The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

24 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Seeing how high the numbers are climbing in Ontario and Quebec, do you guys/gals think BC may be understating our number of cases? Or are we doing that much of a better job social distancing?

Hard to say, like others have covered, that's why I think the state the hospitals are in is probably a better indicator of how things are going.  Hard to sum up in a number, I know, but I think it is most important with this virus.

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, bree2 said:

I believe BC is understating the numbers due to many cases not being tested

this is almost certainly the case. But this is actually a good thing, it just means the percentage of severe cases is lower than we're seeing by the current tracking numbers. The focus needs to stay on the number of hospitalizations and how that line tracks. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I am noticing that more and more posters use to instead of too.

It seems that Trump supporters are exporting their English language skills to Canada.

Otherwise known as The Trump Affect?

:bigblush:

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, wloutet said:

Trump is on right now, 2:15 PM. He is saying how many people they have tested. Then he goes on to say that this is "More than anyone else, by far".  It may be, by why does he have to make it a contest every time.

well when you delay testing so long

to be effective

you actually have to do an exponential amount of more testing

to achieve the same information as early testing would reveal

at some point testing no longer assists with tracking

as the numbers of cases gets too high

and then you have to wonder why the testing would be taking place on the front end

it might be better to do it at the back end to confirm infected are cured

but trump is all about numbers

so i can see he will focus on ramping up those test numbers now

20 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

I'm sure their death toll will ramp up soon but currently the case-death ratio for USA isn't so bad in comparison.  Canada is better of course. The China stat line is just a joke.

I assume he wants to amplify that they have done the most tests as a reason to why they have the most confirmed total cases.

image.thumb.png.d72090d199c90c918bbcda060aa5cc0a.png

Just wait until the USA starts getting overloaded in their hospitals, then s*** is going to hit the fan down there, thats scary.  Right now, like Canada, we are doing ok with hospitals, but talking with a buddy who works at the hospital, he's afraid for about 2 weeks from now if things start going south and they will be really screwed.

• Upvote 1

It seems that Trump supporters are exporting their English language skills to Canada.

Here is a legal sentence in the right order. Punctuate it properly to have it make sense: (Yes there are 11 "hads" in a row)

John while James had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect of the teacher

17 hours ago, Violator said:

In Sechelt most places are closed two of the three hardware stores are closed only the rona is open and they close every two hours for cleaning.the ferries are dead going to Horseshoe Bay.They are only loading the bottom deck now.

Rumour has it the ferry company and the union have met with the bc government- layoffs maybe coming.

3 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

The power of authoritarianism. It's great for getting $&!# done. Meanwhile here if we want to get anything done effectively it takes a couple weeks - if it gets done at all. 

I member when Trudeau got crapped over for saying almost the same thing.

26 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

25 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Two too or not to two....

There, their, they're  it's going to be ok. 

• Haha 2

Hackers are using these fake coronavirus maps to give people malware

As people seek out information about the spread of COVID-19, hackers are circulating fake dashboard that purport to show maps tracking the spread of coronavirus but that actually infect people's computers with malware when opened.

The tactic starts with hackers circulating links to malicious websites disguised as COVID-19 maps, either on social media or through misleading emails.

To avoid the malware, people are advised to stick to verified COVID-19 tracking maps, and to always use a VPN or proxy.

https://vpn4test.org/

50 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Seeing how high the numbers are climbing in Ontario and Quebec, do you guys/gals think BC may be understating our number of cases? Or are we doing that much of a better job social distancing?

A Royal Columbian ER Doctor said the same thing on TV last night.   He said he even sent some people home that likely Have COVID19 but were not tested.  In other words, not enough testing and people slipping through the cracks.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/sean-wormsbecker-coronavirus-testing-bc-1.5514430

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

this is almost certainly the case. But this is actually a good thing, it just means the percentage of severe cases is lower than we're seeing by the current tracking numbers. The focus needs to stay on the number of hospitalizations and how that line tracks. 

And theyve outright said only essential tests will be given, which is why it is so important for us all to isolate.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1