The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

24 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Avoid it in general unless perhaps you're a special use case like an elderly individual or healthcare worker. Possible long term repercussions of the vaccine aren't known. And in general you wouldn't put anything into your body if you didn't require it - antibiotics, medications, supplements, etc.  That is simply common sense most of us use every single day but some are willing to ignore because the government says it is okay to. 

do you drink?

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Avoid it in general unless perhaps you're a special use case like an elderly individual or healthcare worker. Possible long term repercussions of the vaccine aren't known. And in general you wouldn't put anything into your body if you didn't require it - antibiotics, medications, supplements, etc.  That is simply common sense most of us use every single day but some are willing to ignore because the government says it is okay to. 

Typically, for most medications/vaccines "long term side effects" are caused by 1) long term use, 2) overdose of medication or 3) adverse reaction to medication.  For vaccines, 1) doesn't really apply and 2) is determined during early development of the vaccine.  That leaves 3) as the only real vehicle for "long term side effects".  Thing is, adverse reactions are something that occurs usually right after taking the vaccine.  That is why there is the warning about allergic reactions.  This is also something that is determined during phased trials.  PHASED TRIALS did happen.

Also.  I would love to know of a vaccine that has worse side effects/death rates than the disease that the vaccine is protecting patients from.  As far as I'm aware of, the chances of death or serious long term side effects from a vaccine is far far far less, like orders of magnitude less, than the death rate and serious long term effects of the actual disease.  I'm fairly certain that with the COVID vaccines, this is the case as well.

Edited by thedestroyerofworlds
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

US CDC Covid cases rise by

Wed 9 Dec 2020 18:25:56 GMT

Covid statistics for December 9, 2020 from the CDC

• New cases 217,046 vs. 186,215 yesterday
  • Deaths 2566 vs. 1532 yesterday
Big jump in cases and deaths as reported from the CDC
Edited by nuckin_futz

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

US CDC Covid cases rise by

Wed 9 Dec 2020 18:25:56 GMT

Covid statistics for December 9, 2020 from the CDC

• New cases 217,046 vs. 186,215 yesterday
  • Deaths 2566 vs. 1532 yesterday
Big jump in cases and deaths as reported from the CDC

US numbers are always lower on Sunday and Monday. By looking at the graph it is a consistent thing. 

• Wat 1

18 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

There are people who subscribe to the Darwin Theory of Alcohol Consumption - specifically the part where Darwin proclaims "survival of the fittest" - whereby alcohol kills off the unfit cells which are dragging down the more fit cells by consuming needed resources and nutrition, and the fittest cells can then proliferate without competition as a result of alcohol killing off the unfit cells.  

Apparently also has specificity for brain cells too.

:bigblush:

I was convinced early in the pandemic that my alcohol consumption was killing Covid....

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

lets leave the medical advice to medical professionals. 

I'm not saying the vaccine is safe or it isn't.  But nobody can deny that this vaccine has been fast-tracked, meaning the developers have NOT gone through the same time-frame with regards to clinical trials (yes, they did trials, but instead of taking many years they took a few months).  I'm not saying they didn't follow protocols and/or regulations but they HAVE been fast-tracked meaning there is zero data from the clinical trials to determine what the longer-term negative effects of the vaccine are - if there are any at all? 

Because of this I don't think it's unfair to question the safety of the vaccine, especially long-term side effects.  Again, I'm not saying the vaccine is safe or it isn't - but this vaccine has zero long-term clinical trial data and therefore is open to some degree of questionability in my view. 

• Upvote 1

Florida Megachurch Pastor Tells Evangelical Congregants Not To Take COVID-19 Vaccine

A prominent Florida megachurch pastor has advised his congregants not to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, urging them to “believe in divine immunity” instead.

Guillermo Maldonado, founding pastor of the Miami-based King Jesus International Ministry and a loyal supporter of President Donald Trump, shared already debunked claims from the pulpit on Sunday about the vaccine altering DNA and being used to track people down.

The Pentecostal preacher imbued those conspiracy theories with religious significance by connecting them to his beliefs about the end of the world. Pointing to verses from the Bible’s Book of Revelation, Maldonado suggested that the coronavirus vaccine would help lay the groundwork for the coming of the Antichrist.

“Do not [take] the vaccine. Believe in the blood of Jesus. Believe in divine immunity,” Maldonado said in a bilingual sermon that was translated live and streamed on Facebook.

He also claimed God had warned him about a “satanic global agenda” that is trying to establish one worldwide religion and bring the Christian church under governmental control ― an idea that echoes decades-old conspiracy theories about a global elite secretly working to create a “new world order.”

“They want to stop President Trump because he’s against that agenda,” Maldonado said.

King Jesus International Ministry did not respond to HuffPost’s request for clarification.

The Miami megachurch is where the Trump campaign launched its “Evangelicals for Trump” coalition in January. The church reportedly received between $2 million and $5 million in forgivable loans under federal rescue legislation designed to help small businesses during the coronavirus pandemic.

more nonsense in the link -------> https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/guillermo-maldonado-covid-19-vaccine-evangelicals-212356710.html

Stop messing around. Revoke this church's tax exemption for actions contrary to public safety.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

26 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Florida Megachurch Pastor Tells Evangelical Congregants Not To Take COVID-19 Vaccine

A prominent Florida megachurch pastor has advised his congregants not to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, urging them to “believe in divine immunity” instead.

Guillermo Maldonado, founding pastor of the Miami-based King Jesus International Ministry and a loyal supporter of President Donald Trump, shared already debunked claims from the pulpit on Sunday about the vaccine altering DNA and being used to track people down.

The Pentecostal preacher imbued those conspiracy theories with religious significance by connecting them to his beliefs about the end of the world. Pointing to verses from the Bible’s Book of Revelation, Maldonado suggested that the coronavirus vaccine would help lay the groundwork for the coming of the Antichrist.

“Do not [take] the vaccine. Believe in the blood of Jesus. Believe in divine immunity,” Maldonado said in a bilingual sermon that was translated live and streamed on Facebook.

He also claimed God had warned him about a “satanic global agenda” that is trying to establish one worldwide religion and bring the Christian church under governmental control ― an idea that echoes decades-old conspiracy theories about a global elite secretly working to create a “new world order.”

“They want to stop President Trump because he’s against that agenda,” Maldonado said.

King Jesus International Ministry did not respond to HuffPost’s request for clarification.

The Miami megachurch is where the Trump campaign launched its “Evangelicals for Trump” coalition in January. The church reportedly received between $2 million and $5 million in forgivable loans under federal rescue legislation designed to help small businesses during the coronavirus pandemic.

more nonsense in the link -------> https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/guillermo-maldonado-covid-19-vaccine-evangelicals-212356710.html

Stop messing around. Revoke this church's tax exemption for actions contrary to public safety.

government should have told that church, "No money for you, let your God figure out a way for you to survive."

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, Stelar said:

Its pretty sad that we have to rely on our government to institute tougher regulations to help with the spread. This isn't Trudeau's fault, it isn't Kenny's fault, It's not Horgan or Bonnie Henry's fault.  It's our fault......Jesus, why can't people just act responsibly. Stay home as much as possible, support restaurants with online ordering, curbside pickup to support stores, if you have to shop then wear a mask and social distance.  This $&!# isn't difficult folks.

I disagree there.  JK has done nothing but fan the fire of discontent and government mis-trust in his time in office.  He panders to his base and promotes an "outlaw" attitude and now it's biting him in the ass.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

I disagree there.  JK has done nothing but fan the fire of discontent and government mis-trust in his time in office.  He panders to his base and promotes an "outlaw" attitude and now it's biting him in the ass.

Show me anywhere where he has stated to not follow any of the guidelines. Again, I am not a supporter of his but he has not been the problem. He is trying to balance the economic issues with the health issues and Albertans have failed at it. Otherwise our cases wouldn’t be where they are 

• Cheers 1