The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

40 minutes ago, Kushman said:

I'm pretty close to just avoiding this forum until hockey comes back.

The amount of hate towards Trump and anyone that may support Trump is disgusting. Liberals claim to be tolerant, but it's become crystal clear that all you are tolerant of are opinions that mirror your own. Anyone that doesn't share the same viewpoint is labeled idiot, racist, xenophobe, insertword-phobe, etc. Anyone that didnt vote how you would of voted is immediately categorized as lesser. Trump derangement syndrome has never been stronger and has taken over this forum. I disagreed with Obama on almost every policy but never would i go out of my way to wish death upon him like some of the posters have on this forum. Nor did I ever attack him or anyone that voted for him with the hate that is seen here (I'm sure I would of been banned if I wrote half the stuff about Obama that you guys do about trump)

/rant. See you when hockey returns. This place has become more toxic than the actual virus we are all trying to get through.

i have nothing against you personally

i try to avoid personalizing posts

my response here is to suggest you look at the facts though

trump claimed the virus was a hoax

stood idle

did nothing

prevented states from doing testing, as cdc controls that issue, and the test kits

they bungled the first test kit

greatly delayed testing until march

(bc has been testing since january)

he has gone on and on recently about medical supplies

he uses the time of crisis to attack others who are trying to be productive

he is not productive, but counterproductive

many many will die in the usa due to his inaction

so i think there are very good grounds to be very critical of trump

that is not trump derangement syndrome

but reality

label it anyway you choose though

does not change his responsibility for the poor outlook in the usa regarding this virus

i have friends and relatives in the usa

some will be affected by this

not too concerned if this hurts your feelings somehow

but hurt feelings likely are because you prefer to stay in denial on this issue

so that's on you

Edited by coastal.view
  • Cheers 4

I normally don't agree with Trump, but I'm calling this the "Chinese virus". The fact that they tried to blame the US, and then when that backfired, tried to blame Italy is disgusting. It's their horrible and disgusting treatment of animals that has caused this. Take some damn responsibility.

• Wat 2

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Calling it the China virus is a stupid idea that some well known troglodytes could help but resort to. 

There are plenty of Chinese people who are victims of this as much as anyone else.

In fact, there is supposedly a massive movement in China by the younger generations to rebel against Xi Jinping, who truly is a horrific public figure and should be held to task for overseeing the coverup. 

well said Mr. Blunt 

• Cheers 1

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Calling it the China virus is a stupid idea that some well known troglodytes could help but resort to. 

There are plenty of Chinese people who are victims of this as much as anyone else.

In fact, there is supposedly a massive movement in China by the younger generations to rebel against Xi Jinping, who truly is a horrific public figure and should be held to task for overseeing the coverup. 

I think Trump was fooled when China was covering up how bad Covid actually was. China fooled everyone though. I also think that the numbers in China are watered down, probably for both their and the international public opinion, more so their own peoples though.

So in a way I blame China but not to that much of a extent. The leaders there.

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Almost 1.5 billion people in China. To generalize the problem to all of them is extremely unfair. To attack Chinese leadership... fire away. They reported 5 COVID-related deaths today. I'm sure.

Something to open up for discussion because I'm still not clear on the cause of COVID. Was it specific to a bat from a wetmarket or a bat from a cave or something else (hoping for legitimate links and not conspiracy theories). I ask because China has now opened back up their wet markets. Even if they did not influence COVID, they are known for the risk of causing infectious diseases:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16940861

• Cheers 2

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

I think Trump was fooled when China was covering up how bad Covid actually was. China fooled everyone though. I also think that the numbers in China are watered down, probably for both their and the international public opinion, more so their own peoples though.

Blaming China, at least in my mind, lays blame on the entire country, including the thousands of people who have died in the country from Covid-19. These people were just as duped and lied to by their scumbag leader Jinping, as every other country. 

Calling it Jinping Flu makes sense to me. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Good point. As much as China might be trying to misinform the world, they put a lot more effort into misinforming their own people. There is a reason sites like Twitter are blocked there. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Down by the River said:

Almost 1.5 billion people in China. To generalize the problem to all of them is extremely unfair. To attack Chinese leadership... fire away. They reported 5 COVID-related deaths today. I'm sure.

Something to open up for discussion because I'm still not clear on the cause of COVID. Was it specific to a bat from a wetmarket or a bat from a cave or something else (hoping for legitimate links and not conspiracy theories). I ask because China has now opened back up their wet markets. Even if they did not influence COVID, they are known for the risk of causing infectious diseases:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16940861

For sure. The government in China does a horrible job of telling the truth and curbing these viruses. Truly disgusting. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Blaming China, at least in my mind, lays blame on the entire country, including the thousands of people who have died in the country from Covid-19. These people were just as duped and lied to by their scumbag leader Jinping, as every other country. 

Pooh Flu 

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, mayor MCcheese said:

I normally don't agree with Trump, but I'm calling this the "Chinese virus". The fact that they tried to blame the US, and then when that backfired, tried to blame Italy is disgusting. It's their horrible and disgusting treatment of animals that has caused this. Take some damn responsibility.

exactly what does that accomplish ?

name calling makes you feel better ?

3 hours ago, wloutet said:

All of the BC Math courses for grade 10 to 12, except Calculus can be found FREE for as long as this carries on at:

http://studymatrix.net/

The site is being put up by the company free for teachers and students. I have used this in my classes. Very good videos (interactive), exercises and quizzes. Hope this helps.

Thats the age group of kids I am worried for.  I remember being in 10 or 11 and we had that teacher strike (or threat of it in the middle of the year) and we are on a timeline to cram a lot of info into 4 months so those kids I feel for during this where those grades and learning are so critical.  Pretty much K-9 can be a wash and whatever but 10-12 is such critical specific work towards kids college and careers, etc that each day to learn is pretty damn important.  Yea they will all "pass" but going from 10-11 math and if its semesters and missing 2/3 of the course, yea your really going to struggle the following year.

8 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

That's just the subjective language aspect of it though. Makes it easy to assume generalization. Some people may blame China but they may mean the government/leaders there, requires elaboration before judgement IMO, I am guilty of it. There are people blaming the people there because of their eating/medicinal habits. Even China says they want to restrict those aspects (poaching/eating/medicinal/etc) but it's clear that they're half-assing it. I don't think they will anymore.

That said Trump is never elaborate about anything. Easy to twist his words, especially for the media. Awful quality about him or any leader when it's that bad. Could be eaten up if the Demo's had a good candidate.

Edited by Junkyard Dog

What I don’t understand is how there’s a lab in Wuhan that supposedly studies these kinds of viruses first hand. Should they not either already have a vaccine for them or at least be much farther ahead than the rest of the world?

If they’re not researching a way to stop these viruses what are they doing? *Puts on tinfoil hat*

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, mayor MCcheese said:

And who takes responsibility for the inevitable racism directed at people of Asian descent in North America who had zero to do with this? You?

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Good point. As much as China might be trying to misinform the world, they put a lot more effort into misinforming their own people. There is a reason sites like Twitter are blocked there. 

They also tried to turn it around and blame the US. Kind of supports what I am saying. Anybody who takes a step back and sees the whole picture can realize that China messed up. Costing lives and livelihoods of not only their own but the world.

Hopefully most of their own population can realize that. They need better leadership.

• Upvote 3