The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

28 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

I don't care for Trump. He's not my leader. 

What I stated is a fact. Some people have no education when it comes to what the media spews out.  How informed would this planet be REALLY... if the media actually told the truth  or news. 

Trump did not say the Virus was a hoax like many believe.

AND When Trump sarcastically mentioned bleach injection... some people took him seriously.  whats more pathetic...lol 

You know what... that's the human race for you. 

You do know Trump is on tape saying it’s a hoax right?

At this point, I think you’re just looking for attention.

Careful what you wish for, for such attention to the inner self can be as damaging as future cancer.

But if those are serious thought, then...

Bless your soul for nothing can be done for you.

Edited by Me_

3 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

Trump will win 2020.

He likely would've won relatively easy in the November had he shown ANY inkling of being human during this (as would pretty much ANY leader of that party would experience a good bump *UP* as that nation rallies behind its leader).  Now he's just made it a 'horse race'.  Even an ineffectual leader like Justin (my opinion) saw his approval ratings go up during this.  Donnie's stayed pretty much the same (his base won't change no matter what).

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

What I stated is a fact. Some people have no education when it comes to what the media spews out.  How informed would this planet be REALLY... if the media actually told the truth  or news. 

AND When Trump sarcastically mentioned bleach injection... some people took him seriously.  whats more pathetic...lol 

its funny that you believe that. 

• Cheers 4

19 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

It's funny you believed him, can I see your set up?

Sarcasm at its best. Right? The dude is on tape.

Here is the definition of sarcasm for you:

the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.”

or

”Check that DarthMelvin guy out, he’s gonna make it!”

But in Trump’s briefing, there is no irony nor is there mockery.

I do admit the contempt for a life-long scientist, pandemic hero is severely high, and with a pinch of condescending misogyny I may add.

But that’s contempt and misogyny.

Edited by Me_

8 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

It's funny you believed him, can I see your set up?

In a time of crisis, should the words of a leader be taken seriously, or do we have to wait and analyze whether or not those words were a joke.  Pick a leader in a time of crisis.  Did we ever have to question their words.  Yet you are defending TRUMP's defense that he was being sarcastic, in a serious briefing during a worldwide crisis.  

• Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

It's hilarious when people like you claim the media is the main problem while, at the same time, you're straight up others not to believe their own eyes and ears. 

No, Trump didn't say drink bleach. No, he didn't say you should inject yourself with Lysol. However, what Trump did say was still bafflingly stupid. Here's the White House transcript (so, it's a direct source):

1510744635_ScreenShot2020-04-24at9_33_55AM.thumb.png.612fac1a88ba21e42d5ead1e0f8f0979.png

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

When any president has to deal with the human race... well some will kneel or bow and others with be defiant. 

Those are two very extreme options and Presidents should likely not be "defiant" OR kneel and bow.  They should probably be good listeners, open minded and welcoming of new ideas, strong but not stubborn, clear, concise, a good communicator, etc.  Not sure he's any of those things.

LOL...ALL presidents deal with "the human race".

Not sure why you should have to defend him.  That sort of speaks volumes in itself.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2