The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

3 minutes ago, gurn said:

Ohh crap.

and a good portion of them are young people. time to get their heads on straight and start acting responsibly, none of this crap about how the government is trying to control them, or it is a hoax, and now we shouldn't have to wear masks , it is our right. well it is the rest of us that is our right to live, we don't need these people to keep spreading the virus 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

A big part of this new upswing is idiots that weren't even from Kelowna going there just to party and act careless, and now they're potentially putting hundreds if not possibly thousands at risk. Since re opening it seems like people don't care enough to be careful and the only way to keep people safe is to have restrictions against going to places like bars, mall, etc. People just aren't doing enough and have stopped caring

Edited by -Stammer-
  • Vintage 3

7 minutes ago, -Stammer- said:

A big part of this new upswing is idiots that weren't even from Kelowna going there just to party and act careless, and now they're potentially putting hundreds if not possibly thousands at risk. Since re opening it seems like people don't care enough to be careful and the only way to keep people safe is to have restrictions against going to places like bars, mall, etc. People just aren't doing enough and have stopped caring

The challenge right now is that we have no means to stop these private gatherings.  What we can do is ensure that businesses are doing their part to make sure the rules are followed.  There should more punitive measures levied against businesses that don’t do this.  

• Vintage 1

42 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This happened in Melbourne 3 weeks ago. Everything seemed contained?  Then 10 jumped to 30, to 100 in a week.

2 weeks ago 200 & the whole city was shut down again...  :o

Then 350 & 400. Although it seems to be easing as we are just entering our 3rd new week of lock down? Hopefully contained again before we become New York!

We are just in time, or just too late?

Oh, and as of tomorrow mandatory face masks now that supply is adequate!  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Not the least surprising with all the tourists pouring into my area and the Okanagan. Many people acting like it is over and partying away. I have seen parties, people shaking hands, hugging and riding in golf carts and vehicles together. It was only a matter of time. 

28 minutes ago, spur1 said:

Not the least surprising with all the tourists pouring into my area and the Okanagan. Many people acting like it is over and partying away. I have seen parties, people shaking hands, hugging and riding in golf carts and vehicles together. It was only a matter of time. 

Eventually everyone is gong to go the way of the States and say f it. I couldn't imagine being someone who hasn't accepted how hard life is or has settled on a financially stable lifestyle, and you just have to suck it up as a 25 yr old and put your life on hold.?

Edited by Gawdzukes

36 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Eventually everyone is gong to go the way of the States and say f it. I couldn't imagine being someone who hasn't accepted how hard life is or has settled on a financially stable lifestyle, and you just have to suck it up as a 25 yr old and put your life on hold.?

I don’t think people are saying &^@# it, down here.

They are just too stupid to comprehend what is going on and that the global pandemic is happening.

Plus biggest health crisis in this country since the Spanish flu.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Spitting is assault. Never mind the racial side of the attack.

I once have a friend break a guy's jaw. The guy took him to court. My friend got off due to the fact that the guy started it by spitting in his face. 

Gotta be honest, you release any bodily fluids my way, better have good health coverage.

Cause I am kicking your ass!

• Cheers 2

6 hours ago, -Stammer- said:

Kelowna is an absolute sh!tshow right now.  I've never seen Lake Country this packed before.........way more than a normal year

5 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

then the government has to tke away the things that tempt those 20 somethings.......bars, gyms, boat launches, pubs, restaurants etc etc etc.

• Thanks 1