The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, Cerridwen said:

This outrages me..to the point of speechlessness. And not just because of them being hijacked during a pandemic but because I've already read several reports about people in US governmental positions being sent to China with government cash in hand. Read accounts from people actually on the ground at airports relating shipments being bound for certain countries, under contract, being outbid by outrageous amounts and hijacked, literally, on the tarmac as they were about to be loaded. It has also been reported that the US government has been paying astronomical prices for PPE and equipment...outbidding other countries at the last minute and that, to me, is the height of corruption and just lack of human empathy and morals and ethics. Yeah, I know it's a tough world out there but I have always wanted to believe that most people had at least a smidgeon of humanity in them. You can rest assured that everyone in government on the Republican side is going to be very well taken care of... I don't know if there's enough karma to take care of these people.

Before anyone jumps in, I have been doing a huge amount of reading and no, I cannot locate the actual articles and reports in which I read this information. It was last week sometime so this article is just confirmation that it IS, indeed, happening.

US denies French accusations of ‘hijacking’ China-made coronavirus masks meant for France

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/who-is-getting-the-virus-and-what-comes-next-b-c-s-latest-covid-19-modelling-data-unveiled-1.4900539

Who is getting the virus?

Part of the data released included some demographics of who is getting the virus in the province. The data shows that the median age of those being tested positive for COVID-19 is 54. However, the median age of those who have died is 86. 

"We've had one death in a person in their 40s, two people in their 60s, but the majority of them have been people who are in their 70s, 80s and 90s, including somebody who was over 100," Henry said Friday. "This again reflects that young, healthy people have relatively mild illness,"

How does B.C. compare to other provinces?

While the rate of the virus might be slowing in B.C., that's not necessarily the case in all provinces.

"We have flattened and levelled over the last few weeks," Henry said. 

In other provinces like Quebec and Ontario, however, the curves of new cases and deaths climbed more steeply than in B.C. To date, Ontario has recorded 478 deaths connected to the virus, while Quebec has had 688. Meanwhile B.C. has had recorded 78 COVID-19 deaths. 

On the other hand, provinces like Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick and Manitoba have all had relatively flat curves.

But Henry said the curves appear to be levelling off in other provinces and said she hopes that trend continues.  

Until we ease restrictions and the virus has access to many more hosts, then back up it goes

Edited by stawns
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

we've been running an experiment for a month now on how we get groceries, the numbers are dropping using that 6' distance and metering in the number of people in a store. So if we can apply that to other situations like BC Parks and retail stores you'd think that would be the way to begin. 

The question is tho, will the dummies out there still comply? or will we see a lot of conflict? 

Except the low numbers are more from mass isolation than "social distancing".  Does anyone really believe that when we ease restrictions the virus isn't going to come roaring back?  

33 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I pray for our cousins south of the border (at least those ones that aren't blinded by Orange Man)

I wish we could jump up and down on the Georgia/Florida border so eventually Florida could somehow break off and float into the Gulf.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

There's just no end to his dumbassery. Unfortunately, it's going to (getting) people killed.

They should identify these yahoos and deny them any medical aid if they contract Coronavirus.

I get people are getting cabin fever and unemployment is sky high.   The trade off for a back to work mentality/directive will mean a lot of preventable deaths (especially the elderly).  But what do you expect from country that values guns over lives.

/end rant.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Canada Hockey Place said:

Trump just said "there are no tornadoes..just breezes...those folks are fine...should be flying kites.....totally fine.....we have the best kites."

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

17 minutes ago, skolozsy2 said:

I wish we could jump up and down on the Georgia/Florida border so eventually Florida could somehow break off and float into the Gulf.  

Has anyone verified that picture?  I couldn't find anything

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, stawns said:

Has anyone verified that picture?  I couldn't find anything

Can't verify the picture but I know Jacksonville opened their beaches this morning. Pretty sure the governor gave the okay for other beaches as well.

Scary

2 minutes ago, skolozsy2 said:

Can't verify the picture but I know Jacksonville opened their beaches this morning. Pretty sure the governor gave the okay for other beaches as well.

Scary

I read that too, bit not for normal use and only during certain hours.  Just wondering if that pic was legit, or an old photo recycled.

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

I read that too, bit not for normal use and only during certain hours.  Just wondering if that pic was legit, or an old photo recycled.

https://www.actionnewsjax.com/weather/skycams/

(crowd seemed to have thinned out a bit now - course it is 4:35PM here & I imagine early evening in Florida righ tnow)