don't have the same IQ?

First line will be Miller - Pettersson- ?

your 2nd line will stand

3rd will likely be Virt-Gaud-Sutter

4th, yup. With maybe BigMac getting time there.

But, who knows? you could be totally on spot, no one has a crystal ball. And who knows what surprises/disappointments will come at camp?

Thanks for reading,

K